2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last interviews are today. There are two adcom meetings in March. One during the first week and one during the second week. They have filled approx. 200/300 seats and are looking to have a full class by 2nd look which is the last Friday in March @ all campuses.
200 acceptances or filed as in attending for sure ?

200 acceptances or filed as in attending for sure ?

I hadn’t heard this information but I would lean toward thinking they meant 200 acceptances. It seems unlikely that they would have so many “confirmed” before March, as you do not have to decide until April 30th and many applicants are still waiting on decisions from multiple schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I meant that they have sent out 200 acceptances. I interviewed on Tuesday and they gave out a lot of detailed information

Reactions: 1 user
only 200 acceptances so far? Pretty sure last year they gave out 560 acceptances (413 in state). Looks like they've got a long way to go

Any other details? Do you have any idea how competitive the campus special programs are?

It depends on the program. I believe that they said UMED was the most competitive with around 100 applicants. Then again, this probably included a large subset of people who applied, but ultimately matriculated elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out that I am accepted. Not sure when did the status change, I am pretty sure its sometime today, cause I did not see the status change yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
I just found out that I am accepted. Not sure when did the status change, I am pretty sure its sometime today, cause I did not see the status change yesterday.
congrats!!! when did you interview?

Congrats to all the accepted students! Does anyone know when are we supposed to submit proof of graduation and immunization records?
Also, how long doesnit take from being accepted to discovering which campus a student is put in (Chicago, Rockford, Peoria)?

got the email two hours ago!! so freaking stoked, i can't believe it! thank you fellow sdn-ers for keeping me partly sane through the process, and i wish you all the best :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the accepted students! Does anyone know when are we supposed to submit proof of graduation and immunization records?
Also, how long doesnit take from being accepted to discovering which campus a student is put in (Chicago, Rockford, Peoria)?

It took me around a month to find out!

Congrats!!

I am not yet sure how to upload those.

Has anyone received an acceptance packet in the mail? Only thing I have received is an email saying congratulations. I am wondering if I should be getting started on accepted students documents?

I received my acceptance packet (letter) about 5-6 weeks after getting accepted. It is a 1-page letter and does not contain any additional info.

Are admission decisions going out for the rest of this week like last time? Or is it over...

Are admission decisions going out for the rest of this week like last time? Or is it over...

They have to get to a full class size (300) by March 15th and apparently have another meeting on March 7th. The latest news seems to indicate they've accepted a little more than 200 so I would expect some more acceptances in the next couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi, current med student here. Last year around this time in March (about a month before Second Look Day), I received an email from the admissions office with immunization requirements and instructions for setting up a Castle Branch account, which is the platform for uploading immunization records and other requirements that will be done during Orientation. About a couple months later, I received more pre-matriculation emails from admissions regarding additional tasks like getting a fingerprint background check and submitting my final undergraduate transcript.

I have included a list of potential deadlines below for everyone's reference. Please note that they are educated guesses based on last year.
Immunizations: 6/1/19
Fingerprinting Background Check: 7/19/19
Proof of Graduation: was not specified but I'm guessing before Orientation in August.

If you are unable to complete any of these before their deadlines, you will need to contact the appropriate individual(s) as indicated in the emails you will soon receive. I know a lot of classmates who were still finalizing immunizations at the beginning of the school year due to the need for repeat testing, so don't feel pressured if you absolutely can't get the initial round of titers done before the deadline.

I hope this helps, and congrats to all of you! We look forward to seeing you this fall.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when UMED will send an email about interviewing for the program?

We still feeling that 86% post-interview acceptance rate? This process hasn't been as applicant-kind as the numbers from last year imply.

We still feeling that 86% post-interview acceptance rate? This process hasn't been as applicant-kind as the numbers from last year imply.
They told us they accepted too many ppl last year, so I'm betting the post-ii acceptance rate will be at least a little lower this year.

I don't know what I'll do if I don't get in this round; I don't have any other options, and I'm just so sad and tired.

