AmbitiousCamel

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there any place I can find the 1st year's schedule of classes including the schedule for MD/MPH summer that starts in June? Thanks so much!

Edit: Wondering about a weekly schedule with hours and specific classes.

Edit: This is the schedule now but you can't see 1st semester or most of 2nd semester. Wish I could see it.
MD/MPH Schedules | University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine ----can navigate to MD from here too

Last edited:
Reactions: wb100 and Dexter01

sss1219

2+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2015
Is there any place I can find the 1st year's schedule of classes including the schedule for MD/MPH summer that starts in June? Thanks so much!
MD/MPH Schedules | University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine ----can navigate to MD from here too
Summer was a little annoying as every public health course had mandatory attendance and ran from like either 9 or 10-3 or 4 minus a day per week. You start having 8 am pbl's 3x per week in fall and that extends to the end of the year. I'm not sure how anatomy will work for you but we had one 4 hour chunk every other week on a non-pbl day starting at 9am, which extend till march. That leaves 1 day off on anatomy on weeks and 2 days off on anatomy off weeks, but like I said that may vary with the curriculum changes.

Does anyone know if MPH classes are pass/fail or graded?
Graded, but do not count in your rankings
Not sure if that changes with the p/f implementation

nopenope9ee

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
At my recent interview, the MPH people said that they do not plan to move the MPH courses to p/f. However, they suggested that residency directors either did not see the MPH grades because the degree is not complete yet (?) or did not really care about them.

Reactions: Negolas24

teeayejay

2+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know if MPH classes are pass/fail or graded?
Summer was a little annoying as every public health course had mandatory attendance and ran from like either 9 or 10-3 or 4 minus a day per week. You start having 8 am pbl's 3x per week in fall and that extends to the end of the year. I'm not sure how anatomy will work for you but we had one 4 hour chunk every other week on a non-pbl day starting at 9am, which extend till march. That leaves 1 day off on anatomy on weeks and 2 days off on anatomy off weeks, but like I said that may vary with the curriculum changes.

At my recent interview, the MPH people said that they do not plan to move the MPH courses to p/f. However, they suggested that residency directors either did not see the MPH grades because the degree is not complete yet (?) or did not really care about them.

MPH courses are graded but in your MSPE which is the "Dean's letter" it only mentions that you're in good standing to completing your MPH and residency programs do not get a transcript of those grades - i.e. you basically just need to pass the courses while absorbing as much as you can so that you get your money's worth.

It will be really easy to blow off the assignments but again, I stress that you should learn as much as you can. Plus, you can and will be embarrassed if you're asked to call on this background and you have nothing to show for it lol.

Jun 20, 2018
MPH courses are graded but in your MSPE which is the "Dean's letter" it only mentions that you're in good standing to completing your MPH and residency programs do not get a transcript of those grades - i.e. you basically just need to pass the courses while absorbing as much as you can so that you get your money's worth.

It will be really easy to blow off the assignments but again, I stress that you should learn as much as you can. Plus, you can and will be embarrassed if you're asked to call on this background and you have nothing to show for it lol.
So, the MPH courses do not go on your transcript? I'm confused because if you submit your transcripts to residency programs and your MPH grades are on your transcript what do you mean by they don't get those grades? Are they maybe separate transcripts for MD and MPH and only have to send MD transcripts? I'm confused lol thanks in advance!

teeayejay

2+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student
So, the MPH courses do not go on your transcript? I'm confused because if you submit your transcripts to residency programs and your MPH grades are on your transcript what do you mean by they don't get those grades? Are they maybe separate transcripts for MD and MPH and only have to send MD transcripts? I'm confused lol thanks in advance!
I forget the specifics whether they only send medical coursework on the transcript or if the MPH coursework just says pass but they do not get a numerical value of your MPH stuff - this has been verified.

Admin specifically did this so that students could learn without the added pressure since we are getting two degrees at once.

Reactions: CandH23
Jan 7, 2019
I emailed Weisman again on Monday about the alternate list and this is what he said: We are having some activity with a few students coming off of the alternate list. I think that this will be the last week we will go to the alternate list. If you haven’t heard from us by Friday, I think you might move forward with other plans.

Oct 9, 2018
I emailed Weisman again on Monday about the alternate list and this is what he said: We are having some activity with a few students coming off of the alternate list. I think that this will be the last week we will go to the alternate list. If you haven’t heard from us by Friday, I think you might move forward with other plans.
MD or MD/MPH?

Jun 26, 2018
is this for md mph? because that would make more sense

kmedhopeful95

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has everyone who has emailed him gotten a response? I emailed on the first of May and a follow-up a week after, but haven’t heard anything yet.

Jun 26, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has everyone who has emailed him gotten a response? I emailed on the first of May and a follow-up a week after, but haven’t heard anything yet.
Just FYI: I emailed him on May 2 and he responded within an hour. Your email may have just been at the bottom of his inbox tbh. Not sure.

Reactions: kmedhopeful95
Jan 7, 2019
is this for md mph? because that would make more sense
I'm MD only. I was surprised too because I thought there would be a lot more movement on the alternate list into June. This could also be me specific though so I'd definitely email him to ask.

May 14, 2019
I e-mailed Dr. Weisman this morning regarding movement off the alternate list for the MD/MPH program. His response was that the class has been at capacity and they have not been able to accept additional applicants off the waitlist. He said that he did not expect that will change this year.

Nov 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, I emailed Dr. Weisman about the MD alternate list earlier and he said they haven't had a great deal of movement on the list this year, but "anything is possible up to mid-June"