2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does one send an update letter? Do i describe my grades/GPA/employment in a pdf and email it? Or is there a way to send grades as well?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

For me I just described everything in letter form. Saved the letter as a PDF and emailed it to admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Portal updated today to say the following:

"We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly."

Which means admissions decisions are coming this week :nailbiting: Interviewed November

Reactions: 1 users

"We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly."

Which means admissions decisions are coming this week :nailbiting: Interviewed November
Awesome! When in November?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my Casper account to see if my results had been sent to them, and they have so I think (hope) it was just a mass email
I never got this email...but I haven't heard anything since paying my secondary fee...maybe they forgot about me

Reactions: 1 user

Ditto. Same time frame for me too. Hope we get some good news

After being alternate listed for the second year in a row, I'm not feeling too confident about this next decision day lol

Last edited:
Are phone calls going out today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you both. I was hoping to get one tonight. Hopefully it's not over

Accepted yesterday by phone! Got the official email this morning.

Reactions: 5 users
Placed on alternate list in mid-Dec and got the acceptance email today!

Reactions: 6 users
To accept the offer, do we email back that we want to accept or wait for the mail admission packet with instructions

II received today! I was salty about UMiami, I'm not gonna lie, lol. Anyways, any tips or comments about interview day? I'm not sure I have the energy to go through 29 pages </3.

PS: Congrats to all of those accepted today!

Reactions: 2 users
II received today! I was salty about UMiami, I'm not gonna lie, lol. Anyways, any tips or comments about interview day? I'm not sure I have the energy to go through 29 pages </3.

PS: Congrats to all of those accepted today!
Congrats!! When were you complete?

Placed on alternate list most recent decision day. Interviewed week after Thanksgiving. @ Those who have gotten off alternate list did you do anything or just wait?

I submitted a letter of intent before my initial decision so I think all I can do now is sit and wait.

Also- MSAR says that 30-40 students are waitlisted and 30 are taken from the waitlist. Is the waitlist this same running alternate list or is there an official WL that goes out at the end of the cycle?

Placed on alternate list most recent decision day. Interviewed week after Thanksgiving. @ Those who have gotten off alternate list did you do anything or just wait?

I submitted a letter of intent before my initial decision so I think all I can do now is sit and wait.

Also- MSAR says that 30-40 students are waitlisted and 30 are taken from the waitlist. Is the waitlist this same running alternate list or is there an official WL that goes out at the end of the cycle?
I was alternate listed in mid Dec and didn’t send a anything except an email confirming my decision to stay on the alternate list. Just got in a few days ago!

I was alternate listed in mid Dec and didn’t send a anything except an email confirming my decision to stay on the alternate list. Just got in a few days ago!

I saw that you were accepted off the alternate list! Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting. Hopefully I am in a similar situation some time soon. I felt really great about my interview but my stats are a bit low so it wouldn't surprise me if I got ranked pretty low on the list.

Status changed today to the "your applications and interview report will be reviewed a FINAL TIME by the Ad......."

are they known to interview lower MCAT applicants? I've been scored since July but I am slowly losing hope. Love me back Miami :sorry:

Status changed today to the "your applications and interview report will be reviewed a FINAL TIME by the Ad......."
When did you interview? I interviewed very recently and mine changed to the same thing. I don’t think it means anything other than our decisions will be coming out in the next few weeks.

What did it say before? Are you currently on the alternate list?

More or less it didn’t say “final time”, before. Not currently on the alternate list that I know of, still waiting on decision. I dont think it’s a bad thing, I’m ready for whatever decision comes

When did you interview? I interviewed very recently and mine changed to the same thing. I don’t think it means anything other than our decisions will be coming out in the next few weeks.

I interviewed week after thanksgiving. And I know, I’m just ready to get a decision already

Does any one know if there has been a facebook group created yet for accepted students?

Would anyone have the email of the financial aid director?

I read a few posts above about being “scored”. I didn’t receive any communication stating I was scored. What does it mean?

I read a few posts above about being “scored”. I didn’t receive any communication stating I was scored. What does it mean?
They don't send anything about the status change but you can see it in your portal

They don't send anything about the status change but you can see it in your portal
Where in the portal can you see it? I just have a statement beneath the status box saying “Your application is currently under review by the admissions committee at UM”. Does this just mean I haven’t been scored yet?

mine says the same but I think it just changed to that? and it is in green. does that mean its scored?

Where in the portal can you see it? I just have a statement beneath the status box saying “Your application is currently under review by the admissions committee at UM”. Does this just mean I haven’t been scored yet?