2018-2019 University of California - Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry what do you mean? The interview is just MMI. The dean gives presentations throughout the day and you're able to ask her any questions (she was super friendly).

Ahh thank you! You answered my question. At one of my previous interviews, there was a 30 minute one-on-one interview with a faculty member after the MMI portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Any acceptances yet? Or any news of when they will start sending acceptances out?

Any acceptances yet? Or any news of when they will start sending acceptances out?
I called just now and they said that they have been sending out offers since the 15th. Silence for me so far though. :( Interviewed Sept 22.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!! Complete 8/18 LM 69 UCR UG
See you guys Nov 3rd! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Also FWIW I was talking to my friend who got in EAP and of the 24 Haider spots, 9 of them are already taken by EAP students so there are 14 Haider spots left

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone submit mid-late July and have been in silence since then? Starting to get nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone submit mid-late July and have been in silence since then? Starting to get nervous.

Right there with you. Thought my IE residency would be a big enough factor to help me hear back early, guess not lol

For anyone that interviewed already can you give me a general idea of when the MMI is? I am session B so I am assuming its right in the beginning?

For anyone that interviewed already can you give me a general idea of when the MMI is? I am session B so I am assuming its right in the beginning?
A is morning and B is afternoon. I highly recommend doing A for future interviewers so you can enjoy the rest of the day/tour. Best of luck :)

Has anyone had an acceptance to UCR yet??
There have been acceptances, but nobody is posting on here about it for some reason. i called and they told me they have already sent out some acceptances and that if I already interviewed and didn't get one yet, then I'm on the waitlist. They also said that they send them out on a rolling basis and will go back and review applicants on the waitlist from time to time too.

There have been acceptances, but nobody is posting on here about it for some reason. i called and they told me they have already sent out some acceptances and that if I already interviewed and didn't get one yet, then I'm on the waitlist. They also said that they send them out on a rolling basis and will go back and review applicants on the waitlist from time to time too.
Yeah I’ve noticed that this thread is pretty quiet compared to others... even on the interview feedback page there’s no responses for Riverside when all the other UC’s (with NDA’s) have something. They interview a decent amount of students too (20 ish per interview day).

Ah... okay. I guess I've been waitlisted then :/

Ah... okay. I guess I've been waitlisted then :/
:( Sorry. I was also very sad when they told me this since this is my first choice school. I'm guessing that they didn't send out very many acceptances yet though since nobody is posting about being accepted? and there is probably still hope for us.

Just received a secondary.. IS, LM 64ish. Kinda late in the cycle, anyone know why they sending so late? More money? Primary submitted 7/7

Just received a secondary.. IS, LM 64ish. Kinda late in the cycle, anyone know why they sending so late? More money? Primary submitted 7/7

+1 a little late but one of my top choices so i will be submitting the secondary.

Also, the UCs are slower this year in terms of screening so I think it’s still worth a shot.

Never know until you try!

Got an interview invite this past Friday. Complete 8/10.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if UCR is receptive to application updates?
Yes. I had a paper published post-interview so I sent an update email and someone emailed me back the next day saying that they added that info to my app.

Any Oct interviewees get an acceptance yet?

II Today, my top choice !!!

Im so excited :D

Reactions: 5 users
II today!! Complete 8/23

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how/if UCR accepts pre-II letters of interest? There is no submission method in the portal so unsure if anyone has called and asked or if they know the info off-hand.

Been complete since early August and have not heard back. Thanks!

Has anybody who’s NOT a Haider applicant been accepted yet? From a few posts above, someone said they’ve already sent out acceptances. Does anybody know if those are only UCR alumni?

Has anybody who’s NOT a Haider applicant been accepted yet? From a few posts above, someone said they’ve already sent out acceptances. Does anybody know if those are only UCR alumni?
From my understanding, Haider committee hasn't met yet and they will meet in December so any UCR acceptances for Alumni wont come until late December im guessing. We were told 2-3 weeks post II for everyone else to get a decision.

I interviewed a month ago and still haven’t heard anything. Someone has mentioned that on Saturday’s that they don’t interview they meet for admissions stuff. Maybe we will hear this week? Or if someone has the guts to call them and ask

From my understanding, Haider committee hasn't met yet and they will meet in December so any UCR acceptances for Alumni wont come until late December im guessing. We were told 2-3 weeks post II for everyone else to get a decision.

In my interview, the dean said they already accepted 10 Haider applicants. Maybe the next batch will be in December.

In my interview, the dean said they already accepted 10 Haider applicants. Maybe the next batch will be in December.
Those 10 were accepted in the Early Assurance Program (EAP) the rest of Haider applicants are decided on sometime in Dec when the committee meets. From my understanding, the committee only meets 2x per year and my guess is 1 x for regular app cycle decisions and the other is for EAP applicants.

Wait I just realized that person who told me that was you! :oops:

Those 10 were accepted in the Early Assurance Program (EAP) the rest of Haider applicants are decided on sometime in Dec when the committee meets. From my understanding, the committee only meets 2x per year and my guess is 1 x for regular app cycle decisions and the other is for EAP applicants.

Ahh I see. Thank you for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk