Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 University of Central Florida

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by gyngyn, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Newyear

I think it is far from a stretch to ask that considering you live 7 hours + driving. Make sure to mention where you live and that it will be more convenient for you whilst being in the area. GL

beexoxo likes this.
  2. REL

REL Senior Member
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

ITA? Absolutely! FL is a large state but I have driven to UWF and to Miami from Tampa or Orlando area. The drive from Pensacola is just as long as the drive from Atlanta, so if you will be in the area provide us an email and the committee will consider the request as they make interview selections.

Indianfatty96 likes this.
  3. angelmed123

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone received updates of their status on the "not yet accepted list" yet?

4. ranne13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Not yet (ha). They said to expect the update after Thanksgiving, but it's only Monday so I'm not antsy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    angelmed123 likes this.
  5. djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I would assume they will call on Wednesday. I interviewed 11/9 and we were told we would hear back on Wednesday!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    angelmed123 likes this.
  6. REL

REL Senior Member

I am targeting today for updates after calling interview group. I do have a pretty heavy schedule so it may be tomorrow at the latest for an update.

7. angelmed123

Pre-Medical
    Thank you!

8. REL

REL Senior Member

Arghh! Updates! Coming Monday! Sorry!!

9. TaiLopez

II’s too? :)

Barre-fanatic likes this.
  10. Gator2010

After my interview yesterday, all I can say is what a great school! Super impressed by them! If you get an II, take it

11. MehKMeh

Pre-Medical
    Accepted a few minutes ago via phone call. Interviewed 11/19.

12. SnP500

Pre-Medical
    Apparently my chances of getting an acceptance from the waitlist is “as close to 100% as it gets” lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

chewydog, TaiLopez and Hirro like this.
  13. TaiLopez

Why do you say that?

14. SnP500

Pre-Medical
    That’s what my update email said. Definitely got my hopes up lol. Is this school receptive to application update emails?

TaiLopez likes this.
  15. djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member

Got the same email today, and was called last week and told I was near the top of the waitlist so just gotta wait and see. I don’t think they accept anymore updates. They said everything had to be in by the Wednesday following my interview

16. miaminative

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    +1

17. Gymnast97

anyone know what date(s) are currently being scheduled for interviews.... I know they only go through feb 22, and I am curious to know how close they are to that date with scheduling.

18. djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member

Are they sending out updates every Wednesday for the not yet accepted list?

19. ranne13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think Rel said updates for those on the not yet accepted list were only once a month or so...

20. Drbench

Pre-Medical
    Anyone know if they send out confirmation emails after sending updates

21. fiestachicka

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what were your stats?

22. MehKMeh

Pre-Medical
    LM 72

23. applepie1212

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hoping to get a good news call from Rel next Wednesday! I love that guy

2meo likes this.
  24. REL

REL Senior Member

No emails sent if you upload to the UCF applicant dashboard. If you can see it, we can see it.

md_mph_applicant_EY19 likes this.
  25. Drbench

Pre-Medical
    Thanks!

26. dnalwoh

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know if theres a Facebook page for accepted students here?

27. REL

REL Senior Member

Have not created it yet. I usually do it in mid to late January. Do you think that I should do it earlier?

The_Notorious_Not_MD and Zumy10 like this.
  28. applepie1212

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    today is the day everyone!!!

29. Gator2010

Super excited! But I believe Rel had said they will make decisions today and he will notify tomorrow.

30. applepie1212

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Rel said the committee was meeting on 12/18 and that he would be calling us 12/19 on his drive up somewhere with his wife lol I am pretty sure

31. Gator2010

You are 100% right! I got my dates mixed up!

applepie1212 likes this.
  32. applepie1212

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The suspense is killing me. I know only about 6 people get an acceptance call but the hope is still alive to be one of them!

33. chewydog

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    ACCEPTED!!!

OOS and had high hopes but low expectations due to the statistical likelihood of admittance. This absolutely made my Christmas. REL, you’re a beautiful man, and I love you (and your school).

34. Thefutureisbright

Does anyone know if UCF is still sending out interview invites or have they all pretty much been sent out?

mia2672 and TaiLopez like this.
  35. boundlesscorpuscle

Pre-Medical
    Got a call from the lovely REL this morning. Not yet accepted, but I'm still hopeful. Congrats to those that got the acceptance!

