2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that hasn't had their portal updated at all...do you think we should expect a decision on Monday? Not sure what it means to not hear anything today.
Still at ' forwarded...', hope to hear soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that hasn't had their portal updated at all...do you think we should expect a decision on Monday? Not sure what it means to not hear anything today.

If I remember correctly from my interview, they said they input decisions one at a time by hand? And so it takes a while. It also seems like they're going in order of interview dates (maybe)? I'm hanging in there till Monday

Members don't see this ad :)
Have people had last names near end of alphabet or beginning?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Would anybody be willing to tell me about the interview? It's my first one and would love to go here. I would really appreciate the feedback

Would anybody be willing to tell me about the interview? It's my first one and would love to go here. I would really appreciate the feedback

It's pretty laid back, two faculty interviews and one student interview is what I had. Come prepared to talk about yourself, have knowledge about medicine, be able to think critically, and you should be fine (nothing out of the extraordinary tbh).

It's pretty laid back, two faculty interviews and one student interview is what I had. Come prepared to talk about yourself, have knowledge about medicine, be able to think critically, and you should be fine (nothing out of the extraordinary tbh).
Thank you sooo much. What's the attire for most men?

How long do we usually wait for the email after the status updates on the portal?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted on the portal! Interviewed mid September

Safe to assume the committee is done for today? Have a good weekend!

Reactions: 2 users
So they said that Monday they would continue to update portals... are they doing it like last time where everyone who was accepted already found out on Friday?

I interviewed in August and love this school so this is torture

Members don't see this ad :)
So they said that Monday they would continue to update portals... are they doing it like last time where everyone who was accepted already found out on Friday?

I hope not. Are you still at 'forwarded. ' status?

In state, application complete mid august and still forwarded to the admissions committee. no interview invite, rejection or update. Anyone else in the same boat?
yes

Still the forwarded to adcom status :/ Really like this school and hope I can get in

i’m in the same boat... hoping to hear back monday!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Email and portal updated at around ~5pm CST. So grateful for this acceptance email!! Traveling and just saw it after I woke up. Best of luck and I hope those who haven't heard back get good news soon!

Does anyone have this status? "A final decision was made on your application on . If you have not received email communication regarding the outcome please email the Office of Medical College Admissions: [email protected]" I used to be at the "under consideration by screening committee." Not sure if this is a bad thing because I haven't received any e-mails from UIC. Did those of you who got II have a different status in your portals at the time of your II?

Has anyone been accepted from deferred status?
Any current students on here who can speak on this? Pretty bummed I got deferred, I absolutely love this school. Hopefully sending updates and showing continued interest will help us :/

Any current students on here who can speak on this? Pretty bummed I got deferred, I absolutely love this school. Hopefully sending updates and showing continued interest will help us :/

Someone earlier in the post had said that they knew someone who attended the school who had originally been deferred. All I remember is at my interview they said more students would be deferred because they couldn’t see who was holding an acceptance but that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t come off and to not worry too much about it. Who knows if it’s true tho

Anyone know if any more interviews are going to go out for this school? I’m IS with the schools median stats and this is my top choice so I would love a chance to interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed in September. Accepted yesterday as well.

Are we thinking that more acceptances will come out Monday?

I interviewed in September and was neither deferred nor accepted yesterday. Or does it mean that they only have the rejections left to send out for Monday?

Has anyone who has been accepted NOT receive an email? My portal status changed to "Congratulations on acceptance..." but I never received an email.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted and best of luck to everyone else!

Has anyone who has been accepted NOT receive an email? My portal status changed to "Congratulations on acceptance..." but I never received an email.

+1 I will call Tuesday if I don’t receive an actual email on Monday.

+2

Getting the impostor syndrome creeping up while I am trying to digest this acceptance :)

Anyone know if any more interviews are going to go out for this school? I’m IS with the schools median stats and this is my top choice so I would love a chance to interview.

I’m instate as well and just got an interview here on Friday. There were multiple dates so I think they’re still sending them!

I’m instate as well and just got an interview here on Friday. There were multiple dates so I think they’re still sending them!

Was your interview invite on your portal?

Interviewed in September and still haven’t heard anything. Out of curiosity has anyone here who interviewed for IMED received their decision yet?

Interviewed in September and still haven’t heard anything. Out of curiosity has anyone here who interviewed for IMED received their decision yet?
Were you able to apply/interview for the program without receiving an acceptance?

Were you able to apply/interview for the program without receiving an acceptance?

Yes you are able to apply to any of their programs before being accepted! If you had already interviewed previously, however, it will require a second program-specific interview.

To those who have been accepted, do you know when we will hear about the campus placement?

Has anyone seen any status updates today? Either deferred or accepted?

Yeah, I got accepted on the portal and still no email. I was able to submit campus preference and everything on portal too.

I called this morning and was told that my application has been deferred to the next committee meeting on February 7. But the deferred status does not appear on my portal. So if you haven't heard anything post-II, you might be in the same situation.

I called this morning and was told that my application has been deferred to the next committee meeting on February 7. But the deferred status does not appear on my portal. So if you haven't heard anything post-II, you might be in the same situation.

Did admissions say they were done sending out the acceptances for this month?

Wait so no one has seen a portal update today, only getting this info from calling? Mine is still in the forwarded state...

Wait so no one has seen a portal update today, only getting this info from calling? Mine is still in the forwarded state...
I also just called. If you've been rejected, it was sent out. If you're still on "forwarded", you've been deferred.

Reactions: 4 users
I also just called. If you've been rejected, it was sent out. If you're still on "forwarded", you've been deferred.
Thanks. Confused as to why some people get the deferred status change and others don't but oh well..

If deferred, do you think it would be worthwhile to send a LOI to Illinois? The thing is I am OOS, so would need Chicago placement and the tuition lowered to around 65k (which I heard Illinois does frequently). So I am unsure if i should send a LOI with those conditions in mind.