2018-2019 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R yesterday :) Last rejection of the cycle out of the way! Now, on to med school!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also still in limbo post-2 updates. Kinda given up hope for these California schools haha.

Unexpectedly received a II today! Last two interview dates available are 3/21 and 4/8. April 8th is the final interview date I believe.

Me too! I was totally expecting another rejection email. Only date left for me was 4/8 which is their last date.

Can someone explain the new traffic rules to me and how that will affect this year's cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! I was totally expecting another rejection email. Only date left for me was 4/8 which is their last date.

Can someone explain the new traffic rules to me and how that will affect this year's cycle?

Honestly your guess is as good as mines... my understanding was that we were supposed to commit to schools by April 30th. But if one were to interview on 4/8 idk if decisions would come out in time by the 4/30 deadline?

Honestly your guess is as good as mines... my understanding was that we were supposed to commit to schools by April 30th. But if one were to interview on 4/8 idk if decisions would come out in time by the 4/30 deadline?

Ya you are basically right, I found more detail about it on this post: Explain New Traffic Rules

I hope Irvine will make speedy decisions for the 4/8 interview folks! Good luck at yours!

Reactions: 1 users
I suspect they will try to streamline decisions to be done by April 30th (and hopefully financial aid) but if not, you will be able to commit to another school and still be pending acceptance or on the WL at UCI. Then if you get accepted you will have X number of days (I think around 5) to withdraw the other school and accept the new offer

Edit: when I say commit I mean "plan to enroll" not "commit to enroll". Sorry for the poor wording

Also still in limbo post-2 updates. Kinda given up hope for these California schools haha.
I spoke too soon. II this morning (!!!!), only date available is April 8th.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also received II this morning. That was completely unexpected.

Does anyone know if UCI is receptive to post interview updates (before they post admissions reports)? I vaguely remember hearing something about this during the interview day. Thanks!

Just got the acceptance call from Dean Peterson! Interviewed late Jan

Waitlisted, early January interview. Super disappointed as this was my top choice. Anyone know how the waitlist works here?

Has anyone who interviewed early February heard back from the school? This is the last school I interviewed at that I am still waiting to hear back. Does anyone know if you find out if you got into PRIME when accepted? Thanks all hoping to finalize my decision in a few weeks.

Has anyone who interviewed early February heard back from the school? This is the last school I interviewed at that I am still waiting to hear back. Does anyone know if you find out if you got into PRIME when accepted? Thanks all hoping to finalize my decision in a few weeks.

Interviewed mid-February and have not heard back :(

Just wondering but for those who interviewed and/or have been accepted, does UCI offer any merit scholarships/grants? Or is it all need based?

Does anyone know if UCI accepts post interview updates (after hearing back)? I got waitlisted in November and I wanted to send an update but not sure how/where/if they are receptive to that.

Thanks!

Any MD/PhD ppl hear back about waitlisting/rejection post-II yet?

Does anyone know if UCI accepts post interview updates (after hearing back)? I got waitlisted in November and I wanted to send an update but not sure how/where/if they are receptive to that.

Thanks!
I believe they are. I submitted one through the portal and received a follow-up email saying that they added the update to my file.

+1

I heard back from the school today :), if you get accepted they will let you know by the end of that week whether or not you get into the PRIME program. Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Welp, first week of February interview, and waitlisted! Keeping my hopes up that there's plenty of movement after April, fingers tightly crossed

Also, for those that were also waitlisted and/or other knowledgeable ppl, any insights into the "deferred acceptance" option after confirming your spot on the waitlist? This is the first I've heard of this, and I've combed through last year's thread, too.

For those that have been accepted, have they said anything about second look? I am hoping they get back to us Early March people before the second look weekend.

Hey everyone! I'm a current med student at UCI - just wanted to say that a big portion of our class ends up coming from the waitlist, so if UCI is your top choice, I definitely recommend sending a letter of intent. There is hope! I myself was accepted off the waitlist during my application year, and I sent a LOI around mid-April before the waitlist opened. Feel free to PM me if you have questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Question for any current students: where do most students live other than UCI housing? Are there places nearby (Costa Mesa, Newport, etc) that have more of a student feel?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the financial aid form email today for bringing documents to our interview. Do we absolutely need this form completed by the interview date? I lost my SSN card a long time ago. I requested a new one online just now but it takes 7-10 business days and won't be here in time for my interview.

Just got the financial aid form email today for bringing documents to our interview. Do we absolutely need this form completed by the interview date? I lost my SSN card a long time ago. I requested a new one online just now but it takes 7-10 business days and won't be here in time for my interview.
Same thing happened to me, i called and they said to just fax it in when my SSN card came in.

Has anybody that interviewed 3/5 heard back? I know Dean Peterson told us at least a month so I’m hoping either this week or next

Has anyone been added to the Facebook group recently? It’s been almost a month and my request still hasn’t been approved...

Also, does UCI have a Second Look??

Has anyone heard back from the 2/19 group or know when we’ll hear back? I ask since the 3/5 group is already asking lol. Thanks!

Does anyone know if UCI is receptive to negotiating scholarship? Also has anyone received their finaid package yet?