2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So is like the Pritzker MSTP cancelled this year? Lol. No IIs reported, no Rs, not on the master MD/PhD interview date schedule, 1 month behind last year on first II reported on sDN...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Checking in with that fresh 7/9 rejection.

LM ~80. First R :(

When did y'all get the email? I was complete on 7/9 and still haven't heard either way but I'm assuming it's probably a rejection at this point :/

Reactions: 1 users
When did y'all get the email? I was complete on 7/9 and still haven't heard either way but I'm assuming it's probably a rejection at this point :/
If you were complete earlier than people getting R's rn that means they probably have you on their version of a hold, so still a chance for II later

Reactions: 1 user
If you were complete earlier than people getting R's rn that means they probably have you on their version of a hold, so still a chance for II later
You're a kind soul Reddyice haha but pritzker was always a massive reach lol I guess we'll just have to wait and see :O

You're a kind soul Reddyice haha but pritzker was always a massive reach lol I guess we'll just have to wait and see :O
Your LM is 75 and im sure you have good EC's I wouldn't say massive reach, Pritzker is a reach for everyone tho

Your LM is 75 and im sure you have good EC's I wouldn't say massive reach, Pritzker is a reach for everyone tho
You know sdn has a rep for being harsh but y'all are hella nice lol idk why people say that
Thanks for the encouragement man! Means a lot!! :)

You know sdn has a rep for being harsh but y'all are hella nice lol idk why people say that
Thanks for the encouragement man! Means a lot!! :)
I'm really in the school-specific threads now a days so idk about the rest of sdn but the 2018-2019 school threads have been dope

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else feel like the past week and a half has been less fruitful than expected w regards to II? Got 6 II pre August 10th but have been radio silence since Mid August when the floodgates were supposed to "open".

Does anyone else feel like the past week and a half has been less fruitful than expected w regards to II? Got 6 II pre August 10th but have been radio silence since Mid August when the floodgates were supposed to "open".
just realized how douchey I probably sound with this. Sorry - Just looking for thoughts if anyone has been in the same boat :).

having multiple II does not mean you should get them at every school. it is pretty pointless to say how many II you have

Reactions: 13 users
i saw a post talking about # of ii’s and rejections so I thought it would be useful for other candidates to gauge where they are at respectively.

I did not in any way imply that I thought I deserved an ii at UChicago. it is simply a metric, although probably an insigificant one but who knows

Reactions: 3 users
i saw a post talking about # of ii’s and rejections so I thought it would be useful for other candidates to gauge where they are at respectively.

I did not in any way imply that I thought I deserved an ii at UChicago. it is simply a metric, although probably an insigificant one but who knows
everyone has different applications so comparing how many II you have to someone else is completely irrelevant. nobody should think that because you have 10 II that they should compare that to themselves

I just received an II. WEIRD thing is that I applied MSTP which is supposed to be a two-day interview, but the email only talks about a single day. When I go into the portal, I have options to choose my interview date on a calendar. It says, "MD/MSTP/MeSH" but again is just for one day. Huh?? Thoroughly confused right now...gonna contact them to ask. Meanwhile, does anyone with experience have any insight?

I just received an II. WEIRD thing is that I applied MSTP which is supposed to be a two-day interview, but the email only talks about a single day. When I go into the portal, I have options to choose my interview date on a calendar. It says, "MD/MSTP/MeSH" but again is just for one day. Huh?? Thoroughly confused right now...gonna contact them to ask. Meanwhile, does anyone with experience have any insight?

bruh, sounds like you got an mstp invite to me and they just had an error in the e-mail text

bruh, sounds like you got an mstp invite to me and they just had an error in the e-mail text
Hah, I hope so! I just emailed them to ask. It's just weird that the interview selection calendar is blocked out for single days at a time. :eyebrow::shrug:

So is like the Pritzker MSTP cancelled this year? Lol. No IIs reported, no Rs, not on the master MD/PhD interview date schedule, 1 month behind last year on first II reported on sDN...
The fact that the MSTP interview days don't show up on the national calendar is also odd...

Rejected today and I was completed on 7/16.
I'm not surprised though.
LM: 68

Congratulations and good luck to the ones getting interviews!

You called it, dude! Just got another email from them saying:
I write to correct a small error: Earlier today, you mistakenly received our MD interview invitation email instead of the correct MSTP interview invitation email.
And then another email with the correct invitation :)

wow I avoided the rejection massacre. Thought my essay here wasn't that great. No II but I guess I can still keep dreaming..

wow I avoided the rejection massacre. Thought my essay here wasn't that great. No II but I guess I can still keep dreaming..
Same i think but since i was complete 7/15 i think my R is still on the way

Holy smokes, this wave of rejections today was scary. I still haven't heard back from them.

Just received my rejection at 10:30 PM.... and I thought I could go to sleep safe today lol

Are admissions working so late at night? o_O

Here I was thinking I managed to avoid the guillotine...

Rejected just now. Complete 7/8. LizzyM-75

Gl everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Damn so I should be expecting my rejection soon, I thought since they rejected someone complete after me I was clear

Anybody done later in July get a rejection yet? I’m just waiting for mine to roll in any second

Complete 7/12 and still haven’t heard anything yet. Idk how to feel about it

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Complete 7/7 and received the R so I guess they’re moving through a lot of the early submitters. Good luck to everyone still in the mix! I’ve always loved Chicago, guess I’ll just have to visit as a tourist now lol

Reactions: 2 users
Complete 7/7 and received the R so I guess they’re moving through a lot of the early submitters. Good luck to everyone still in the mix! I’ve always loved Chicago, guess I’ll just have to visit as a tourist now lol
Oh no they’re definitely coming for me now (complete 7/6). Sorry to hear that

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to hear about everyone's Rs. I hope this doesn't sound callous but are they all pre-II or are there any post-interview rejections?

I've given up on trying to figure out where I am in the queue for Pritzker. Someone in this thread got an II and was complete 8/6 but there's tons of people here complete well before but sitting in radio silence???

Sorry to hear about everyone's Rs. I hope this doesn't sound callous but are they all pre-II or are there any post-interview rejections?
I'm assuming all of these are pre-interview