2018-2019 University of Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please limit your responses to 1800 characters, including spaces, for each essay question.
Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

Interview Feedback: University of Connecticut School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is SSG Jeremy Hodges, your local medical recruiter for the state of Connecticut. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. Best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary just received! Here are the prompts:

Please limit your responses to 1800 characters, including spaces, for each essay question.
Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

@gyngyn

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid question: On the second question regarding the MD/PhD stuff (which I am not doing), should I click No Major/Not Applicable or just leave it blank? It's kind of oddly presented...

Stupid question: On the second question regarding the MD/PhD stuff (which I am not doing), should I click No Major/Not Applicable or just leave it blank? It's kind of oddly presented...

I just left it blank, and I was able to submit my application, so I think it's okay to leave it blank?

Has anyone who paid with the AMCAS fee waiver received a complete email? My portal says I have been complete and submitted but no confirmation

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them earlier this week and they said they haven't released any IIs yet and will probably do so during the end of August.

Just submitted 2ndry OOS with slight ties, I know its a long shot but would really love to go here. LM 71-72.

We still technically have one week left in August, but still silence.

II received today!! ORM, IS, complete 7/23. Very very excited about the possibility of attending UConn

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! What's the interview schedule looking like right now?

I was offered one date in early September so unfortunately that is the only one I know of. I am sure more will be released soon!

IS here and still no II from here. Come on UConn, show me some love.

What does the interview day consist of?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From invite email:

The interview day begins at 9:00 am and usually runs until approximately 3:00pm. It will consist of an orientation session, financial aid information, two one-on-one interviews, a tour of the building and lunch with currently enrolled students.

I got a "reminder" to submit my secondary application, but no secondary application invite or username and password. Searched my spam too. Anyone else have this problem?

Waiting for that IS love

Has anyone else gotten interviews from UCONN in the past week or heard of IIs being sent out this week? Just curious since there hasn't been much activity on this thread.

Received II via personal email. Portal doesn't reflect this recent communication. Nevertheless, ecstatic to be interviewing at my top choice!

II today! In-state, ORM, complete 8/13 (first school I submitted!) Anyone know what the interview format for this school is? (Traditional, MMI, group interview, etc) and what the post interview acceptance is approximately?

Edit: After doing a quick online search, I think the post-interview rate is around 50-60%, and the interview format is two one-on-one traditional (open file) interviews, one with a faculty and one with a student. I'm not sure why it says group interview is part of the process on MSAR... maybe it's referring to a group activity? Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong !

Last edited:
II today! In-state, ORM, complete 8/13 (first school I submitted!) Anyone know what the interview format for this school is? (Traditional, MMI, group interview, etc) and what the post interview acceptance is approximately?

Edit: After doing a quick online search, I think the post-interview rate is around 50-60%, and the interview format is two one-on-one traditional (open file) interviews, one with a faculty and one with a student. I'm not sure why it says group interview is part of the process on MSAR... maybe it's referring to a group activity? Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong !

Dr. Regan (the dean of admissions) sits down with each group together and asks some easy, get-to-know-you questions. There’s also a brief mock TBL session exercise. Maybe that’s what they meant?

Hi all! Congrats to everyone with IIs! I’m a current first-year; I can answer questions about the admissions process and my experiences so far. (Also, I found the SDN interview feedback section to be a great resource about this interview.)

Dr. Regan (the dean of admissions) sits down with each group together and asks some easy, get-to-know-you questions. There’s also a brief mock TBL session exercise. Maybe that’s what they meant?

Hi all! Congrats to everyone with IIs! I’m a current first-year; I can answer questions about the admissions process and my experiences so far. (Also, I found the SDN interview feedback section to be a great resource about this interview.)

Can confirm that it is a group activity, not really an interview.