2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday (Saturday). LM 72-74, IS, complete early-mid August! Dates available were late Oct. and early Nov.
Congrats! if they're going chronologically then it looks like i'm on deck - pls just get this over w/ Pritzker :arghh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So last year it seems Pritzker sent out a wave of decisions on the first day possible (today). Anybody know what the story is for decision release this year?

Reactions: 1 users
So last year it seems Pritzker sent out a wave of decisions on the first day possible (today). Anybody know what the story is for decision release this year?

Was told on interview day that some people would hear back on the first day, then about once every 6 weeks after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted with scholarship! Literally the best day of my life. Good luck to those still waiting to hear - if you interviewed here you'll end up getting in somewhere amazing!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted with scholarship! Literally the best day of my life. Good luck to those still waiting to hear - if you interviewed here you'll end up getting in somewhere amazing!
Congratulations!!! Did they call you just now?

Got a letter saying I am "in continued review" (MSTP). Dunno if that means waitlist of deferral (I assume it is the latter) but, either way, I'm not accepted or rejected sooooo...

Does anyone know if Interviews/Rejection are going out based on date secondary submitted or the date that the complete email was sent out? I submited 7/31 but didn't receive the complete email until 8/28. Its been silent so far for me but I've seen ppl on here with II/R with a late July/early august complete date.
complete email on 8/11 and still havent heard back:/

CONGRATS!! This school has been my top choice thus far, so I can only hope I get put on hold and accepted later on at this point since I havent gotten any calls

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted as well with scholarship! Got the call about an hour ago, beyond excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the As everyone! Did any of you interview on 8/14?

Accepted! I can't believe it!

Also for those that got scholarships, did they mention that over the phone or is it like in a letter or something?

CONGRATS!! This school has been my top choice thus far, so I can only hope I get put on hold and accepted later on at this point since I havent gotten any calls

Thank you! I hope you hear back from Pritzker soon! Congrats to you too on your UMich acceptance!! We're so lucky to have such wonderful options!

Accepted! I can't believe it!

Also for those that got scholarships, did they mention that over the phone or is it like in a letter or something?

For me they mentioned it in the call, and then included that information when they sent a follow-up email a couple of hours later. But if you get merit money elsewhere, I've heard they're really good at considering counteroffers! Congrats!!

Congrats on the As everyone! Did any of you interview on 8/14?
I interviewed 8/14 and was also accepted with scholarship today (got a nice phone call). Hard to express this amazing feeling!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got a voicemail from them today (in another interview lol) and called back with no answer twice. Excited but would really like to know for sure!!!

EDIT: Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on all the acceptances! Did anyone here interview after Sept 5?

Interviewed in early october so probably shouldn't even ask lol

Did anyone who got the acceptance call yesterday get the follow-up email? I’m waiting to cancel other interviews but I haven’t gotten the email yet. Just wondering if I’m the only one.

Did anyone who got the acceptance call yesterday get the follow-up email? I’m waiting to cancel other interviews but I haven’t gotten the email yet. Just wondering if I’m the only one.
Got mine within minutes of hanging up. Could be dependent on who called you though?

Interviewed early-mid Sept. and also haven’t heard anything. Pritzker is one of my top schools and the silence is killing me!
+1... Maybe if we find enough people to say this we can convince ourselves that the mid September dates weren't being considered in this first round and ease the nerves!

Boom!.....II just now! Secondary submitted July 13... First available November 9, 12, 19, 20...... Anyone comment on when the day ends so I know what time to book return flight?

Reactions: 8 users
Boom!.....II just now! Secondary submitted July 13... First available November 9, 12, 19, 20...... Anyone comment on when the day ends so I know what time to book return flight?

Congrats!!! You have given me a lot of hope my friend!

Day ends around 4pm! Most relaxing interview for sure. Good luck!

+1... Maybe if we find enough people to say this we can convince ourselves that the mid September dates weren't being considered in this first round and ease the nerves!
I stayed with a student host that said she received her acceptance in mid-November and she interviewed mid-September!

I interviewed here early October and they said they would probably have our decisions out by early November.

has anyone who got accepted last week gotten their scrub top yet?? I’m anxiously waiting for a package from pritzker, but recently moved and hoping it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle of new addresses/mail forwarding....

anyone know how deep into interview scheduling dates pritzker is at this point?

Anyone know if there's like a facebook group for admitted students?

Anyone know if there's like a facebook group for admitted students?
If you start one please invite me. Then they'll have no choice but to accept me

Reactions: 14 users
What are the last october interview dates?

Has anyone else heard back since the first batch of phone calls? Interviewed in early/mid September, and was told that we would hear back around mid-october... Absolutely loved the school & interview day and growing increasingly anxious with each passing day!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone else heard back since the first batch of phone calls? Interviewed in early/mid September, and was told that we would hear back around mid-october... Absolutely loved the school & interview day and growing increasingly anxious with each passing day!
I interviewed August 30th and I haven't heard back. I am with you with the increasing anxiety.

Guys they tend to only send out responses one day every 6 weeks or so. No one will likely hear anything until mid-/end-November