2018-2019 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a quick question. Has anyone been able to get an interview with 4 letters of rec? Im a traditional applicant and have the 2 science letters and 2 character letters but is 5 a hard requirement?

Yes it is a hard cutoff. You will not get an interview without 5.

Members don't see this ad.

Do people get any email notifications for any status changes? For EFI I only saw it on the portal

Reactions: 1 users
Before you got EFI, when you logged in, did you just see a complete copy of your secondary? I don't see anywhere on the page to click on "status" or anything like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people get any email notifications for any status changes? For EFI I only saw it on the portal

You will receive a complete file otherwise you should monitor your application for other levels of status.

You will also receive an email if your application is not competitive for an interview or if your application did not appear to meet the minimum requirements.

Interview notifications will normally come via phone. We will contact you via email if there is no answer to the phone. If accepted, you will first receive a call and then an email with information and attachments.

Eligible for interview this morning. Complete 7/27

Reactions: 1 user
EFI today! ~7 business days after being put under review

Completed 7/27, EFI today :)

@REL How heavy is the EFI screen this year gonna be you think? How heavy was it last year?

Does anyone know how they determined whether you are eligible for interview or not? Are there any cutoffs or do most applicants get verified as eligible?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how they determined whether you are eligible for interview or not? Are there any cutoffs or do most applicants get verified as eligible?
If you meet the MINIMUM requirements... it's on their website. You need a 3.0 GPA, >500 MCAT, proper LORs, proper secondary, etc. I'm sure a fair amount of applicants eff this up.

Not if he ignored a few unknown phone calls recently. Still, probably not best to post that kind of info on here.
I pick up any phone call I get, even if it says unknown. You never know if it's a school. If it's spam, just hang up

Congrats! Did you all immediately get emails as well? Complete dates?

Last edited:
Do you have to be marked as EFI before being offered an interview or are some people just offered ii right away?

Congrats! Stats?
Thanks! LM 67-70. My stats might not be very helpful since I'm non-trad but you'll definitely get your app looked at even with lower stats!

Not posting phone numbers. Your phone will show the number is from Orlando, FL. I thought it was a spam call until after I answered it.

Thanks! LM 67-70. My stats might not be very helpful since I'm non-trad but you'll definitely get your app looked at even with lower stats!

Not posting phone numbers. Your phone will show the number is from Orlando, FL. I thought it was a spam call until after I answered it.
what do they say to you lol. I'd be a hot mess on the phone once I find out I'm talking to someone from admissions

what do they say to you lol. I'd be a hot mess on the phone once I find out I'm talking to someone from admissions
They introduce themselves and explain they're calling to offer you an interview, lol. You pick your date over the phone then they send you an email with more details after the call.

I don't think it really hit me as I was talking to them. I just talked to them as I would anyone else. After the call, it hit me that I just got an II to UCF so I spent the next hour regaining my composure. Normally, I would have fist pumped or gone for a run to get it out of my system but I was at work haha.

Reactions: 1 users
What if we can't answer because we have work? I'm assuming that admissions would allow you to sign up for a date online via e-mail?

What if we can't answer because we have work? I'm assuming that admissions would allow you to sign up for a date online via e-mail?
Yeah, I just answered while I was at work but I'm sure they will send you an email. Their websites states they send II's out via phone and email.

Just got a call for an II!!! So excited.

IS, MCAT 516, sgpa: 3.93, cgpa 3.97

Submitted and complete: 7/19

Reactions: 2 users
I completed the supplemental app and paid the fee 2 days ago and I just noticed my application went to "Hold for information". Does this mean that they're reviewing my LOR?

I completed the supplemental app and paid the fee 2 days ago and I just noticed my application went to "Hold for information". Does this mean that they're reviewing my LOR?
First looking for completed Supplemental App, then review LOR's.

For those of you that have gotten an interview, did you receive the email they were talking about on the phone call with more information about the interview and the dinner the night before? I still haven't gotten that.

For those of you that have gotten an interview, did you receive the email they were talking about on the phone call with more information about the interview and the dinner the night before? I still haven't gotten that.
I would get in touch with them. Mine came within minutes of the call ending. I assume they send it immediately after you confirm your interview date over the phone.

I would get in touch with them. Mine came within minutes of the call ending. I assume they send it immediately after you confirm your interview date over the phone.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to unnecessarily bother them. I'll do that today

Do either of you know what we wear to the dinner the night before?

Had a missed call & voicemail and got super excited. Turns out it was a random lady speaking in Chinese...
:(

Just noticed my application status went from EFI to N/A, has anyone else had this happen?

Just noticed my application status went from EFI to N/A, has anyone else had this happen?

Just prompted me to check and mine is N/A as well

Mine did this a couple of times before being placed on EFI, but crossing my fingers that it means something good!

Edit: And mine was not N/A earlier this morning.. I had just happened to look around 830 ET

It likely means that you are checking your status during a period that the system refreshes. The system refreshes on the even hours from the top of the hour for about five minutes.
'
when can we expect the next batch of II?