2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on a Saturday! Complete 7/15

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
The devil works hard but Pritzker's admissions staff clearly works harder (on weekends geez)

Reactions: 3 users
II just now on a Sunday morning! These reviewers are work machines. Complete 8/28

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you're having such a successful cycle so far!! congratulations!!
:D the IIs have been coming quick now and I'm ecstatic but a bit intimidated. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
This one, at the end of this month! I hope to see some fellow SDN'ers there!
Awesome! I have my first one in 11 days eeek! I wish you the best of luck :)

II just now on a Sunday morning! These reviewers are work machines. Complete 8/28

@theKingLT I know something weird happened with a bunch of people from different times being complete here on 8/28, do you mind sharing when you submitted the secondary initially?

@theKingLT I know something weird happened with a bunch of people from different times being complete here on 8/28, do you mind sharing when you submitted the secondary initially?
I submitted the secondary 7/17 but my committee letter wasn't sent in until around 8/14 so that's when I was "complete". I didn't receive the complete email until 8/28 (actually 11:00 PM on 8/27 now that I look back but whatever :D)

Do they have a rolling admission? I was complete on 08/16 but still no news. Just looking around in sdn, it looks like some people who have submitted after I did, already heard back from the school either an R or II .... my understanding of rolling admission is that they review applications based on complete dates?! So, technically, I should hear back earlier than others!

Do they have a rolling admission? I was complete on 08/16 but still no news. Just looking around in sdn, it looks like some people who have submitted after I did, already heard back from the school either an R or II .... my understanding of rolling admission is that they review applications based on complete dates?! So, technically, I should hear back earlier than others!
If it makes you feel better, I was complete 7/7 and still no news. I am an MSTP applicant but at UChicago I applied to their MD as I'm a Canadian Citizen so I was ineligible for their MD/PhD. Hoping you hear good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they are rolling, but I don't think that means they necessarily review in order of complete date. The review process varies a lot by school and there are a thousand different possible reasons for why you haven't heard anything. Maybe you haven't yet been reviewed at all, maybe you're under re-review, maybe they've made a decision but have yet to notify you, maybe you've been partially reviewed and stratified into a group for later full review--to name a few possibilities. As long as you're complete there's nothing more you can do but wait, so don't worry about it.

Just got the R. Submitted in mid-July. LM ~75 non-URM. Best of luck to everyone still standing!

is uchicago receptive of updates and if so how do i submit them?

not sure sorry :/ heard about it from a friend whose also applying this cycle but didn't want to push for details cause this was his dream school :/

II today! Complete 08/28

Reactions: 2 users
I will just add I got an R today. Bummed since I really liked the school but I didn't feel like this was one of my best secondaries. Oh well.. LM 75 complete early June

My ITA request worked but the available dates are just outside the range I'd be in chicago *face palm*. If they had one like 3 days earlier I would've been set. Oh well. I emailed them politely saying due to other scheduling I've had to make since the time of sending the update (about 2 to 3 weeks i think) I wouldn't be able to make any of the dates they had and asked them if it was possible to get a date in november. We'll see what they say to that. I really wish they had responded earlier and saved me the trip but I'm super grateful for the chance to interview here regardless. I just hope it doesn't look bad on me that I can't make it after they went through the trouble of looking at my ITA request. It's just I'm leaving for chicago this week and it was way too late to change my travel plans.

My ITA request worked but the available dates are just outside the range I'd be in chicago *face palm*. If they had one like 3 days earlier I would've been set. Oh well. I emailed them politely saying due to other scheduling I've had to make since the time of sending the update (about 2 to 3 weeks i think) I wouldn't be able to make any of the dates they had and asked them if it was possible to get a date in november. We'll see what they say to that. I really wish they had responded earlier and saved me the trip but I'm super grateful for the chance to interview here regardless. I just hope it doesn't look bad on me that I can't make it after they went through the trouble of looking at my ITA request. It's just I'm leaving for chicago this week and it was way too late to change my travel plans.

Could you shoot me a PM? I've got some questions regarding ITA requests and interview day.

Do you mind PM me as well. Considering sending one to them as well.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Just got the R right now. Complete 08/27. Good luck everyone with the rest of your apps!

Could you shoot me a PM? I've got some questions regarding ITA requests and interview day.

Do you mind PM me as well. Considering sending one to them as well.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Both of you feel free to pm me! I won't get a chance to respond likely till later tonight but send me a pm so I will have the notification and not forget.

Sorry yours didn't work out with your plans:(, it's so expensive/time consuming to travel. I also sent an ITA, but mine worked out with my travel plans. So excited to visit Chicago for the first time and interview at this amazing school

Sent an ITA yesterday. Got that thicccc R today. No surprise cuz they probably say my stats (LM 67) and yeeted my app into oblivion. Good luck everybody!

Any Canadians/International students hear back from Pritzker yet? I was complete on 07/06 and no news yet.

Just got the R (Canadian). Submitted 7/16, Completed 8/28

Anyone interviewing on Monday and not hear back about student hosting?

Got the R today, complete 7/16

Does UChicago change portal statuses from "your application is ready" to "under review" or will it stay ready until the R/II?

Received a R today. I was complete 7/15. Good luck to everyone else.

Can anyone who got an interview here and at northwestern and already attended both message me? I had a question about here

The reckoning is upon me.
Lol all these recent 7/15 7/16 R’s are terrifying me bc I submitted 7/17

Not interviewing until later this month, but did you get any other email after requesting student hosting?
Hey! I am a M1 at Pritzker that is one of the hosting coordinators. You should have received an email confirming we received your form after submitting your hosting request form. Then you will get an email about a day or two before your interview date, telling you who your host is.