36. TaiLopez

Also curious!

37. SantiB33

Pre-Medical
    Waitlisted 12/19. The wait continues...

boundlesscorpuscle likes this.
  38. REL

REL Senior Member

We will still be inviting for late January, February, and early March interview dates.

southflts, Jgarc709, Drbench and 3 others like this.
  39. Thefutureisbright

Great, thank you for your response!

I will definitely keep praying/waiting to receive one of the remaining invites.

UCF seems to be an amazing MD program! Also, my fiancé’s parents just moved to Orlando and we are hoping to be able to move there too =)

TaiLopez likes this.
  40. TaiLopez

Thank you Rel. My dreams are still alive!

41. REL

REL Senior Member

You are always welcome to send file updates to the committee via your UCF Application Dashboard if you have something more to add for them to consider. You can also send an email to [email protected] indicating your continued interest in the program.

SantiB33 and TaiLopez like this.
  42. 1234593803-00

Is there a date for second look yet? I can't wait to go back to UCF!!

43. REL

REL Senior Member

Second Look: Monday - April 8.

44. djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member

Any idea how far through the “Not yet accepted list” you are going to get prior to second look? Or should we expect to start hearing back post April 30th?

45. 1234593803-00

Thank you! So excited!!! :)

46. ToothDoc92

Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted!! I have a 3/2 townhouse with a room to rent for the next incoming class. Comes with its own bathroom. Room can come furnished or unfurnished. Gated golf community right near the medical school and across the street from Publix. This room will not last long. 700/month with internet and utilities included

47. Indianfatty96

My twin bro and I got IIs today, IS, lizzyMs of 77-78 completed secondary in august sometime. We both declined, so I hope some of you guys hear back soon about this great program!

48. TaiLopez

Thank you. Ohhhhh UCF I dont have a 77-78 LM but I have heart <3

49. REL

REL Senior Member

I am happy for those that have done well and have the chances to make these decisions. It is sounds like you have done your due diligence and made a good decision for yourself. Often these decisions are based on remaining at the same institution or close to home and other perceived comforts and relationships for many obvious reasons. Of course this can be a +/- in situations where you drink the local "cool aid" or listen to "peer-speak" and dont take time to do your research about programs or decline interviews. I encourage applicants to attend all interviews because you dont know what you dont know or may not realize that you have been biased by incorrect perceptions.

If a Florida resident you have eight MD program and two DO program choices. I only have access to MD data (MSAR) but arguably all of the MD programs have very similar entering class data. I recommend that you visit each if possible and find out what you do not know, you will likely be surprised by some things that you did not know; maybe some things you learn could also disappoint you too. During your visit/interview pay strict attention to the environment and the outcomes data and how that program prepares you for success by exposure to the spectrum of medicine and the outcomes into residency. One thing you will probably hear on all interview days is that every program purports to be above the national average on the Step 1. Of course this cannot be true. While UCF is a younger program we have already moved into the upper half of the upper-quartile of MD programs in outcomes based on 3-year national data based on comparative data from the residency match program. Their data shows UCF to be well into the upper quartile based on Step 1, Step 2, and research, and at the national average for volunteering while in medical school. You might also be surprised to find out that a comparison of the last two years of match information reported by each MD program that UCF leads the state in percentage of matches into the top 9 specialty areas that are considered to be the most competitive UCF is at 23% while the next three programs are 5%, 10%, and 12% less. Then there is Lake Nona, an area what was created to become the next big medical go-to place in the nation by our legislature. Our own university hospital will be open in December 2021 and from what I understand, with the exception of UM, we will be the only other MD program in the state to own and operate our own medical facility which will allow for more control and research opportunities. Finally there is Lake Nona and the overall structure of the development of a total environment that will encompass an upscale shopping and entertainment "downtown" health and wellness partners, housing areas, and medical facilities that are now partnering in healthy living and the home of the annual Lake Nona Impact Forum (see ).

Lots happening here and our students are integral in all that we do. Make sure you do assess all things as you make decisions to interview, I know that you will make the right decisions for yourself once you have all of the information. I wish each of you well.

50. Princess Pre-Med

Thank you for this information! I had a quick question -- when deciding who gets an invitation is it random or by completion date? Thanks!

southflts and Thefutureisbright like this.