2018-2019 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
0-2 for CA today.... Rejected just now.... This process is disheartening

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

0-2 for CA today.... Rejected just now.... This process is disheartening

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Can i ask when were you complete? I feel im right on the chopping block.

With your stats though im sure the other top5 schools will show you lots of love

Members don't see this ad :)
So many rejectiona the past week or two, and so few II. I wonder if there will be a wave of invites coming soon..

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary complete 7/30 and anxiously awaiting what will happen. IS. Applied for SJV prime. Strong ties to the Central Valley. CGPA 3.96, sGPA 4.00. MCAT 513.

Damn two california schools rejecting me in the same day, rough. Rejected OOS LM 78, Complete 7/30. Good luck everyone!

Uh-oh. That doesn't bode well for me. LM is also 78, also OOS. Good luck with your other apps!

Complete 7/1 Still no secondary, still no rejection.
I wish they would just send me my rejection so I can move on.

Reactions: 4 users
If you apply to JMP, does the regular MD admissions still see your JMP essays? Or does applying to JMP affect your chances for MD admissions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the JMP interview is like? The portal is pretty vague

So my secondary has been marked as submitted and everything else is in but I haven't received the official Zap solutions email telling me that my application is complete. Did other folks receive that kind of email?

So my secondary has been marked as submitted and everything else is in but I haven't received the official Zap solutions email telling me that my application is complete. Did other folks receive that kind of email?
I didn't (submitted 8/18)

is it too late to not have received secondary from this school?

where on their website does it say no upates? Trying to find it and feeling illiterate lol.

I found it at one point and noted it in my spreadsheet but I did a quick search and couldn’t find it again. It’s somewhere lol. I’m pretty confident about this though.

where on their website does it say no upates? Trying to find it and feeling illiterate lol.

I emailed them and they said after you submit a secondary, the only time to provide updates is if you get an interview.

UCSF does continuous holistic screening into October. The earlier you are verified, the earlier you are reviewed. They are just starting to reject, but I suppose a lot of people were “on hold” for secondaries as well (what that means is impossible to say for sure) and are now receiving them. I turned mine in about 24 hours after receiving it in July.

UCSF sends secondaries to 30-40% of applicants I believe, so it’s good news to get one even if it’s now and not the first wave.

I was verified in late June and have still not received any news, good or bad. Should I email and ask?

I was verified in late June and have still not received any news, good or bad. Should I email and ask?
Don't do it. The reviewers have enough to deal with and the majority get pre-secondary rejected from UCSF as it stands.

Don't do it. The reviewers have enough to deal with and the majority get pre-secondary rejected from UCSF as it stands.
+1. Pretty sure if you email them they will give you a generic response of "your app is still under review for a secondary invitation and the wait can be up to March."

Has anyone who applied to PRIME heard back?

Reactions: 2 users
MSAR shows that UCSF offers 280 in-state interviews and 110 in-state people matriculated. What do you we think the post-interview in-state acceptance rate is?

MSAR shows that UCSF offers 280 in-state interviews and 110 in-state people matriculated. What do you we think the post-interview in-state acceptance rate is?

About %55 for in state and about %53 for out of state according to previous US news data. Pretty much if you got an interview it seems like you'll have a ~50% shot regardless of in or out of state.

Just got an II (MD)!! Complete 7/31. So stoked :)

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted secondary on 7/30 so hopefully that means I’ll be hearing back soon!! I applied for SJV prime.

I just received an interview!! Secondary complete 7/30! Stats in sig! This has always been my dream school!!

Reactions: 7 users
Wow speak of the devil right?! Haha, congrats though! That's awesome!

I know!!! I had been expecting something since people were posting status updates near the date I submitted but now I can’t believe I got one! Such a dream. Thank you!!

I know!!! I had been expecting something since people were posting status updates near the date I submitted but now I can’t believe I got one! Such a dream. Thank you!!

I was complete on 7/30 as well so definitely getting nervous now!!!

Did not expect a secondary from this school!! Glad to know my app isn't trash. Primary verified 8/13, LM 67, ORM.

Reactions: 4 users
I just received an interview!! Secondary complete 7/30! Stats in sig! This has always been my dream school!!
Did you also receive your secondary on the 30th? Also, for those who just received an II, when did you receive your secondaries? I think they are starting to look at the next wave of 2* apps sent out around the end of July

Did you also receive your secondary on the 30th? Also, for those who just received an II, when did you receive your secondaries? I think they are starting to look at the next wave of 2* apps sent out around the end of July

They sent me the secondary July 26th, and I submitted July 30th.

Anyone complete 8/6 hear back yet? Congrats to everyone who's gotten interviews! You'll be awesome!

Just got an II! Does anyone know if Stanford is receptive to ITA?

I asked before and they weren’t receptive but would help you with scheduling post-II, can’t hurt you to send one tho

Edit: Also congrats!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for the info! congrats to you too :)
Thanks! Got the R here though but tried to double dip for a trip to UCD didn’t pan out but sent me the nicest rejection I’ve received

Finally got a secondary today! I was verified 8/17

Last edited: