2018-2019 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping I get an e-mail soon, too! :) Awesome you got one. Good luck on the interview!
Hoping I see you there! Thanks doctor stranger;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning also! Signed up for the earliest date on 2/12/19. Complete 10/6

Members don't see this ad :)
put on hold today complete 9/14ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I was verified mid August but I just got an email from UCSD saying they have recieved my primary app and I should wait upto 8 weeks to hear back for secondary???

Ok I was verified mid August but I just got an email from UCSD saying they have recieved my primary app and I should wait upto 8 weeks to hear back for secondary???
Me too, I've been wondering whether or not to bother them

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, I've been wondering whether or not to bother them
exactly. should i email them about it and tell them if this is just how slow they've been or did they not see my app till now like what?

exactly. should i email them about it and tell them if this is just how slow they've been or did they not see my app till now like what?
I was thinking of just calling the office haha, but i think that I'd just get some generic answer... sigh

Can anyone who interviewed share which documents are to be filled out prior to interviewing?

acceptance email today around noon. Interviewed 11/1. Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
accepted! interviewed 11/13! thankful i got in somewhere in california. best of luck to those still waiting to hear <3

"Courtesy of Ms. Nutella:
First pre-interview hold: October 23rd, 2014 (apparently ~2,000 applicants get placed on hold and 30-40 are eventually extended interview invites in January)"

Good lord lol why would they put sooo many people on hold?? what is the point?

Waitlisted - Interviewed PRIME on 10/25. Congrats to all those accepted!
Does UCSD interview you specifically for PRIME if you applied? I got the UCSD invite but it wasn't for PRIME so I'm guessing that would mean that I'm not being considered for that?

"Courtesy of Ms. Nutella: apparently ~2,000 applicants get placed on hold and 30-40 are eventually extended interview invites in January)"

So basically a glorified admissions cycle condensed into a couple of days in January for us on hold (with a ~1.75% interview rate). I'll take it as a rejection. Good luck to everyone in the running!

Last edited by a moderator:
On hold for interview :(. Complete 9/13

My primary was verified 9/4, I received the secondary 9/5
Verified Secondary 9/24
Interview Invite 11/27
Initial feb invite, rescheduled to jan.

#1 school choice. I am so proud of my self to even reach this step, wow. Take a minute and take it in guys, this is amazing.

EDIT: If anyone can PM me some MMI info to prepare for this interview I would be very thankful.

My primary was verified 9/4, I received the secondary 9/5
Verified Secondary 9/24
Interview Invite 11/27
Initial feb invite, rescheduled to jan.

#1 school choice. I am so proud of my self to even reach this step, wow. Take a minute and take it in guys, this is amazing.

EDIT: If anyone can PM me some MMI info to prepare for this interview I would be very thankful.
I've heard that this MMI book is a go-to since it has a lot of examples and explanations. I also have a bunch of links that I've been collecting about MMI:

Manual for MMI Interviewers (describes what MMI interviewers are supposed to look for and has a few question examples)

YouTube video MMI examples (I personally think these are SUPER helpful)

Sample MMI Questions

More Sample MMI Questions (this list seems legit)

There's also a strategy for preparing for MMI interviews discussed on this SDN thread.

That's a lot of links, but I actually have more so definitely let me know if you're looking for other resources (I'm personally looking at some bioethics resources since ethical questions will likely come up). I underprepared for one of my traditional interviews, so now I'm a bit too gung-ho haha. Hope this helps and best of luck! Rooting for you :)

Reactions: 7 users
Do they usually do silent rejections? I completed my secondary 8/19 and have had silence since then. No II, no hold, nothing. I'm OOS, no ties to the area, and LM 72 so I know my chances are very slim anyways.

Do they usually do silent rejections? I completed my secondary 8/19 and have had silence since then. No II, no hold, nothing. I'm OOS, no ties to the area, and LM 72 so I know my chances are very slim anyways.
I don’t believe that they do silent rejections. If I remember correctly, they do more rejections in January for people who are on hold and those who are not. I’m in the same boat of not hearing anything yet, so we just got to wait a little! Out of curiosity did you apply PRIME? I’m wondering if that is slowing down my app process.

I don’t believe that they do silent rejections. If I remember correctly, they do more rejections in January for people who are on hold and those who are not. I’m in the same boat of not hearing anything yet, so we just got to wait a little! Out of curiosity did you apply PRIME? I’m wondering if that is slowing down my app process.
No I did not apply PRIME, but thanks for the info! I wonder what the difference between silence and being placed on hold is.

I applied PRIME towards the end of September and haven’t heard back although I notice people who were complete around that time already did. I’m sure we will hear back very very soon though!

Does anyone know what the PRIME interview dates are?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was complete 8/13 and haven't heard anything... no Rejection, hold, or II... anyone else in this boat? Kind of frustrating =/

Reactions: 2 users
I applied PRIME towards the end of September and haven’t heard back although I notice people who were complete around that time already did. I’m sure we will hear back very very soon though!

Does anyone know what the PRIME interview dates are?

Hiya! I also applied for PRIME-HEq... and still waiting. Completed on 7/22 (wayyy past the 2-6 weeks as promised), so the anticipation is real. I've called a couple times over the past few months, and the admissions folks aren't too sure what's up. Seems like PRIME-HEq has its own filtering process that operates on a different timeline. I just hope it didn't hurt me to apply PRIME-HEq because these interview spots are filling up quickly.

Any end November interviewees know if we were supposed to hear back today?

Has anyone from end of November heard anything?

I also thought that 11/29 interviewees were supposed to hear back today (12/7), but maybe I am mistaken and they meant next Friday (12/14)??

Has anyone from end of November heard anything?

I also thought that 11/29 interviewees were supposed to hear back today (12/7), but maybe I am mistaken and they meant next Friday (12/14)??
Pretty sure they said by this Friday (12/7), and that they were expecting before today unless some system went down. Maybe they are waiting till end of day?

Looks like it's not happening today :( I thought for sure at least they would have sent out an email letting us know what's up.

Has anyone / does anyone know of anyone that has sent updates? I know they aren’t too receptive to updates but just curious

Hey anyone know anything about the GHAC mmi interview?

Accepted and still in disbelief. Interviewed late November!

Reactions: 4 users
this stings a little... received that fat post-II R :( thought I did decent during the MMIs but guess not.
Congrats to those accepted!

Waitlisted. OOS. Anybody else actually recieve an email about being waitlisted? I found out through the portal. Congrats to those that were accepted today!

Waitlisted. OOS. Anybody else actually recieve an email about being waitlisted? I found out through the portal. Congrats to those that were accepted today!

I got an email right away in October. Bizarrely, they sent me a copy of the same email this morning--gave me a heart attack. :|