2018-2019 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ucla please, I really want to like you but all your silent shenanigans & 2am waitlist shuffling makes my heart weary </3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did any of the people that got the error email accept their spot on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any September people receive the WL email?

Reactions: 1 user
i didn't...hoping it's not an R :(
It seems like from the past years UCLA doesn't reject until school starts! I know this cycle they are trying something new, but we should stay positive until the R comes. Maybe they are still considering us!

The only thing we can legite assume from the decision delays and inconsistencies is that the admissions committee has some tough decisions to make. Until then any speculation or request for information is only going to add to the anxiety and be counterproductive.

The only thing we can legite assume from the decision delays and inconsistencies is that the admissions committee has some tough decisions to make. Until then any speculation or request for information is only going to add to the anxiety and be counterproductive.

I get that the committee has tough decisions to make but that’s not an excuse. It’s still pretty ridiculous to waitlist people and then remove them the next day. There needs to be some degree of accountability in this system, and UCLA is the main driving force for the confusion and anxiety of applicants.

I get that the committee has tough decisions to make but that’s not an excuse. It’s still pretty ridiculous to waitlist people and then remove them the next day. There needs to be some degree of accountability in this system, and UCLA is the main driving force for the confusion and anxiety of applicants.

Wasn't trying to argue the reason behind the anxiety just saying not to add to it. Anyways, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough my friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get an email to check your portal and literally nothing changed?

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah what the heck...
Same, beyond irritated with not knowing! I just would love to know the decision either way at this point so I can start committing elsewhere if they don't want me.

i nearly had a heart attack from the 3 emails

first the waitlist error 3 days ago and now this? ucla get it together...

D
i nearly had a heart attack from the 3 emails

first the waitlist error 3 days ago and now this? ucla get it together...

My high level of saltiness right now is like T10 school can't get it together with an online notification, smh

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who is on the waitlist (did not get the error message on Friday and accepted a spot on the waitlist) get the three emails today?

Did anyone who is on the waitlist (did not get the error message on Friday and accepted a spot on the waitlist) get the three emails today?
I am still on the waitlist, and I did not get three emails just now.

Also got the three emails...

Does anyone recall if the transcript tab on the status page used to say that transcripts are not requested until acceptance? I feel like there used to be a note there that said something along the lines of that, but I do not see it anymore. Now it just says my undergraduate institution and blank boxes with “date received” and “status.”

Am I going crazy thinking that it looks different than before?

Also got the three emails...

Does anyone recall if the transcript tab on the status page used to say that transcripts are not requested until acceptance? I feel like there used to be a note there that said something along the lines of that, but I do not see it anymore. Now it just says my undergraduate institution and blank boxes with “date received” and “status.”

Am I going crazy thinking that it looks different than before?

I think you’re overthinking it, my friend. I have not received any notification since my interview and it also shows my undergrad institution with date received and status under transcripts.

Just checked my portal and saw the waitlist position offer.... I never got a single email about this. Anyone else in the same boat? Lol wtf

Just was checking email on my way to work and saw three emails, so I assumed I got a waitlist notification. But there's nothing on my page...

It says "Decision Letter" so I'm not super optimistic

Last edited:
This is honestly so cruel of them. I'm so done with schools not putting more care into how they deal with emailing us.

For those who have been accepted/waitlisted, what does it say under the communication status tab for the email telling you to check the portal? Does it say Decision Letter Notification?

Last edited:
For those who have been accepted and waitlisted, what does it say under the communication status tab for the email telling you to check the portal? Does it say Decision Letter Notification?
"2019 Application Status Update"
The tab to accept the alternate list position is named "Admissions Decision."

Just called them. They said the 3 emails were a glitch and mean nothing. She said we should hang on for another notification later

Reactions: 4 users
Just called them. They said the 3 emails were a glitch and mean nothing. She said we should hang on for another notification later
Did they specify “later?” Like soon or like any time from now until August? I wonder if the you’re not on the “waitlist/alternative list” email was also a glitch :/

Did you receive the Geffen or another scholarship?
For me I got the Geffen. But I think they'd said they'd let you know with your acceptance, just not with a call necessarily. If I'm misremembering, I know for sure that they'd tell you before April 15.

Idk, I didn’t ask when exactly. She only said they were working to fix it and would get back to us later

Called them too. They said they would be able to send us an update hopefully by later today.

Reactions: 4 users
And there's the R. At least it's a decision