2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol should I be concerned that I didn't make the cut for pre-II waitlist?
Yeah not sure if it’s better to be pre interview waitlisted or nothing lol

Members don't see this ad.

So that would mean those that haven’t heard are heading straight to R or an II....fun!
the email said "we will notify you by e-mail if an interview position becomes available". but not sure how many ppl decline interviews here given that many Californians are trying to stay in california

the email said "we will notify you by e-mail if an interview position becomes available". but not sure how many ppl decline interviews here given that many Californians are trying to stay in california
That seems more promising than not getting the interview waitlist email. It looks like those that didn’t get the the email will be rejected :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what’s the earliest they get back to people on the waitlist? I think I recall them saying May but I wasn’t 100% sure.
Not sure but their website says 5/1 through 7/15 people are notified.

At my interview, one of the staff told us we would hear back in 2-4 weeks? Did anybody hear back within 2 weeks?

postsecondary R yesterday afternoon, OOS + complete around 08/20. good luck to everyone else!

Did most December interviewees hear back already? Trying to figure out how delayed they are with decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still in the darkpost secondary...

Woke up to a pre-II R this morning
IS (no ties to IE)
Submitted secondary around late September or early October

Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Pre-II R today. Secondary submitted early October.

At least it was like a sneak attack in the early morning so we didn't really have time to neuroticize about when it would be coming

pre-II R this morning. In state but not from Davis area.

Are these Rs rolling in this morning, or did you all get them early AM? Just trying to figure out if I should incessantly check my email (never a good idea anyhow) or if I’m in the clear for the time being.

Survived the R wave but didn't receive an interview waitlist email so we'll see how this turns out!

Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R this morning. Complete late September

No rejection but no interview waitlist for me too. I talked to an admissions coordinator this morning and she told me that their system shows my status as "under review". She advised me to keep checking my email until I receive notification one way or the other and that there is no specific time or deadline to when that will come.

Reactions: 1 users
No rejection but no interview waitlist for me too. I talked to an admissions coordinator this morning and she told me that their system shows my status as "under review". She advised me to keep checking my email until I receive notification one way or the other and that there is no specific time or deadline to when that will come.

Does that mean they still send out II? Same situation here.

Reactions: 1 users
Does that mean they still send out II? Same situation here.
It seemed like that is a possibility but then again there is the interview waitlist people to consider. We for sure know that it is better to be "under review" than to have been outright rejected because they would have sent the rejection already. Wishfully thinking I feel like they might be making one last review of the secondaries and then placing us in interview waitlists or rejection categories but like I said that is pure speculation. I echo any anxiety and frustration over not knowing but feel better that I am not in this alone. If not this cycle then it will be the next, good doctors are tenacious and determined and this is a test of that.

Reactions: 3 users
Got a missed call from Sacramento this afternoon. Called back.....just spam :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
I got that pre-II R yesterday too :/ It stung, because I am from NorCal, but it makes sense. I do not like primary care very much
I will move back home during residency hopefully!

Has anybody who interviewed ~ two weeks ago heard back today yet?

Has anybody who interviewed ~ two weeks ago heard back today yet?
Not on my end yet! I remember one of the admissions officers stating that they are getting back to interviewees in 2-4 weeks, but it should be closer to 2 weeks. I hope we hear back soon, although it also seems like other folks who interviewed before have been waiting longer for a decision which makes me think that our wait may be longer as well :unsure:

Not on my end yet! I remember one of the admissions officers stating that they are getting back to interviewees in 2-4 weeks, but it should be closer to 2 weeks. I hope we hear back soon, although it also seems like other folks who interviewed before have been waiting longer for a decision which makes me think that our wait may be longer as well :unsure:

Haven’t heard back either! I think burb is right, I don’t think we will hear back yet because it seems that those who interviewed before us are still waiting to hear back.

Got a missed call from the director of admissions two days ago. Called back but there was no answer so i left a message. Haven't heard back since lol. Interviewed 12/7

*Update: Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got a missed call from the director of admissions two days ago. Called back but there was no answer so i left a message. Haven't heard back since lol. Interviewed 12/7

*Update: Accepted!

Congrats!

Stats?

So sorry!

Stats?

IS or OOS?
Also got the R post secondary so I’ll give u my stats. Strong mission fit, ties to community service in the area/went to undergrad there but I’m originally from SoCal. 514 mcat 3.4 gpa. Overall had a super strong and unique app but my gpa trend was all over the place! I don’t think they’re quite as holistic as they used to be.

+1 pre-II R

IS , moderate ties to Davis. C’est la vie

503. 3.4UG and 4.0G. IS.
I know for sure its my MCAT because the none academic part of my application is very strong and I've had many other interviews as well

Congrats on your other interviews!

May I ask where?

Good luck!!