2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are the odds on friday? Any thoughts lol
I'm not holding my breath. After two 3-week delays...well, they say bad things come in 3's.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What are the odds on friday? Any thoughts lol

I think we’ll hear back on Friday or the following Monday. Ms. Amiri informed me that after Feb. 7th, the next adcom meeting is on 3/21 with second look being on 3/29. She also said that if your file is not reviewed in the 2/7 meeting, it’ll be pushed to the 3/21 meeting. But they’re going to try to review everyone that has interviewed and waiting to hear back on the 2/7 meeting

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all, I'm curious, does UIC have a preference for those who attended UIC for undergrad?
I went there for undergrad! If they do, they hide it well :lol:

I submitted my secondary fairly early and didn't get an interview till Dec and I'm still waiting to hear back. But I'm thankful I've made it this far! And trying to keep some hope at this point

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!!! Only dates available are 2/11 and 2/26

Reactions: 7 users
I think we’ll hear back on Friday or the following Monday. Ms. Amiri informed me that after Feb. 7th, the next adcom meeting is on 3/21 with second look being on 3/29. She also said that if your file is not reviewed in the 2/7 meeting, it’ll be pushed to the 3/21 meeting. But they’re going to try to review everyone that has interviewed and waiting to hear back on the 2/7 meeting

When you say they are going to try and review everyone, does that include people who were deferred?

Anyone from the Jan. acceptees get a campus assignment? Or have any idea on a timeline for when we can hear back?

I know this has been a point of controversy on this sub, but is there a usual time frame on post-interview decisions?

II just now! The only spot available was February 15 in Peoria (my hometown!)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the Jan. acceptees get a campus assignment? Or have any idea on a timeline for when we can hear back?

Same - Haven't heard back either. I emailed them last week and they said they are trying to update all by this week.

Ugh. I Interviewed in SEPTEMBER and still have not gotten any decision (not even an official defferal).

The emotional/mental drain of waiting to find out where I will spend the next 4 years of my life has been crushing.

I cannot help but feel incredibly angry/sad at how admissions has handled this. My SO asks me every few days if the portal has updated and I have to tell them that I still don't know if/where to they will be expected to uproot their life/career in approximately six months so that I can take out over a quarter of a million dollars in loans.

It just feels like admissions has been so flippant with our lives. :(

Reactions: 5 users
Ugh. I Interviewed in SEPTEMBER and still have not gotten any decision (not even an official defferal).

The emotional/mental drain of waiting to find out where I will spend the next 4 years of my life has been crushing.

I cannot help but feel incredibly angry/sad at how admissions has handled this. My SO asks me every few days if the portal has updated and I have to tell them that I still don't know if/where to they will be expected to uproot their life/career in approximately six months so that I can take out over a quarter of a million dollars in loans.

It’s even worse when schools tell you you’ll hear back by a certain date or time frame and completely ignore that estimate by months. I suppose us applicants are at the mercy of adcoms until you start getting As

Reactions: 4 users

I also interviewed in September and still have not heard back. Hopefully we hear some news today!

Hi all - I had a few questions regarding the different campuses?
1) Do they all have the same curriculum (pre-clinical courses, clerkships, etc)
2) What are the main differences between the Peoria and the Rockford campuses? I am not really familiar with either of those two locations, as my interview was in the Chicago campus.

Praying that they send campus assignments today so I can stop fidgeting here like a maniac (jk, but i really need to know soon UICOM!)

Hi all - I had a few questions regarding the different campuses?
1) Do they all have the same curriculum (pre-clinical courses, clerkships, etc)
2) What are the main differences between the Peoria and the Rockford campuses? I am not really familiar with either of those two locations, as my interview was in the Chicago campus.
Yes, they do all have the same curriculum. They all take the same tests on the same day at each campus.

As far as differences between Rockford and Peoria, I know that the rural medicine track is only offered in Rockford. Also, I know that Peoria has a state-of-the-art facility that you'd get to train at if placed there. Beyond that, I don't believe there aren't a ton of huge differences. They are cities of about the same size and have similar number and quality of healthcare systems. The number of students placed at Rockford and Peoria is the same.

Source: am from Rockford and interviewed in Rockford.

I was told by the office of admissions that the next adcom meeting would be 2/14 with decisions released on 2/15! Not positive that they met yesterday.

I was told by the office of admissions that the next adcom meeting would be 2/14 with decisions released on 2/15! Not positive that they met yesterday.

I was told adcom meeting was 2/7... getting frustrated with all these discrepancies throughout this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
They definitely were scheduled to meet yesterday. I have an email telling me that ahead of time and a phone call today verifying. But the Director of Admissions is out of the office today so we will see.

