2018-2019 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got mine on the 26th, it's normal. They said the review process can take up to 6 weeks so potentially got a long wait ahead of us
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

People who submitted the secondary right around when they first started sending them out should be hitting the end of the 6 week period right about now so we'll probably see some decisions soon. I'm glad UCSD does holds and rejects instead of silence so I can move on with my life lmao
I submitted and was completed on 7/5. The 6 week mark will be 8/16, so potentially another 7 days to go. I got excited when they said reviews take 3-6 weeks; was hoping it would be closer to the 3 end but that hasn't been the case haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's funny, on my portal it says the letters are received and everything is in and complete.
Sorry, I meant everyone whose portals originally said missing LORs, not everyone in general. It's fixed last I checked though

Added this school alte in the game but just submitted my secondary today. File is now complete so hopefully I hear something from thin in 3-6 weeks!

II (MD) just now! 1st one of the cycle. So happy :) Stats: LM 77, WARS 105, Submitted 7/23

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II!! OOS LM 78 :) so excited to visit California and hopefully meet some of you people!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Submitted early June! ORM, IS, LM lower mid 70. :)

1st II! IS. LM 75+ ORM. Strong ties to UCSD/La Jolla

Interview!! Leggo UCSD haha so excited

Regular MD II, OOS, LM 75, Complete 7/26! First II of the cycle!

Regular MD II, OOS, LM 75, Complete 7/26! First II of the cycle!
haha alright def got passed if 9 days later, hope the other Cali schools throw me a bone

2 questions:

1. How low is the OOS post-interview acceptance? The MSAR number of OOS interviewers to number of matriculants doesn't exactly paint a favorable picture haha

2. Should OOS people go out of their way to show how important SD would be to us?

So I just went into my applicant portal and noticed that the autobiographical sketch essay was cut off at the end. I remember there being an issue with the word limit in the application system - I must have submitted before it was corrected in the application. Does anyone else have this issue/think it will hurt my app?

So I just went into my applicant portal and noticed that the autobiographical sketch essay was cut off at the end. I remember there being an issue with the word limit in the application system - I must have submitted before it was corrected in the application. Does anyone else have this issue/think it will hurt my app?

It’s probably just cut off visually. Same thing happened to me.

2 questions:

1. How low is the OOS post-interview acceptance? The MSAR number of OOS interviewers to number of matriculants doesn't exactly paint a favorable picture haha

2. Should OOS people go out of their way to show how important SD would be to us?
29% OOS post-interview acceptance rate

Complete 7/15. Silence

Life is pain

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was complete 7/5 and no word yet. The 6 week mark is in 2 days so hoping for some good news!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was complete 7/5 and no word yet. The 6 week mark is in 2 days so hoping for some good news!
Right there with you!

Reactions: 2 users