2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The school provides health insurance right? I ask because the CastleBranch checklist asks for proof of health insurance, but I was hoping to be on school insurance.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a limit to the amount of guests you can have at White coat for chicago campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
The school provides health insurance right? I ask because the CastleBranch checklist asks for proof of health insurance, but I was hoping to be on school insurance.

UIC has "Campus Care" that it looks like we're eligible for, but it's unclear to me if we need to sign up separately or if they sign you up if you don't provide proof of insurance.

Does anyone know where we are supposed to send immunizations records?

UIC has "Campus Care" that it looks like we're eligible for, but it's unclear to me if we need to sign up separately or if they sign you up if you don't provide proof of insurance.

So I think health insurance is included in the “mandatory fees” part of tuition which is why it’s so high. That being said, I think if you demonstrate equivalent coverage you can also have the insurance fees waived so you’re not paying for it

Do I need to email someone to get accepted into the fb page?? Just got accepted last week

Anyone else not receiving an email when you type your AMCAS ID in the box to get your password sent to you? Obviously the email I gave them is right since thats how I got the secondary invite in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
just checked my portal after giving up on this school months ago - i’m still haunted by “your application is on deferred status and will be considered at the next admissions committee”

the admissions committee here is a bad joke.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all just got off the waitlist. Can anyone help me out with information please. Kinda of behind..

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have info on # of OOS matriculants that recieve the in state tuition scholarship?

What is the deadline for site preference submissions (I didn't see a date on the acceptance offer letter)? I think I need more time to decide. Is there priority if I submit my preference earlier?

What is the deadline for site preference submissions (I didn't see a date on the acceptance offer letter)? I think I need more time to decide. Is there priority if I submit my preference earlier?
You’re on the wrong year school forum, but yes submit earlier rather than later. No specific deadline that I know of, but logically speaking if people are being placed in Chicago/locations already then it’s probably gonna fill up sooner than later. Unless you’re deciding between Peoria/Rockford then I don’t know about those locations

Current Peoria M1 here. Based on available opportunities I’d recommend most everyone chooses Chicago #1 and Peoria #2. There are exceptions (i.e. if you want to eventually practice primary care in rural settings or just don’t like big cities) but again I think this is the best way to do it for most students. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Also to answer your question, I’m not sure there is a deadline but it’s in your best interest to do it as soon as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Peoria M1 here. Based on available opportunities I’d recommend most everyone chooses Chicago #1 and Peoria #2. There are exceptions (i.e. if you want to eventually practice primary care in rural settings or just don’t like big cities) but again I think this is the best way to do it for most students. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Also to answer your question, I’m not sure there is a deadline but it’s in your best interest to do it as soon as possible

Im curious, why Peoria over Rockford as #2? I’d assume Rockford would be more popular since it’s closer to Chicago and is a little bigger.

Im curious, why Peoria over Rockford as #2? I’d assume Rockford would be more popular since it’s closer to Chicago and is a little bigger.

Peoria has better research opportunities, is affiliated with academic hospitals, and offers a large number of residencies through the main hospital affiliate. Rockford does not have academic hospitals or offer a lot of residencies (just family med as far as I know).

Would any current students or applicants who have interviewed here be down to chat (preferably via phone call so that we don't end up DM-ing all day)? Even just a few minutes would be so helpful! This will be my first interview, and given that it is 1:1, MMI, and VITA combined, I'd really appreciate just being able to touch base with someone, generally speaking.