2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stay beautiful everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When is the CTE deadline here?
From their admissions portal:
  • "21 days prior to Orientation(July 29, 2019): “Commit to Enroll” is required to be selected by the accepted students matriculating to UC Davis School of Medicine. Failure to do so will result in the rescinding of the admission offer"
**However based on a recent email sent by the office of admissions you need to at least have selected PTE by today(May 7th) to hold your spot, but if you are not on any waitlists you can just select CTE today.

Reactions: 1 users
Speculating here... So we should expect to see more WL movement starting tomorrow given the PTE deadline is May 7th and that all accepted students single down to only 1 school on April 30th (if applicants comply with the new traffic rules).

Reactions: 1 user
Speculating here... So we should expect to see more WL movement starting tomorrow given the PTE deadline is May 7th and that all accepted students single down to only 1 school on April 30th (if applicants comply with the new traffic rules).

That makes sense. I hope it’s true

Yeah, hope they aren't done giving out acceptances! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
Is this really all the movement?? I’ve been on the WL for 7 months and I’m seriously feeling crushed by this seemingly heartless process. I’m sure there are thousands like me who are stuck in limbo. Not knowing if I have to open another AMCAS or if I should find employment for the next year is frustrating, so an indication of our position on the WL would have been appreciated. Sorry for the salt. I’m trying to stay positive.

Reactions: 6 users
Is this really all the movement?? I’ve been on the WL for 7 months and I’m seriously feeling crushed by this seemingly heartless process. I’m sure there are thousands like me who are stuck in limbo. Not knowing if I have to open another AMCAS or if I should find employment for the next year is frustrating, so an indication of our position on the WL would have been appreciated. Sorry for the salt. I’m trying to stay positive.

Same here, buddy. There has been movement based off of the waitlist forum and changes in the facebook group, but, like you, I wish we had some semblance of where we stand. Don't lose hope though, there will be more movement. Hope that we are in the next batch.

Reactions: 4 users

I can’t say how much I relate to this post. You’re not alone. Hopefully we’ll be next

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Facebook group currently has 278 members. Does this imply the class is basically overfilled and therefore we won’t be seeing much waitlist movement?

Heartless is a pretty good way to put it. Did you apply DO? That process is a lot more “human”. For instance, MSU DO school gives people who aren't accepted a post-rejection advising if they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Facebook group currently has 278 members. Does this imply the class is basically overfilled and therefore we won’t be seeing much waitlist movement?

Lol - interesting deduction.
Na, fb page is a mix of newly accepted ppl and any current student that felt like joining the page.

- current ms4

Will be withdrawing my waitlist position. Good luck to all!!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know about after how long financial aid packages were given to people accepted off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Recently logged into the Application Portal (UC Davis)

I am greeted with this message: "Please note: The system will be down May 15-17 for faculty and administrator access."
Is this a sign for possible major WL movement next week? :unsure: Or am I speculating too much?
I'm already starting on my re-app for next cycle.

Recently logged into the Application Portal (UC Davis)

I am greeted with this message: "Please note: The system will be down May 15-17 for faculty and administrator access."
Is this a sign for possible major WL movement next week? :unsure: Or am I speculating too much?
I'm already starting on my re-app for next cycle.
Where is this message located? I just logged into my portal and I don't see it.

Where is this message located? I just logged into my portal and I don't see it.

Hey everyone! I called admissions today and the person I talked to was so so helpful. She said that this Friday is Graduation for MS4s so it's basically all hands on deck this week for that. She said she would be surprised if there was any WL movement this week and into next. She mentioned that the admissions committee gets together to discuss which candidates will be offered spots before any calls are made. I confirmed again that they do not accept any LOI.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey everyone! I called admissions today and the person I talked to was so so helpful. She said that this Friday is Graduation for MS4s so it's basically all hands on deck this week for that. She said she would be surprised if there was any WL movement this week and into next. She mentioned that the admissions committee gets together to discuss which candidates will be offered spots before any calls are made. I confirmed again that they do not accept any LOI.

Thank you!!!!!

I have a feeling it isn't too mysterious. From my conversations with other UCs the holistic screening process is a combination of a third-party algorithm that takes your MCAT, GPA, and (maybe) experiences to do the initial screening/ triaging. From there it is reviewed by a team of people (I actually believe that from the way the admission people sounded exhausted) and they send the secondaries in waves based on the screening triage. That's my take away from it anyway.
Do you know the MCAT cutoff?

Blessed day!! Just received the call!! This is my top choice! I'm so stoked! Stay hopeful everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Just got in fam!!!!
I’m crying right now and so are my parents. Accepted immediately and withdrew the amcas I was working on :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got it too!! Just email and prematriculation information no call. Over the moon right now.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got in as well earlier this week! Got a call.

Reactions: 6 users
Happy to see so many WL movement! This gives me hope! Hopefully, there's more yet to come!

Reactions: 7 users
I realized I’d prefer to be on the East Coast, so I’ll be withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone :)

Got in off the waitlist as well!!!!!! :D heard back on the 23rd, no call just an email. According to my roommate, this is the fastest he has ever seen me get out of bed (I literally jumped out once I saw the email lol) :laugh: Don't lose hope my fellow compadres!

Reactions: 2 users