2018-2019 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just gonna ask again because I saw that it didn't get a response earlier but... do they do post-ii rejections or is it typically just silence?

Reactions: 2 users
Just gonna ask again because I saw that it didn't get a response earlier but... do they do post-ii rejections or is it typically just silence?

In the past they didn't send rejections until June and that was post interview I think so from what I could tell it was just silent rejections for pre-interview people but the thread was super long (43 pages) so I didn't look super deep.

But also people reported getting interviews all the way through March so I'm confused how this year they're supposedly done interviewing already? Did they change the way they do things this year?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I think last year the students got an email indicating that the class was filled and that acceptance will be released if a spot opens in April.
I assume this year will be the same case. Dean Hall did mention that they are doing a ranked waitlist this year.

In the past they didn't send rejections until June and that was post interview I think so from what I could tell it was just silent rejections for pre-interview people but the thread was super long (43 pages) so I didn't look super deep.

But also people reported getting interviews all the way through March so I'm confused how this year they're supposedly done interviewing already? Did they change the way they do things this year?

They shortened the interview season, yes.

Reactions: 1 users
They shortened the interview season, yes.

Dang i was holding out some hope for here still haha, guess my last tiny bit of hope for having a shot at the cali dreams is it Stanford pulls through :p

Weird flex but ok

Sorry I just realized that makes it sound like Ive actually interviewed there but its been silent from there too. Meant there's still a little hope there because they've been known to send interviews through january in the past so gonna hold out hope for one haha.

Happy New Year to this thread. Hope more of you get accepted in the next couple of months and to see some of you in eight months!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rejected today! Was never sent a secondary to begin with :p Good luck yall!

Also regretfully rejected haha, congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still waiting on post interview responses!

Reactions: 5 users
Got the R! There goes my dreams of moving to the warmer part of CA. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Rejected, but I also didn't submit a secondary, so just slightly disappointed

complete early august and still haven't heard anything smh

rejected post secondary :/ knew it was coming but still hurts to be rejected from your top choice
good luck/congrats to everyone still in it!

Completed October...just checked the portal and no updates for me. Here’s hoping they will send more IIs!

Also regretfully rejected, haha. First rejection this cycle. Much love, UCLA :).

Complete late September and no update for me! maybe there's one last IIs coming!!

I just called admissions and they said that they still have few Interview slots for this month and that will be the end of the cycle. good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 7 users
I just called admissions and they said that they still have few Interview slots for this month and that will be the end of the cycle. good luck to everyone.
Hmmm...a bit vague with respect to any more invites going out, but I guess it could still happen via a very last minute invite. Good to know I can cross this one off my list after Jan 31st.

Also, if they didn’t review my app, I want my money back ;)

Received official rejection today. I never received a secondary, so completely expected

I have no idea what to expect, was complete post-2ndary early August but I haven't heard a peep from them since then, no II and no R

Reactions: 4 users

Ah yes, some more false hope. Just what I've been looking for.

Reactions: 6 users
ANNNND. that's a wrap on DGSOM lol. good luck to everyone still in the running!

Does anyone know when PRIME applicants who got deferred to regular MD are going to hear back?
Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone knows the timing. Some folks, who were deferred from other programs to MD only, mentioned earlier that there are interview dates set for late January. It’s possible that they will still release II’s this month if spaces are open. After January, they are planning to get back to PRIME applicants by early March, so I would expect that people who were not offered II’s would hear back either then or (hopefully) earlier.

Does anyone know when PRIME applicants who got deferred to regular MD are going to hear back?

LOL, maybe never. When I called them about our PRIME predicament a few weeks back they were still deciding if they were even going to consider us for regular MD.

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out for DGSOM?

You should have gotten an email a day or two after your acceptance about how to apply. I’ve already submitted the paperwork and received my award.