2018-2019 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone remember when the decisions from 10/12 IIs are supposed to be released?

Members don't see this ad.

Placed on the not yet accepted list :( that genuinely surprises me because that was the interview I felt the best about

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up. Send updates and a letter of interest if this is your #1

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that will change the outcome. You are ranked on a list and they accept people with the highest ranking off the not yet accept list.

Placed on the not yet accepted list :( that genuinely surprises me because that was the interview I felt the best about
+1. Bummed because UCF is one of my top choices. But there is room for movement, so don't give up!

II today by phone!
Complete late August, OOS

Reactions: 2 users
II by phone today. Completed mid-August.
Edit: OOS, LizzyM somewhere in the range of 68-69

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to send a pre-II update?

Congrats! What dates were available?

Join my Knowledge Society for free for first 3 days (then only $29.99/hr) to get access to this information.
IIRC it was a scattering of Mondays/Fridays in December.

Reactions: 3 users
Join my Knowledge Society for free for first 3 days (then only $29.99/hr) to get access to this information.
IIRC it was a scattering of Mondays/Fridays in December.
I like the way you think. You must be in my mentorship program.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m confused... I submitted in August and my final letter of reccomendation submitted the last day of September. I haven’t heard anything at all... is that normal? I made sure GRE code was correct (not before accidentally sending them to the wrong one but fixed it not long after. Now I’m worried maybe something else was wrong because I haven’t heard anything.)
What is the status on your dashboard?

They are additions to the already furnished information. More volunteering, semester grades, research progress et. al. may possibly help to enhance an application for possible interview selection.
Does the app bump up?

I was complete 9/19. I have a 505 MCAT and 3.9 GPA, double majored in Biology and Spanish. Any thoughts on if I might receive an interview? They updated my status to put me in the pool of interviews which was good news to hear after my secondary, but I have been in the dark since.

I was complete 9/19. I have a 505 MCAT and 3.9 GPA, double majored in Biology and Spanish. Any thoughts on if I might receive an interview? They updated my status to put me in the pool of interviews which was good news to hear after my secondary, but I have been in the dark since.
Be patient

Interview invite this morning! Interviewing on 12/3, complete 10/11 (statistics in my signature). Very excited, I have a great feeling about this school!

Reactions: 1 users
Which days are available?

Thanks! I missed a phone call from them yesterday and called back this morning. It seems they had a few people withdraw, so they had this Friday (11/16), next Monday (11/19), and 12/3 dates open. I know there were other dates open later in December as well.

Thanks! I missed a phone call from them yesterday and called back this morning. It seems they had a few people withdraw, so they had this Friday (11/16), next Monday (11/19), and 12/3 dates open. I know there were other dates open later in December as well.
Oh wow

Was accepted here today!! I am beyond thrilled as they are one of my top choices, if not the top choice. Which is crazy because they weren't really on my radar until the interview. This is an incredible school that impressed me at every turn whereas other interviews only gave me a worse impression of the school. They seem to be going above and beyond in every aspect from staffing to curriculum structuring to step preparation to matching.

I know I probably sound kinda car-salesmanish, but if you take away anything from this post: I definitely recommend going to the interview at any school, even if it's not one of your top choices. You never know what you'll learn about the school that could change your mind.

Reactions: 9 users
Was accepted here today!! I am beyond thrilled as they are one of my top choices, if not the top choice. Which is crazy because they weren't really on my radar until the interview. This is an incredible school that impressed me at every turn whereas other interviews only gave me a worse impression of the school. They seem to be going above and beyond in every aspect from staffing to curriculum structuring to step preparation to matching.

I know I probably sound kinda car-salesmanish, but if you take away anything from this post: I definitely recommend going to the interview at any school, even if it's not one of your top choices. You never know what you'll learn about the school that could change your mind.
what time did you get the call? and congrats!

Last edited:
I got the call around 1 pm yesterday from the one and only Rel

Reactions: 3 users
does UCF respond to ITA emails/ requests? if so I live in Florida but far away enough that its genuinely a trek to get there (like 7 hours of driving) and ill be in Orlando for the next two weeks. If they do accept this stuff idk if it will look bad since I live in FL but it really is inconvenient for me to drive there from where I live, so I am not sure if this counts.

does UCF respond to ITA emails/ requests? if so I live in Florida but far away enough that its genuinely a trek to get there (like 7 hours of driving) and ill be in Orlando for the next two weeks. If they do accept this stuff idk if it will look bad since I live in FL but it really is inconvenient for me to drive there from where I live, so I am not sure if this counts.
Lolol also curious

I think it is far from a stretch to ask that considering you live 7 hours + driving. Make sure to mention where you live and that it will be more convenient for you whilst being in the area. GL

ITA? Absolutely! FL is a large state but I have driven to UWF and to Miami from Tampa or Orlando area. The drive from Pensacola is just as long as the drive from Atlanta, so if you will be in the area provide us an email and the committee will consider the request as they make interview selections.

Has anyone received updates of their status on the "not yet accepted list" yet?

Not yet (ha). They said to expect the update after Thanksgiving, but it's only Monday so I'm not antsy.

I would assume they will call on Wednesday. I interviewed 11/9 and we were told we would hear back on Wednesday!

I am targeting today for updates after calling interview group. I do have a pretty heavy schedule so it may be tomorrow at the latest for an update.

Reactions: 5 users