Last edited:
I was told adcom meeting was 2/7... getting frustrated with all these discrepancies throughout this cycle.
Yes... I interviewed in October and was told that Dec. would be admission decision. Hopefully we hear back today.

It could be possible that they have scheduled an extra meeting next week so they can review everyone before March 15th. This is a long and dreadful process but regardless, there’s nothing that we can do but wait until 5 pm before jumping to any conclusions

Reactions: 2 users
i interviewed this week and i think they said the feb committee meeting was 2/14. i know they said for people interviewing at this point they won't hear until after the march 21 committee meeting -_-

Can somebody other than me please call and ask, since I've already called today? (312) 996-5635 press 0

Last edited:
I interviewed super recently and they definitely said there was a committee meeting on 2/7, and that that was the earliest anyone from my group would hear back. Idk if it has changed since, or if the committee only decided on who to send IIs to yesterday...

It could be possible that they have scheduled an extra meeting next week so they can review everyone before March 15th. This is a long and dreadful process but regardless, there’s nothing that we can do but wait until 5 pm before jumping to any conclusions

I agree. Last I called I was also told there was a meeting scheduled for 2/7, with decisions rolling out 2/8

Reactions: 2 users
OK 1 MORE HOUR OF HELL RIGHT? WE CAN POWER THROUGH...RIGHT...

If I got $1 for every time I checked my portal..... I could pay for all my flights and app fees.

Reactions: 6 users
Not to add to the confusion, but...

I interviewed this week and they said that they would have the next meeting on Feb 14th, but that they are going through a lot of applications and wouldn't expect to get to our cohort of the recent interviewee applications until the next meeting on March 12th.

They also said that, due to the new trafficking rules, combined with the fact that they overfilled last years class, that they are being more conservative and have only send out roughly half of the acceptances compared to the amount they sent out this time last year. Overall I felt they were pretty transparent with their more conservative outlook, unfortunately it just means that everyone needs to hold tight and wait.

Just called, they said the adcoms did meet yesterday and that they have started inputting decisions today and may continue entering decisions on monday and tuesday. they said if it has been a while since you interviewed and you do not hear back between today and tuesday that you may call to check on the status of your app.

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted yesterday, finally... I believe the committee is putting decisions until Monday, so I wish all the best to all of you!

For current students or anyone who might know the answer:
What would be the pros and cons of Rockford and Peoria campus? Thank you in advance!

Never before have I been so upset at receiving the constant affirmation that my application has, indeed, been forwarded to the admissions committee.

Accepted yesterday, finally... I believe the committee is putting decisions until Monday, so I wish all the best to all of you!

For current students or anyone who might know the answer:
What would be the pros and cons of Rockford and Peoria campus? Thank you in advance!

Congrats! Can I ask when you interviewed?

I know that Rockford specializes in Rural Medicine, while Peoria has a new simulation lab that they seem pretty excited about. Peoria also has a children's hospital, I believe. Others will probably be able to fill in gaps in my knowledge

Congrats! Can I ask when you interviewed?

I know that Rockford specializes in Rural Medicine, while Peoria has a new simulation lab that they seem pretty excited about. Peoria also has a children's hospital, I believe. Others will probably be able to fill in gaps in my knowledge

Thank you! I interviewed on October 22nd.

Congratulations!! When did you actually hear back - last night? Portal v email?

I first received an email at 3:00 PM (PTZ) yesterday. And the portal was updated as well when I checked.

I first received an email at 3:00 PM (PTZ) yesterday. And the portal was updated as well when I checked.
I thought the committee met in the evening. Got it, thanks. Congrats again!

I was also accepted today when I checked as well. First one of the cycle! I interviewed all the way back in September. Glad they didn't forget about me!

No email, weirdly enough. It just told me on portal I was accepted and asked me to pick my campus preference.

Curious about the differences between Rockford and Peoria. My first choice (like many others, I'm sure) was Chicago, so I wasn't sure which I should go with for second pick. Went with Peoria since it seemed like it had a nicer campus and because I'm not particularly interested in rural medicine.

EDIT:

lol as I was typing this post I got the email, so there you go

Congratulations!!

Is there information on when deferred applicants will receive updates?

I was also accepted today when I checked as well. First one of the cycle! I interviewed all the way back in September. Glad they didn't forget about me!

No email, weirdly enough. It just told me on portal I was accepted and asked me to pick my campus preference.

Curious about the differences between Rockford and Peoria. My first choice (like many others, I'm sure) was Chicago, so I wasn't sure which I should go with for second pick. Went with Peoria since it seemed like it had a nicer campus and because I'm not particularly interested in rural medicine.

EDIT:

lol as I was typing this post I got the email, so there you go
When did you check your portal?