pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Did you check Friday? (AKA did this update come out today or is it possible you just missed it on Friday?)
I don't recall honestly, haha. I'd given up on checking as frequently. I know I did check earlier in the week.

pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
How long on average does campus assignment take? Keeping fingers crossed for Chicago as it's close to home.

Reactions: VikMed1790
Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
How long on average does campus assignment take? Keeping fingers crossed for Chicago as it's close to home.

So I found out about 10 days after my acceptance, but I had to contact admissions so that my portal would reflect my campus.

pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
So I found out about 10 days after my acceptance, but I had to contact admissions so that my portal would reflect my campus.
Great, thanks! And I'm guessing there's nothing I should be doing since you have to wait for campus assignment before doing castlebranch, right?

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Great, thanks! And I'm guessing there's nothing I should be doing since you have to wait for campus assignment before doing castlebranch, right?
Correct! You could setup your fingerprinting to do the background check in the meantime. Also, check and make sure that you have all your vaccines, including titers for Hep B, Varicella, and MMR (per Castle Branch).

pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
Correct! You could setup your fingerprinting to do the background check in the meantime. Also, check and make sure that you have all your vaccines, including titers for Hep B, Varicella, and MMR (per Castle Branch).
Thanks! All set with titers.

HausEmDee

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
This was probably answered before - but does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back regarding campus assignment. Additionally, how long after receiving an acceptance do they contact you about scholarships/financial aid offers?

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
This was probably answered before - but does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back regarding campus assignment. Additionally, how long after receiving an acceptance do they contact you about scholarships/financial aid offers?
N = 1 but I was accepted Friday night and had my campus assignment by Monday morning. I haven’t received a financial aid package yet so not sure how long that will be

HausEmDee

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you! Do we need to submit immunization record and proof of graduation prior to receiving campus placement?

Apr 1, 2019
Got placed in Rockford my third choice... though I’m interviewing for UMED this week so hopefully I get a chance to be in Chicago.. but if not, any insights on the campus at Rockford? I’m from Peoria originally so I figured if not Chicago they would probably end up placing me there, but who knows what happened lol

Apr 1, 2019
Got placed in Rockford my third choice... though I’m interviewing for UMED this week so hopefully I get a chance to be in Chicago.. but if not, any insights on the campus at Rockford? I’m from Peoria originally so I figured if not Chicago they would probably end up placing me there, but who knows what happened lol
Also I’m pretty sure my chances of appealing for new location are slim to none being that I got in two weeks ago.

HausEmDee

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone received financial aid package from UIC? Do they provide any type of scholarships to students or is it all loans?

Jul 30, 2018
Status
Has anyone received financial aid package from UIC? Do they provide any type of scholarships to students or is it all loans?
I have received email regarding scholarship last month but haven’t received actual finaid package in the mail yet.

I was also wondering if there are any actions I should be taking besides FAFSA since I haven’t received any specific directions yet. I’m not sure if I should be starting on my studentloans app or not.

Jul 5, 2018
Accepted earlier this week, does anyone know if Chicago campus is full? Would prefer to be there. Also how long does it take to get campus preference? 2 weeks?

Mar 5, 2019
For those who are accepted, did status pages always update to "deferred" before acceptance or anyone go straight from "forwarded to admissions" to accepted?

Apr 1, 2019
Accepted earlier this week, does anyone know if Chicago campus is full? Would prefer to be there. Also how long does it take to get campus preference? 2 weeks?
I was reassigned to Chicago because of UMED! I know a few people who were accepted late that got into Chicago without being in a longitudinal program.

Reactions: 1e4

BasedKahuna

5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a page with more information on acceptance procedures? I was accepted last week and have my campus placement already but haven’t recieved an email with more detailed information on immunizations, proof of graduation, etc.

Apr 1, 2019
Is there a page with more information on acceptance procedures? I was accepted last week and have my campus placement already but haven’t recieved an email with more detailed information on immunizations, proof of graduation, etc.
They’ll send you an email with all that stuff shortly!

Sep 27, 2017
Status
So with the last committee meeting supposedly being today, hopefully this will be the last day of "forwarded to the admissions committee" purgatory.
I hope so too. But won’t hold my breath for this since having an expectation hurts

Reactions: 1e4
Jan 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted tonight. Out of habit, neuroticism, or just plain randomness I decided to check at 9:45 pm and the dreadful, even sickening status of “your application has been forwarded to the admission committee” finally changed to “congratulations...”. Can’t even explain in words the feeling that came with reading that word.

First acceptance of the cycle. Everyone that’s still in limbo, all I can say is to continue to have hope. I interviewed on September 17th, and my status didn’t change in the past 8 months until today. Not by 5pm, not even at 8pm, but at 9:45 it finally did and that’s all that matters. Keep your head up!

1e4

Apr 8, 2018
Accepted tonight. Out of habit, neuroticism, or just plain randomness I decided to check at 9:45 pm and the dreadful, even sickening status of “your application has been forwarded to the admission committee” finally changed to “congratulations...”. Can’t even explain in words the feeling that came with reading that word.

First acceptance of the cycle. Everyone that’s still in limbo, all I can say is to continue to have hope. I interviewed on September 17th, and my status didn’t change in the past 8 months until today. Not by 5pm, not even at 8pm, but at 9:45 it finally did and that’s all that matters. Keep your head up!
Feels like you got the last acceptance of them all, honestly.

Aug 13, 2018
Has anyone received the Dean's Scholarships? Is it something that we apply for after we are actually enrolled to the school?

The out-of-state tuition for UIC is crazy... :/

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student

Congratulations!! We must have met on interview day :)

Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
It only took 1 week for me.

I think we have to slightly reframe our concept of campuses being "full," since UIC says they're only accepting as many seats as they have anyway. So it seems like as people drop seats, the next person to be accepted roughly goes into the same campus that that person dropped from (assuming it's one of your two choices).

I appealed my campus placement, and the director said they'd be considering appeals as seats become available. Since the commit to enroll date isn't until July 1st (right?), it seems like they anticipate having a real waitlist soon, but hopefully will do campus appeals before placing people on the waitlist in a campus.

Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Am I missing something or does the pre-matriculation email and immunization compliance document not explain where to upload proof of immunizations? The other school I did immunizations for had a whole form that my doctor filled out and signed too.

pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
Am I missing something or does the pre-matriculation email and immunization compliance document not explain where to upload proof of immunizations? The other school I did immunizations for had a whole form that my doctor filled out and signed too.
The email has an attachment for castlebranch - that's where you upload proof of immunization after placing an order for the campus you are assigned to. PM me if you have any questions.

Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
The email has an attachment for castlebranch - that's where you upload proof of immunization after placing an order for the campus you are assigned to. PM me if you have any questions.
Ohhhhhh, I'm dumb. Thanks.

1e4

Apr 8, 2018
Has anyone ventured a call recently?
Also called. Absolutely nothing. "These is no final decision on your app right now." "Am I on the waitlist?" "I don't know." "Is there a waitlist?" "Can't say." "Are decisions still coming out?" "There may be a few decisions still being given out." "What should I do now?" "Keep checking your portal."