2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I find it funny how many people are stressed about being under review for two months. I have high-ish stats for this school and have been under review for almost 3 months. At this point, I don't even care if I get an II from this school. I'm obviously not good enough to have my application reviewed so I'm not gonna stress about receiving an II from UMiami unless hell freezes over.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I've realized through all this neurotic-ness that it doesn't matter who gets a score or an II or when the app was complete. Everyone's app is different, and just because someone else gets an invite and has the same LM or complete date as you doesn't mean that you will get an invite. We just gotta chill out and roll with it, and if a med school is smart enough to pick us then good, we deserved it the whole time :)
Easier said than done. We’re all a neurotic bunch whose lives revolve around this stuff

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interviewing in December for the MD and MD/MPH program. I'm having trouble finding more information about the interviews. Has anyone done the two day interviews already? How did you get from one campus to another and where did you stay? Did you rent a car? Appreciate any info! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing in December for the MD and MD/MPH program. I'm having trouble finding more information about the interviews. Has anyone done the two day interviews already? How did you get from one campus to another and where did you stay? Did you rent a car? Appreciate any info! Thanks.

Hi! I did the MD/MPH program. I would fill out the student host form (or email them or something) and you can find that through The Hub. I had two hosts, one in Miami and one in Palm Beach. With the money saved on hotels, I also got a rental car so I can drive up the night before because it ended up being cheaper than the Uber/Lyft back and forth.

Hi! I did the MD/MPH program. I would fill out the student host form (or email them or something) and you can find that through The Hub. I had two hosts, one in Miami and one in Palm Beach. With the money saved on hotels, I also got a rental car so I can drive up the night before because it ended up being cheaper than the Uber/Lyft back and forth.

Thanks! What time did the interview end on the second day?

Still not scored...submitted 7/29 ..Wondering if I should call?

FYI they do not score everyone. I would refrain from calling. And some people get scored but their status never changes
Wait really? We pay them money to submit apps and they don’t even look at them!?

Just got accepted!!!!!! This is surreal

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted!!!!!! This is surreal
Via email or phone? At my interview they said they would let people know around 5pm!

Also congrats!!! Extremely happy for you! Miami is an amazing school!

Wait really? We pay them money to submit apps and they don’t even look at them!?

Some people do not reach a specific cutoff to get scored by 3 people. This is the majority of ppl who don't have a "scored" status at the end of cycle. Some people actually did get scored but their portal didn't update. There's no way of knowing which one you are.

I interviewed September 21st and got a phone call around 11 AM today

Some people do not reach a specific cutoff to get scored by 3 people. This is the majority of ppl who don't have a "scored" status at the end of cycle. Some people actually did get scored but their portal didn't update. There's no way of knowing which one you are.

don't they pre-screen for secondaries though? Why would they pre-screen again those that completed secondary's without looking at them.

Aw man. Is there a certain cutoff date we’d hear back from them to gauge whether we’re worthy of being scored?

Wait... so if my status says my app has been reviewed, this doesn’t necessarily mean it has been scored?

So just wait and see?

FYI they do not score everyone. I would refrain from calling. And some people get scored but their status never changes
When you say they dont score everyone, do you mean that they look and decide that they will not being giving you an interview without scoring you?

Accepted yesterday for MD and MD/MPH!!! Interviewed 9/24 and 9/25

Still not scored. I submitted before 8/15 here. Is there a chance?

I’ve heard of people submitting July and getting scored much later and even getting in, but how likely is that?

Also I think they’re partly going in order of the CARS score. I know someone with low CARS who submitted July, interviewed March, and was accepted after. He said he was scored in the next year too. My CARS is a little lower as well.

Are the 9/24 and 9/25 interviewees supposed to hear back tomorrow (10/17) or yesterday??

Are the 9/24 and 9/25 interviewees supposed to hear back tomorrow (10/17) or yesterday??

Looks like yesterday if people from our interview window got the call then! If I'm the only one who heard 10/17 then I'm most likely just being silly lol

Looks like yesterday if people from our interview window got the call then! If I'm the only one who heard 10/17 then I'm most likely just being silly lol
Gotcha! Yea I suppose you're not the only one who has heard back. Its just a bit weird because on our interview day they told us they will inform us on the 17th.

There's also a few people (that I know of at least) from 9/14 and 9/21 interview dates who were supposed to hear back yesterday (10/15) but haven't heard anything yet. No phone call, no email, no status change, just hangin in limbo i guess

Gotcha! Yea I suppose you're not the only one who has heard back. Its just a bit weird because on our interview day they told us they will inform us on the 17th.

I think I didn't communicate my last post right then oops.

I was also told that they would tell us 10/17 because they would be meeting about us on 10/15. So there's hope then for us if multiple people heard the 17th!

I think I didn't communicate my last post right then oops.

I was also told that they would tell us 10/17 because they would be meeting about us on 10/15. So there's hope then for us if multiple people heard the 17th!
Fingers crossed!

Accepted yesterday for MD and MD/MPH!!! Interviewed 9/24 and 9/25
I got in yesterday too MD and MD and MPH.. are you picking which program you prefer in your email accepting the position?

Reactions: 1 users
Still not scored. I submitted before 8/15 here. Is there a chance?

I’ve heard of people submitting July and getting scored much later and even getting in, but how likely is that?

Also I think they’re partly going in order of the CARS score. I know someone with low CARS who submitted July, interviewed March, and was accepted after. He said he was scored in the next year too. My CARS is a little lower as well.
idk about this theory, haven't been scored yet and i had a 130+ cars, not sure their order at all but all we can do is wait haha

When you say they dont score everyone, do you mean that they look and decide that they will not being giving you an interview without scoring you?

You have 3 separate people giving your app a score. If by the second person you are not going to reach a certain threshold then your app is not forwarded on to the 3rd person and you are essentially never given a complete score.

You have 3 separate people giving your app a score. If by the second person you are not going to reach a certain threshold then your app is not forwarded on to the 3rd person and you are essentially never given a complete score.

Correct. This is what I was told. But then again this is the first time they've been screening secondaries so it might have changed a bit.

Correct. This is what I was told. But then again this is the first time they've been screening secondaries so it might have changed a bit.

Essentially everyone gets a secondary. Their screen is a bare minimum MCAT/GPA screen.

Essentially everyone gets a secondary. Their screen is a bare minimum MCAT/GPA screen.

Yeah my point was that they changed it from last year to this year. The scoring policy might not be identical as what we were told in the past.

Did you know what the minimum number is?

I got a different answer when asked UM's admission about pre-secondary screen; was told it's a holistic one based on all info in AMCAS.

Congratulations to all those with acceptances! Looking forward to maybe seeing some of you around campus next year :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still not scored? I’ve been complete since 07/10.