Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I was accepted to UMED two weeks ago and I just got an email from Leila saying that the Chicago campus is full, but that she’d keep me updated on my assignment... I’m not sure what to think in this case since the UMED program is in Chicago so all seminars, community partnerships, etc are there. It doesn’t seem like I could fully participate in the program if I’m not there. Has this happened to anybody else in a longitudinal program lol?

I guess I just assumed that a number of spots in Chicago were reserved for UMED, so I’m actually shocked to hear this from Leila.

May 20, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey everyone! I wanted to see if there is a Facebook page for accepted students! Would really love to meet the rest of the class! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and to those waiting goodluck!!

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hey everyone! I wanted to see if there is a Facebook page for accepted students! Would really love to meet the rest of the class! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and to those waiting goodluck!!
Yes there is!

Search “University of Illinois College of Medicine - Class of 2023”

BasedKahuna

5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone who was accepted on or after May 6th received any information regarding financial aid? I called last week and they said that they were still working on getting that information to the people in that particular batch of acceptances, but I still haven’t heard anything.

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Has anyone who was accepted on or after May 6th received any information regarding financial aid? I called last week and they said that they were still working on getting that information to the people in that particular batch of acceptances, but I still haven’t heard anything.
I received it a couple weeks ago

Reactions: Vexpo08
Jul 30, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I was notified via email about scholarship in April, but my student portal financial aid status does not have the scholarship amount included. Anyone else who's in a situation like mine?

Dec 5, 2018
Did anyone who had to submit additional documentation for financial aid, like the data retrieval review, submit the required documents and not heard anything back yet? I was accepted a long time ago and submitted the additional requirements for financial aid, but it says received, not reviewed. I don't want to email them again and pester them, but I'm also really anxious to get started figuring out this loan stuff.

Reactions: VikMed1790
Jun 19, 2018
Did anyone who had to submit additional documentation for financial aid, like the data retrieval review, submit the required documents and not heard anything back yet? I was accepted a long time ago and submitted the additional requirements for financial aid, but it says received, not reviewed. I don't want to email them again and pester them, but I'm also really anxious to get started figuring out this loan stuff.
Hey, I got plenty of help from the thread so its about time I participate.

I would give them a call rather than an email so you know your concerns were heard, who heard them, and when you can expect to hear back/should call back. Just start your call with your name and that you are part of the incoming class. Since being accepted I have called the admissions and financial aid offices more than a few times to confirm prematriculation materials were received and to set up my GI Bill; they are much more helpful once you have been accepted. It's enough calls that it should probably be bugging them but they seem to be thrilled that it's being taken care of early rather than in a massive rush by half the incoming class a week before orientation.

Reactions: VikMed1790