2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed then and was told to expect news sometime in January
Hoping it’s this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping it’s this week!

Same! Really enjoyed my interview day here and although I'm not the biggest fan of big cities like chicago hyde park felt like a nice place to be where its close to the city but not in the middle of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II rejection today. Complete early September

Does anyone know when pritzker gets back to us with our financial aid packages?

Also, for everyone else who was accepted in dec (or before), are the "Information Page" and "Letter" tabs on the portal (under the admissions decision tab) blank?? Wanna make sure I'm not missing any important info...

@gu5andr3 @Darriusajh @drlannister

II on 1/1!! OOS, Completed late August

Late Nov/early Dec interviewees: does anyone remember when they said they would release the next round of decisions?

Reactions: 1 user
II 2 days ago! complete early sept, open dates for jan/early feb.

Does anyone know when pritzker gets back to us with our financial aid packages?

Also, for everyone else who was accepted in dec (or before), are the "Information Page" and "Letter" tabs on the portal (under the admissions decision tab) blank?? Wanna make sure I'm not missing any important info...

@gu5andr3 @Darriusajh @drlannister
Yup, both blank on my end as well. Their website on financial aid says they'll e-mail us a financial aid guidebook & fin aid application after acceptance (idk when). I'd at least make sure to submit FAFSA asap and put UChicago as one of your schools.

R just now. Thanks for making me wait since July for this disappointment :)

Yup, both blank on my end as well. Their website on financial aid says they'll e-mail us a financial aid guidebook & fin aid application after acceptance (idk when). I'd at least make sure to submit FAFSA asap and put UChicago as one of your schools.
Already got my financial aid app a while ago (accepted 10/15) so be on the look out for that soon. Haven't gotten the guide or the package yet though. Hoping it's a big one lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Already got my financial aid app a while ago (accepted 10/15) so be on the look out for that soon. Haven't gotten the guide or the package yet though. Hoping it's a big one lol
Do you know if Pritzker gives out need-based scholarships? The website is a bit vague on that.

Late Nov/early Dec interviewees: does anyone remember when they said they would release the next round of decisions?

I'm wondering this too because I know they said most of Nov would hear in Jan but I can't remember exactly whether us Late Nov/early Dec ppl were pushed to Feb or not

I'm wondering this too because I know they said most of Nov would hear in Jan but I can't remember exactly whether us Late Nov/early Dec ppl were pushed to Feb or not
I called and asked, and the lady on the phone said February. Interviewed mid November.

I called and asked, and the lady on the phone said February. Interviewed mid November.

Hmm that's interesting. I interviewed mid/late november and was told January on my interview day. Maybe they pushed it back. Wouldn't be surprised at all since it seems all the schools I was supposed to hear from this month have been delaying until February.

Hmm that's interesting. I interviewed mid/late november and was told January on my interview day. Maybe they pushed it back. Wouldn't be surprised at all since it seems all the schools I was supposed to hear from this month have been delaying until February.
I remember hearing January on interview day, but alas, she said February. She made it sound like they are aiming for everyone to hear back one way or another then (besides maybe waitlists)

I remember hearing January on interview day, but alas, she said February. She made it sound like they are aiming for everyone to hear back one way or another then (besides maybe waitlists)

awww, every school I was waiting on this month has now delayed to february

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know if Pritzker gives out need-based scholarships? The website is a bit vague on that.
No clue. My guess is yes but I have no idea what I'm basing that off of, I think I recall someone said they had generous need-based aid?

Can anyone talk about the format of the interviews? Is it 2 open file interviews?

Can anyone talk about the format of the interviews? Is it 2 open file interviews?

Yes two open file and then one that's half open with a student. I think the student will have your personal statement (and maybe activities but cant remember for sure). They won't have your secondary though.

Yes two open file and then one that's half open with a student. I think the student will have your personal statement (and maybe activities but cant remember for sure). They won't have your secondary though.
I think PS and activities are what they had but not 100% sure

R minutes ago, survived all the R waves up until now :/ complete early-mid september

To people interviewed here recently, is the campus tour gonna be outdoor? Will be traveling here on one of the coldest days I have ever seen and really scared about the prospect of walking in snow in formal attire...

To people interviewed here recently, is the campus tour gonna be outdoor? Will be traveling here on one of the coldest days I have ever seen and really scared about the prospect of walking in snow in formal attire...
Part of the tour is outdoors, but overall the tour is fairly short. I'd say 10min MAX outside, probably closer to 5. I wouldn't worry too much about it, frigid but not trudging along in snow. Have a great day there!!

The roads and sidewalks will be well shoveled and plowed, and all the buildings are really close together so you won't be outside for long. The biggest snow-related danger you'd ever be in is stepping into it if you're getting out of a car/uber because curbs are usually piled with snow, so getting out on the side facing the road will probably be nicer to your shoes.

Is the consensus that mid November interviewees are likely to be notified of decisions in February rather than in the next week or so?

Is the consensus that mid November interviewees are likely to be notified of decisions in February rather than in the next week or so?

According to some later interviewees who heard more updated info, yes. Also i think we interviewed the same day haha.

II today. OOS. Only one date available...I feel like it came from a cancellation.

Last edited:
Does anyone familiar with Pritzker have any tips for an upcoming interviewee? :^D

Does anyone familiar with Pritzker have any tips for an upcoming interviewee? :^D
Just relax and be yourself! It’s a very chill interview. Obviously do your research on the school, but other than that just show how awesome you are

Reactions: 2 users
Is today decision day? Past post-II decisions have gone out on Monday. Or do we wait another week...?

I feel like it'll be later this month. Those extreme cold days the past week may have delayed things.

Based on last year’s thread, seems to be mid February unfortunately.

I'd be happy with mid february. My expectations have been for late february ever since I heard they delayed from the planned day of january.

I interviewed towards the end of January, they said we would hear back most likely late Feb. Not sure if this applies to people who interviewed before me but there ya go

I interviewed back in November so i wonder if they'll just lump all the rest of us together. I don't think they've sent acceptances out since then.

I interviewed back in November so i wonder if they'll just lump all the rest of us together. I don't think they've sent acceptances out since then.

I think they released some in December but no November interviewees were reported.

I think we are all gonna be lumped together I'd assume, also interviewed about 2 months ago