2018-2019 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!!!! Interview 09/21. I am so happy! Staying near my family means everything to me. Congrats to everyone else accepted, can't wait to be classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/13. Congratulations to all those who have also been accepted!:)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Got the call around 3 and checked messages after work. Interviewed 9/11. U of M wasn't just my first choice, it was my only application. Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Got the call around 3 and checked messages after work. Interviewed 9/11. U of M wasn't just my first choice, it was my only application. Can't wait to meet you all!
I'm in a similar situation. Glad it worked out for you my dude!

Got the waitlist email. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
9/11. It's especially difficult because it was the only interview I got so far.
The fact that you had an interview that early means that you clearly have a solid application that deserves more interviews. Keep your head up, it's early!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

I was complete on September 7. I called the office of admissions to get a status update. She told me that they are currently reviewing applications submitted on September 5. She also told me that my app will most likely be reviewed next week and then they have 1-2 weeks after that to send status updates to applicants. I found this information beneficial; hope it helps all of you as well

I was complete on September 7. I called the office of admissions to get a status update. She told me that they are currently reviewing applications submitted on September 5. She also told me that my app will most likely be reviewed next week and then they have 1-2 weeks after that to send status updates to applicants. I found this information beneficial; hope it helps all of you as well
Thanks for the info. I was complete August 21. I wonder if I was passed over. :sorry:

Thanks for the info. I was complete August 21. I wonder if I was passed over. :sorry:
One of the posters above you was complete the second week of August and got an interview today. I wouldn't panic. It is possible that her timeline for hearing back is off; it was just someone from the office of admissions. They are very nice though so if you want, give them a call.

One of the posters above you was complete the second week of August and got an interview today. I wouldn't panic. It is possible that her timeline for hearing back is off; it was just someone from the office of admissions. They are very nice though so if you want, give them a call.
I'm OOS technically but I go to the school. Maybe I'll give them a visit on Monday. Thanks for the reassurance!

Complete 8/10
II this afternoon (IS applicant)

Does anybody know if they are receptive to ITAs? And how far out they are scheduling interviews right now? I'm planning to be in Minneapolis the weekend of 1/25 but could extend my trip

Accepted!
Twin Cities
Interviewed 9/27

Reactions: 5 users
You know, they gave me 4 dates: today; tomorrow; next Thursday; and next Friday to pick from.

I recieved an invitation to submit secondary application this week. Is it worth it to submit this late in the cycle? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

I recieved an invitation to submit secondary application this week. Is it worth it to submit this late in the cycle? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
The U gets a little less applicants than other State schools due to its heavy IS bias and its location in the frozen northern wastelands. If you have a good reason to come to MN and think you're a good fit for the mission, then I'd say go ahead and apply. Others can chime their opinion in too.

The U gets a little less applicants than other State schools due to its heavy IS bias and its location in the frozen northern wastelands. If you have a good reason to come to MN and think you're a good fit for the mission, then I'd say go ahead and apply. Others can chime their opinion in too.
Thank you for your input :)

Literally just got an invite to submit a secondary after emailing them last week regarding my interest (MSTP). If any of you are waiting for a secondary, it might be worth reaching out?

ACCEPTED!!!! I am thrilled!! Got the call an hour ago. :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! Omg!!!! Interviewed 10/4 so quick!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed Sept 28th! URM from Cali!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! Omg!!!! Interviewed 10/4 so quick!
Congrats! You got into Duluth too right? 2/2 is awesome! I interviewed there and got waitlisted. Waiting to hear back from TC about an interview hopefully!

Anyone know if they're receptive to pre-interview updates?