2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite here! So stoked!!! Definitely do not feel worthy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They don’t email you. It just says on your secondary portal that you’ve been scored in the place we’re it used to say you were under review
Okay sorry haha but does this mean I've been scored?

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March. "
Thanks man

Looks like I just got scored today. Hopefully some good news comes my way in the next few weeks

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

How long were your guy's descriptions for the list section? Im trying to keep it at 1-2 sentences.

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March. "
Thanks man
That’s what mine says. I’m assuming that means we’re scored

II!! UM alum
MD-MPH and MD.. complete 7/27 :) good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! For those with II's, they have you select multiple potential interview dates. How do you know which date will be the interview date? Do they email you to confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ye
Hi guys! For those with II's, they have you select multiple potential interview dates. How do you know which date will be the interview date? Do they email you to confirm?
Yeah, I got an email confirmation not too long after I put in my selections

I didn't get an email confirmation, but it says a specific day on the portal now that I submitted my ranking

Hey all...filling out Miami secondary now. For the pre req coursework, are you only filling out the required coursework in the boxes? For example, I took two semester of orgo but only one is required. Should I only fill that one semester in the boxes or include both?

Thx!

Congrats to all who just got interviews! Looking forward to seeing your eager/terrified faces on campus soon :p Happy to answer questions about travel for interviews if anyone has them, particularly for MD/MPH since that interview involves a day at the regional campus, which can be confusing to plan.

Submitted mid july, still not scored. Kind of upset considering how long the secondary took.

Submitted mid july, still not scored. Kind of upset considering how long the secondary took.

Feels bad man, but looking from past years threads it just takes awhile or we have already been scored but they forgot to update lol :eyebrow:

Hello everyone, currently doing the secondary. Quick question.. can you substitute gen bio grades with higher ones (cell bio,microbio,anatomy.) in the pre reqs section? is this allowed, and would it provide any benefit since they have access to all your grades anyway?

Also, there is an extra slot for every section, would it be advantageous to include any other classes weve taken besides the required ones?

What does this status mean? I was 'scored' about a week and a half to two weeks ago and my status changed to this -
"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."
?

What does this status mean? I was 'scored' about a week and a half to two weeks ago and my status changed to this -
"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."
?
People said above its an error with your status/glitch and it doesnt mean anything

Does anyone know if shadowing multiple doctors over a year counts toward the first question about "one clinical experience"

Does anyone know if shadowing multiple doctors over a year counts toward the first question about "one clinical experience"

If it was a part of a program (e.g. Atlantis Project), then I think that it would count. If they were separate shadowing appointments, I would not consider it one clinical experience.

Can someone help me understand how you know if you have been scored or not? What does it say?

Still not scored. If they aren't going to score me, can they at least send me a rejection now instead of at the end? Gosh, sometimes this process is just a complete enigma to me...

Does is specifically say scored? Or does that whole “your app has been reviewed” thing mean the same thing?

Thanks man

Looks like I just got scored today. Hopefully some good news comes my way in the next few weeks

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

That’s what mine says. I’m assuming that means we’re scored

Feels bad man, but looking from past years threads it just takes awhile or we have already been scored but they forgot to update lol :eyebrow:

?

Hey folks, try not to read too much into the scoring/wording thing. Some people don't get the "scored" message, some people get different "scored" messages, some people are scored quickly, some take longer, some get a II quickly and some don't get an II quickly (i.e., me).

You have to go through multiple reviewers who may or may not get to your app promptly and then it may not change your status when they do. Try not to read into it; it'll drive you crazy. I say this as someone who did try to read into it, so I get it.

You can probably use the bulk of shadowing as a way to show some sort of growth, but you should have something really specific that demonstrates attributes without spelling them out. The problem with shadowing is that it's passive; you don't take a situation into your own hands and that's the kind of attitude you want to demonstrate.

Reactions: 2 users
After that showing on the football field they should offer us all interviews

Reactions: 7 users
ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ADD DESCRIPTIONS TO THE CHRONOLOGICAL LISTS?

Also is there any way to retain indentations in the essays? Or are we not supposed worry about that? My essays are just one paragraph when i preview

For the chronological lists I hit the enter key after each item but when I preview the application it clumps it all together. Anyone else have this problem? It just looks horrible
Im having the same exact issues. no idea how to fix it..

Also is there any way to retain indentations in the essays? Or are we not supposed worry about that? My essays are just one paragraph when i preview
Mine looked like a blob of text in preview, but went to paragraph once submitted.

How about your Chronological listings?
All of my paragraph spaces showed up on mine when i submitted, so if you separate the list with the spaces, i'd hope it will show up for you as well.

I'm working on the secondary right now, and was wondering what the curriculum is at UMMSM? I see that it's not mandatory and lectures are recorded. So it is a mix of lectures, PBL, simulated patients, etc?

I'm working on the secondary right now, and was wondering what the curriculum is at UMMSM? I see that it's not mandatory and lectures are recorded. So it is a mix of lectures, PBL, simulated patients, etc?

Some lectures are mandatory, but not many. The majority of the curriculum is lectures and we have a week of PBL twice in the first year - December and March - and four times in the second year.

II just now! Complete sometime late July. Didn't take CASPer till August 8.

Does anyone know how the interview invites work? I selected my dates but typically, how soon do they respond and confirm a date?

II just now! LizzyM 70, URM, UM Alumni, IS.
That’s awesome, congrats. Interviews this early are great news. If anyone has any questions about the school or interview day PM me or reply to me on here. Happy to answer any questions.

TLDR: This school is dope you should come here

Reactions: 1 users