Reactions: 5 users
The fact that I've been "under consideration by the screening committee" for over 6 months now makes me feel like someone took one look at my app and then dropped it behind the fridge and forgot about it.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when UMED will send an email about interviewing for the program?
I was also curious about this. I know that they said we’d hear back shortly after the March 1st deadline, but I can’t help but wonder if this timeline will be complicated by the fact that many people might have applied to UMED before receiving an actual acceptance...also wondering if interviews will still be held during second look.

So is the committee meeting today? Does anyone know? I thought they were meeting this week and next? But apparently they met last week?

I just called and apparently they are not meeting today, according to the person who answered the phone. She said that it probably wouldn't be until mid-late March, since Leila isn't in today... Not sure if that information is correct or not. Very frustrating.
Wow

I once had a dream where I was 40 years old and still checking UIC's portal for a decision only to see "Your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee" for the 1,000,000th time

Reactions: 7 users
I know that UIC COM is visiting the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign today and Leila is the scheduled speaker. So yeah she isn't there today :( but I am not sure what that means for the meeting.

Just called again. They're not meeting until 3/21.

Just called again. They're not meeting until 3/21.
If they aren't meeting until then, if we get accepted, we literally have no time to schedule flights and stuff for second look....

Checked my portal today and was accepted!!! Interviewed early Feb, LM 69. I have not yet got an email or any other indication about acceptance, other than the portal.

For those accepted recently, how long has campus assignment been taking?

Reactions: 3 users
Checked my portal today and was accepted!!! Interviewed early Feb, LM 69. I have not yet got an email or any other indication about acceptance, other than the portal.

wow congrats i am super jealous!! also intervierwed early feb. did you check yesterday and it was not updated? wondering if it changed today

also was it "under review by admissions committee" or "forwarded to admissions comm" before this??

There are a ton of people who aren’t on SDN that got accepted on Friday. I’m pretty sure they’ve met their 300 mark, if not exceeded it.
what does this mean for those of us who interviewed like 4+ months ago who still haven't heard anything?

what does this mean for those of us who interviewed like 4+ months ago who still haven't heard anything?

It’s anybody’s guess tbh, as I’ve seen September interviewees post about acceptances in February. With that being said, I would think people will start formally getting waitlisted after the 3/21 meeting.

Personally, if they’re REALLY trying to focus on correcting their yield, I would anticipate more waiting and maybe a higher than usual number of acceptances to come after April 30th. That may be expedited as individuals with multiple offers receive aid packages and accordingly withdraw, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone from the 11/29 interview date hear back? Or anyone who interviewed for a spot in the SPP hear back yet?

When is second look? If many people are getting accepted after second look are they just assuming those people aren’t going to it?

Are we really all slated to be waitlisted/rejected? I feel like there haven't been that many reports of people getting in on here considering that they have such a big class and have to make a lot of offers

Are we really all slated to be waitlisted/rejected? I feel like there haven't been that many reports of people getting in on here considering that they have such a big class and have to make a lot of offers

No, I wouldn’t think that for everybody. I’d just assume you’re still actively being considered for acceptance unless told otherwise.

This is just... Lord have mercy.
I'm eternally grateful I have another school to fall back on but I was really excited at the prospect of staying in Chicago.
I would anticipate more waiting and maybe a higher than usual number of acceptances to come after April 30th
Since we're required to commit by April 30, how do acceptances afterward work?? Could I still potentially switch to UIC?

This is just... Lord have mercy.
I'm eternally grateful I have another school to fall back on but I was really excited at the prospect of staying in Chicago.

Since we're required to commit by April 30, how do acceptances afterward work?? Could I still potentially switch to UIC?

As far as I know, if you were theoretically on a waitlist at UIC and accepted to school X but then got accepted to UIC after April 30th, yes you can switch schools.

not sure when it was posted, but i got accepted last friday and checked today and it was posted already.

Can anyone confirm or post a link that UIC is "true" P/F as opposed to ranked P/F. I'm under the impression that true P/F means that there is no internal ranking. Thanks :)

Can anyone confirm or post a link that UIC is "true" P/F as opposed to ranked P/F. I'm under the impression that true P/F means that there is no internal ranking. Thanks :)
During my interview the students seemed to imply that there was an internal ranking.