2018-2019 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 II hold. Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm always going to lean towards holding on to a bit of hope - some do get interviews after being on hold pre-interview:

Courtesy of Ms. Nutella:

First pre-interview hold: October 23rd, 2014 (apparently ~2,000 applicants get placed on hold and 30-40 are eventually extended interview invites in January)

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on hold on 10/12. Was complete on 8/4.

Two holds and silence from the rest of my other schools. It's rough out here :(

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get any rejections pre-secondary? I still havent recieved my secondary yet with being verified mid august. Should I contact them?

Just a heads up, they told us during interview day that they'll be sending out the first round of acceptances Oct 23rd

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on July 21st and still haven't heard a thing. HELP!!:(

Complete on July 21st and still haven't heard a thing. HELP!!:(
Same boat--complete late July and not a peep. I was looking at last year's thread and it seems like there were others in this position as well, so I wouldn't worry! It seems that people from late July were still hearing back about IIs and Rs all the way through early November (and potentially later; I didn't read that far).

Just a heads up, they told us during interview day that they'll be sending out the first round of acceptances Oct 23rd

I interviewed on 9/13, and they told us they might get back to us on October 16th, but that we would definitely hear something on the 30th. Has anyone else heard anything different?

I interviewed on 9/13, and they told us they might get back to us on October 16th, but that we would definitely hear something on the 30th. Has anyone else heard anything different?

Same boat as you, but then my friend interviewed on 10/4 and was told they would hear back on 10/23. Maybe they're pushing up the date?

Same boat as you, but then my friend interviewed on 10/4 and was told they would hear back on 10/23. Maybe they're pushing up the date?

No. Your friend interviewed at a later date so it just makes sense that s/he would get decision at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Your friend interviewed at a later date so it just makes sense that s/he would get decision at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we were told we would likely hear back on 10/30 for those who interviewed on 9/13, so...

Well we were told we would likely hear back on 10/30 for those who interviewed on 9/13, so...

We were also told that maybe we’d hear back today. If they then told a later group they’d hear back on 10/23, we’re probably gonna hear back today.

Interview invite this morning!! My first UC interview. I am ecstatic! Complete 8/28

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning! OOS, ORM, Complete 8/17, they had dates available tomorrow and in late Jan/early Feb.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else have their primary verified mid August and not received a secondary from here? Or any pre-ii rejectins?

Does anyone know what time frame an applicant on hold pre-interview might hope to get an ii? Not sure how frequently they look over the hold pile to send out more interviews invites but trying to remain optimistic! The hold email said they would reconsider candidates at the end of January but I was hoping they reconsidered applicants prior to that as well.

On hold just now. Completed early august. Any ideas on how likely you are to getting and interview if you were put on hold?

Just got placed on hold. Complete 8/19

Could anyone provide some information regarding their interview experience here? Thank you!

Could anyone provide some information regarding their interview experience here? Thank you!

Definitely a pretty chill place, everyone is very friendly. Campus is pretty much on undergrad campus, so plenty of activities/food places. Interview format is standard MMI in the mornings. After (free) lunch, current M1 and M2s show you around on tour.

Anyone else have their primary verified mid August and not received a secondary from here? Or any pre-ii rejectins?

Verified even earlier and haven’t heard anything just yet. You’re in good company :)

Reactions: 1 users
Complete on 08/30, Received an II today (10/22)
Before this, only one interview attended from UC Davis.
No other IIs yet, but I completed late (September-October)\
LizzyM of 80

Reactions: 3 users
Nope, not that I saw on what was available on my calendar picker. My interview is not until February.

I highly recommend going on the clinic tours if you can. Definitely a highlight of interview day and my favorite tour of the cycle. It’s also one of the only opportunities to talk with 4th years and they are very open to Q&A

I highly recommend going on the clinic tours if you can. Definitely a highlight of interview day and my favorite tour of the cycle. It’s also one of the only opportunities to talk with 4th years and they are very open to Q&A

This the hospital tour or the free clinics?

Just got rejected post interview :(

Last edited: