2018-2019 University of Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if UB is switching to P/F next year? Can't find anything on their website or frankly anywhere else but I'm fairly confident it was brought up during my interview day.
yes, P/F next year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist this morning (IS), interviewed 2/28 as well. Will be matriculating here this Fall, good luck to everyone else!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
seems like a lot of people from late February/ March are getting accepted. How about some love for January interviewees

Anyone else recently accepted still have “Wait list” on the status check page?

And how long does it take to change to accepted? Doesnt feel real haha. Need the confirmation!

And how long does it take to change to accepted? Doesnt feel real haha. Need the confirmation!

Mine just changed this morning. Still waiting on UB person number to pay deposit.

Any accepted students around that I can PM quick?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance Tuesday, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who was recently accepted received the GradAdmit email yet? Just trying to get this deposit in.

Has anyone who was recently accepted received the GradAdmit email yet? Just trying to get this deposit in.

I got an email around 1am just now from "[email protected]" with a one-time password but it's asking for my "UBITName and Person Number", which I don't have yet. Does anyone know if there's supposed to be another email?

Edit: Just received the second email from Dr Marshall with you login information for "GrAdMIT" around 6am. Should be all set now. Use that to login in to GrAdMIT and confirm the acceptance, then press the "Status" tab to find your UBIT Name and UB Person Number needed to pay the deposit.

Last edited:
So I paid my deposit a while ago now but it still says “NA” on the gradadmit page next to “acceptance confirmed:” under the status tab.... anyone else?

Just got accepted off the waitlist!! Interview 2/27 and will be accepting the offer. I’ve never been more happy about anything in My entire life. Good luck to everyone and i look forward to meeting my future classmates!! If a Facebook page has been made yet could someone reply with the link? Thanks!!!

Reactions: 8 users
How long did it take to get the emails with your person number and the one from the background check company?

Accepted today at 12! So excited to be coming back!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who interviewed before January getting off the waitlist? Feeling really discouraged

Anyone who interviewed before January getting off the waitlist? Feeling really discouraged
interviewed in september and got WL on oct 15th. Been here since day 1 man, you're not alone :\ OOS if that helps

for anyone still waiting when i asked a few weeks ago I was informed that anyone can be taken off the waitlist anytime between now and august 5th.

To those recently accepted, how long does it take to receive the second email from GradAdmit & Dr. Marshall?

i think that has been asked a million times but does anyone have any idea about when we will get financial aid info?

Reactions: 2 users
i think that has been asked a million times but does anyone have any idea about when we will get financial aid info?

It comes in early June apparently, as per a current student.

For transcripts, where are you guys sending them? The office of admissions or elsewhere? It doesn't specify in the acceptance package.

It comes in early June apparently, as per a current student.

For transcripts, where are you guys sending them? The office of admissions or elsewhere? It doesn't specify in the acceptance package.
I asked mr rosso today. i just addressed to the office of medical admissions and put the schools address

after paying our deposit are we waiting for another email to get a password and username to actually activate our MyUB account? I haven't received another email and im wondering how long that typically takes

after paying our deposit are we waiting for another email to get a password and username to actually activate our MyUB account? I haven't received another email and im wondering how long that typically takes
Yeah, I got an email the next day with an official acceptance and how to set all that stuff up.

Just got accepted off the WL today, interviewed early November. So stoked!

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, I got an email the next day with an official acceptance and how to set all that stuff up.
isn't there another email we're supposed to get too to actually activate it though so we can access our resources online? this was in the email with our grad admit username
FOR NEW STUDENTS:
You will receive a One-Time Password and further instructions via email within the next 2-7 business days. This One-Time Password is emailed separately for security purposes and is the final piece required to activate your UBITName Account.

Hey all. I'm in incoming M1 here and was looking to buy a new laptop. Really technologically challenged but need a new comp and am trying to save money. Will a macbook air suffice?

Has anyone gotten financial aid info yet?

Yep, my FAFSA was processed on 5/7 and I got my financial aid sent to my UB email address on 5/28.

Hey all. I'm in incoming M1 here and was looking to buy a new laptop. Really technologically challenged but need a new comp and am trying to save money. Will a macbook air suffice?

Factoring in possibly streaming lectures, viewing histo slides, flashcards apps, note-taking or using for exams, any "newish" MBA would be more than fine. My significant other got by easily with a 2014 MacBook Air and my 2015 MacBook Pro is still going strong, which I plan to continue to use.

Last edited: