2018-2019 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else gotten an email from the financial aid office about them needing additional FAFSA verification before actually getting an admissions decision?

I got an email requesting additional verification but it didn’t say anything about admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else gotten an email from the financial aid office about them needing additional FAFSA verification before actually getting an admissions decision?
Paranoid because I didn't get this email lol. I was waitlisted back in November - just curious what your status in the process is?

Also on a separate note, does anyone remember if waitlisted folk are supposed to submit the FAFSA / financial aid info while still on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Paranoid because I didn't get this email lol. I was waitlisted back in November - just curious what your status in the process is?

Also on a separate note, does anyone remember if waitlisted folk are supposed to submit the FAFSA / financial aid info while still on the waitlist?

I’m also stressed because of this!! I interviewed Dec 11 and haven’t heard back - they said this week was when we’d hear back so I’m hoping the lack of email doesn’t mean I’m getting the axe

I’m also stressed because of this!! I interviewed Dec 11 and haven’t heard back - they said this week was when we’d hear back so I’m hoping the lack of email doesn’t mean I’m getting the axe

Did either of you submit FAFSA for UC Irvine? I think you get the email if you listed UC Irvine in your FAFSA application!

Yes I got that email. Haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary.

I got the email too. Was accepted and recently submitted fafsa

ACCEPTED, JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god.... Just got an II here!!! This is a dream come true honestly. Dates are 3/5 and 3/21. LM 69 complete 8/13

Reactions: 8 users
Last year even though I didn't get into UCI yet, I included UCI in my FAFSA school list. Make sure to do this to stay in the running for certain types of financial aid!

Just got an interview today! Had two dates available in early and late March.

Reactions: 6 users
Silence since early July...who else is in the same boat?

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone rejected here get information about applying to their conditional acceptance program? I'm trying to gauge whether this is emailed to everyone rejected.

I got an email about conditional acceptance and so as my friend. Does anyone have any aiddtinal info about this program?
Did anyone rejected here get information about applying to their conditional acceptance program? I'm trying to gauge whether this is emailed to everyone rejected.

Has anyone heard about conditional acceptance program? I got an email today. Would appreciate if anyone can provide any additional info about success rates and general requirements - e.g. mcat requirement set by their program. Thank you!

I think it went out to everyone that was rejected as a way to promote this program. On the other hand, I’m not so sure since they pay for it and give students a stipend. Hopefully more people will respond below and let us know.

I think it went out to everyone that was rejected as a way to promote this program. On the other hand, I’m not so sure since they pay for it and give students a stipend. Hopefully more people will respond below and let us know.

Was this only sent to recently rejected students?

Was this only sent to recently rejected students?

Pretty sure they only send this to a select few that meet the school's mission but do not quite meet their standards on metrics. Email is basically an R but says that if you are unsuccessful in matriculating anywhere by end of April, to consider their conditional acceptance program. I feel they sent this email out in a batch today; I received one and so did a colleague of mine.

For anyone who has sent in an update through the portal, did you receive any sort of confirmation it was received?

I am interested in learning more but can’t find any information on sdn about it. It seems rather challenging considering those in conditional program will have to compete with medical students and get high grades in very difficult classes. I am wondering how realistic this is considering that accepted medical studens have extremely high metrics and someone like myself has low metrics. Did you by chance have any more info about the program or know anyone who has done it. Would you condisder this program, what do you think about this offer? Thank you!
Pretty sure they only send this to a select few that meet the school's mission but do not quite meet their standards on metrics. Email is basically an R but says that if you are unsuccessful in matriculating anywhere by end of April, to consider their conditional acceptance program. I feel they sent this email out in a batch today; I received one and so did a colleague of mine.

Yup - either hours after submitting or early the next day!

When you submitted your update through the portal, did you send it through the Communications tab "Send New Email" section?

I am interested in learning more but can’t find any information on sdn about it. It seems rather challenging considering those in conditional program will have to compete with medical students and get high grades in very difficult classes. I am wondering how realistic this is considering that accepted medical studens have extremely high metrics and someone like myself has low metrics. Did you by chance have any more info about the program or know anyone who has done it. Would you condisder this program, what do you think about this offer? Thank you!

Hi, I got a conditional acceptance offer last year and its basically your 1st year spread out in two years. You have to score above the 70% with the rest of the first years and you take some courses, not all courses, first years take. Sometimes, they throw on additional requirements like retaking the MCAT and scoring a certain score before you are considered a conditional student the following year. If you are a conditional student the following year, you're considered an official first-year medical student and you would continue on that year with the rest of the first years that were newly admitted while the previous first years continue to become second years.

Pre-II R. Had heard nothing since completion in mid August. Sent a really sincere update + letter of interest back in December. NVM.

When I interviewed in September I didn't bring in my social security card for the financial aid form that the asked us to bring in. I don't remember talking to anyone about this on the interview day. Does anyone who recently interviewed know more about when we have to send this in by?

Unexpectedly received a II today! Last two interview dates available are 3/21 and 4/8. April 8th is the final interview date I believe.

Reactions: 3 users