2018-2019 University of Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was looking at the interview feedback page and a few people mentioned they were asked about someone from the news that they would interview- was anyone asked this is recent interviews? It seems like it would be a very political thing to talk about

Members don't see this ad.

Does the picture HAVE to be 2x2? I have 2x3's from walgreens and basically want to know if I really need to be cutting them to be 2x2...

Does the picture HAVE to be 2x2? I have 2x3's from walgreens and basically want to know if I really need to be cutting them to be 2x2...
I am wondering the same thing, I feel like it's probably not a big deal but I also don't want it to seem like I can't follow directions if I can't get a simple 2x2 photo when I'm asked for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else not heard anything from this school? I applied late (due to a late MCAT) and I received an email verifying that the application was complete, but I haven't heard anything since; I'm not on hold, I haven't been rejected, and haven't been invited for an interview. This is making me so nervous!
Yeah. I'm from Western NY and was complete in mid July. Radio silence from my peers in the frozen north.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how to get a 2x2 photo other than getting a passport photo taken at a walgreens or something? Is there a way to print a photo I already have as 2x2?
I literally took a pic from my computer and pasted it into a Word document and printed it on computer paper. When you're stretching a pic on Word it says the measurements as you're going so I got it as close to 2 x 2 as possible and it was completely fine. I'm a perfectionist so i was freaking out but I was accepted the next day.. so definitely not an issue at all.

Interviewing tomorrow. Anyone concerned about the expected 5-7 in of snow? Just like from a purely travel trouble point of view. I'm from upstate but I don't normally travel through the Buffalo airport so unsure if the snow should be a concern

Interviewing tomorrow. Anyone concerned about the expected 5-7 in of snow? Just like from a purely travel trouble point of view. I'm from upstate but I don't normally travel through the Buffalo airport so unsure if the snow should be a concern

Travel today (Tuesday) should be fine. As for tomorrow, I think it’s supposed to start picking up aroun 8-9 am so hopefully morning commutes to the interview should be fine. As for when you leave, there will probably be about 5-6” on the gound by the late afternoon. At least that’s what they’re saying haha

does anyone who interviewed yesterday know when we can expect to hear back? slipped my mind to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did they say how for along they were with giving out IIs?

Just got an email saying all new interviewees are being waitlisted. Interviewed two days ago. Just a heads up for people interviewing soon

Just got an email saying all new interviewees are being waitlisted. Interviewed two days ago. Just a heads up for people interviewing soon

Same. They said they will be in touch again “in the next few weeks”. Good luck folks

Same. They said they will be in touch again “in the next few weeks”. Good luck folks
I wonder what "a few weeks" means. The last school that said a few weeks took 2 months to get back to me..so I'm curious what the actual meaning of that is!

Does that mean anyone interviewing from now on will be automatically waitlisted? My interview is on the 13.

Does that mean anyone interviewing from now on will be automatically waitlisted? My interview is on the 13.
it seems like it. they said at this point in the cycle they are holding all interviewees on their waitlist.

it seems like it. they said at this point in the cycle they are holding all interviewees on their waitlist.
That's interesting. I talked to Mr. Rosso a few months and he said that every candidate has the same chances and that no one ever interviews just for a waitlist position. It's kinda disappointing to hear that haha

That's interesting. I talked to Mr. Rosso a few months and he said that every candidate has the same chances and that no one ever interviews just for a waitlist position. It's kinda disappointing to hear that haha
Yeah when i talked to a current student he said he's never heard of an email like that from the school. Maybe they have more seats currently filled than they anticipated which is a bummer for us! haha

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah when i talked to a current student he said he's never heard of an email like that from the school. Maybe they have more seats currently filled than they anticipated which is a bummer for us! haha

My hope is that schools are just being conservative this year since the changes to the AMMC traffic rules starting this cycle. They don’t wanna risk over enrolling come Fall so they’re waiting until Spring when they have more concrete information on who’s matriculating and who’s rejecting acceptances.

My hope is that schools are just being conservative this year since the changes to the AMMC traffic rules starting this cycle. They don’t wanna risk over enrolling come Fall so they’re waiting until Spring when they have more concrete information on who’s matriculating and who’s rejecting acceptances.
lets hope, they usually have a lot of movement in the past.

how are the traffic rules different this year than last? I'm just curious because I didn't know it changed

lets hope, they usually have a lot of movement in the past.
Yea that's what it seems like from past threads. The only thing is they're still interviewing and the waitlist is going to just keep getting bigger. Best of luck though! it's not over yet and you'll never know until the end!

Well that killed my pre interview optimism lol

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if Mr. Rosso plays any part in the decision making process for acceptances or if he is just there as a contact point for us?

Well that killed my pre interview optimism lol

Same :(. Although I’m unsure of how the waitlist works - will we be lower on the list because we interviewed much later? Or is it based on other factors (such as IS/OOS)? Who knows.

Regardless, we still need to crush the interview and hope for the best.

Hi! Just want to confirm, on Buffalo's website it still lists grading as honors, high satisfactory, etc. etc. but earlier in this thread someone mentioned they switched to pass/fail. This is definitely true?

Hi! Just want to confirm, on Buffalo's website it still lists grading as honors, high satisfactory, etc. etc. but earlier in this thread someone mentioned they switched to pass/fail. This is definitely true?

Yeah. They told us at interviews that they switched to pass/fail.

Current M1 students aren't doing pass/fail yet. So they'll be switching for the next class (Hopefully us!)

Reactions: 3 users
I found this page on FB. Can anyone confirm whether this is a legitimate class page? I was under the impression that it would not be created until late March / early April when orientation details were published. Thanks!

well that kinda sucks if all later interview dates are automatic WLs if it were true that UB reviews your application on a lottery basis...

I found this page on FB. Can anyone confirm whether this is a legitimate class page? I was under the impression that it would not be created until late March / early April when orientation details were published. Thanks!

I just called UB and the Office of Student and Academic Affairs was not aware of this page’s existence, and were thus wary of joining.

Interviewed here earlier today. The campus impressed me and the weather was cold. However even though I am from Sunny California, this was not my first time seeing snow haha

Interviewed here earlier today. The campus impressed me and the weather was cold. However even though I am from Sunny California, this was not my first time seeing snow haha

The winter is definitely rough but the summer is really beautiful.

The winter is definitely rough but the summer is really beautiful.
I would like to see that. I am kicking myself because I forgot my passport and wanted to see Canadas side of Niagara Falls

@ansid. Haha I know, just teasing. You should go to CA tho. Wonderful place

I would like to see that. I am kicking myself because I forgot my passport and wanted to see Canadas side of Niagara Falls
Definitely recommend you to visit the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Absolutely beautiful in all seasons!

Interviewed yesterday, and waitlisted today. I guess the wait begins now :(

+1

Last edited:
Interviewed yesterday, and waitlisted today. I guess the wait begins now :(
How big was the interview class? Im on the WL too but since october. Hopefully seats open up and they give us another look! :)