2018-2019 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! You got into Duluth too right? 2/2 is awesome! I interviewed there and got waitlisted. Waiting to hear back from TC about an interview hopefully!
Yeah, thank you! I am stunned. I love both campuses so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how hard it is to become a Minnesota resident in order to get in state tuition?

Anyone know how hard it is to become a Minnesota resident in order to get in state tuition?

Not sure, But I know you have to have lived in the state for a year for reasons other than education

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m pretty sure during interview day they said that the only way to be eligible for in state tuition (if you’re not already a mb resident) is to 1. Marry a Minnesotan or 2. If your family makes Minnesota their home state. (I’m OOS so this was a bummer for me to learn!)

Anyone know if they're receptive to pre-interview updates?
After my interview I received an email from Matt Belinski that stated they would only accept application updates if they were received before midnight on the day of the interview. In other words, they accept pre interview updates, not post interview updates. I'd call and ask to be sure though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

When I asked admissions they said you must work full time in Minnesota for one year to be considered a resident.

Is there anyone else who interviewed on 09/27 who hasn't heard back yet? It's making me really nervous! :/

Kinda suprised, but 2x interviews for my twin bro and i. Complete late august, LizzyM of 76/77, OOS with no ties. We arent sure if we will actually take the interviews, however.

II today. Complete mid August. OOS no ties. Dates available beginning November 9

Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate for OOS here?

ii yesterday. OOS LM 76 with very strong ties. complete mid August. How long do they take to confirm our interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone accepted so far paid their deposit and had it reflect in the portal? So far it hasn’t in mine and I haven’t had any luck getting a hold of admissions. Just wanting to make sure my spot is reserved!

Has anyone accepted so far paid their deposit and had it reflect in the portal? So far it hasn’t in mine and I haven’t had any luck getting a hold of admissions. Just wanting to make sure my spot is reserved!
I think they are super slow. I am waiting for my secondary application fees to be updated and it has been 2 weeks....

I called them about a week ago to ask that question. She told me they were pretty backed up but that she could verify mine quick since she was just about to get to my payment. It seems like the payment and confirmation of your spot in the class is automated and automatic, but an actual person needs to check that box in your portal. I was accepted on October 17th by the way!

I called them about a week ago to ask that question. She told me they were pretty backed up but that she could verify mine quick since she was just about to get to my payment. It seems like the payment and confirmation of your spot in the class is automated and automatic, but an actual person needs to check that box in your portal. I was accepted on October 17th by the way!

Ok, that makes me feel a little better! Just didn’t want to not have my spot reserved! I’d just love to get confirmation that my spot is reserved. Thanks! Looking forward to being your classmate!

So I just received an interview invitation yesterday, and I selected my two dates and hit submit. However, I didn't receive any confirmation that I even selected the dates, and now I can follow the link and I could technically select two more dates. How long does it take to get a confirmation email from the school that you have an interview date? I am having fears that I never even selected the dates to begin with - like my wifi messed up and my request for my two dates didn't go through. LOL

So I just received an interview invitation yesterday, and I selected my two dates and hit submit. However, I didn't receive any confirmation that I even selected the dates, and now I can follow the link and I could technically select two more dates. How long does it take to get a confirmation email from the school that you have an interview date? I am having fears that I never even selected the dates to begin with - like my wifi messed up and my request for my two dates didn't go through. LOL
The same thing happened to me. I ended up getting my desired date, even though I couldn't specify preference. I was worried so I tried to reenter my dates but the system told me that I had already selected dates, so at the very least I knew they were submitted. I did have to call the admissions office to confirm my date, though. I think they are back logged this time of year. Chances are your dates went into the system. If you don't hear back in a week maybe give them a call or email.

I didn't get any confirmation I selected my dates, but I just got my Interview Day confirmation email about an hour ago and they gave me the date I wanted! So relieved!

How long do they take to confirm an interview date with you?

I called in yesterday and she lady I spoke to said majority of their staff was away for a conference, hence things were not being updated or replied to.

I was under the impression that it was taking 4-6 weeks for a turn-around from the interview?
They say 4-6 weeks during the interview but they had been hitting a 3 week mark. That might change but they seem to be going pretty quick post interview.

They say 4-6 weeks during the interview but they had been hitting a 3 week mark. That might change but they seem to be going pretty quick post interview.
...for most! I interviewed 9/27 and haven’t heard anything yet :[

Secondary submitted August 20, OOS, II October 17

I might be wrong, but it seems like they are sending out interviews every two weeks: Oct 17, Oct 31, etc...

Therefore, I suspect that the next wave of IIs is going out on Nov 14.

Just got the call this afternoon!I Interviewed 09/27 I’m OOS with no MN ties. I’m over the moon!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/16 \^.^/

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED OOS with no ties LM 72 interview 10/16, call 11/10 at 4:45pm

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who who got an II on Oct. 31st still waiting to hear back about what day they are interviewing? I preferenced the end of November interviews and I still haven't heard back. I don't want to bother admissions if they still haven't told us dates yet, but flights are starting to get really expensive.

Check your Spam. My interview date came in the next day but didn't see it until later because my email put it in my spam folder.
That's so weird, I checked my spam folder and nothing. I reached out to the school, I hope it was just a mistake, I'm not super thrilled I've been waiting 2 weeks for a confirmation on the interview. Thanks for helping!

That's so weird, I checked my spam folder and nothing. I reached out to the school, I hope it was just a mistake, I'm not super thrilled I've been waiting 2 weeks for a confirmation on the interview. Thanks for helping!

Definitely give them a call if it's been a long time, 2 weeks seems like it would qualify as a bit too long -- I think the interview coordinator is a bit slow.

Check your Spam. My interview date came in the next day but didn't see it until later because my email put it in my spam folder.
I would definitely call them. Because I got II on the same day and got the date confirmation the next day

Made campus selection (UMTC) 10/14; just got my supplemental app email today. There is someone alive around there after all!

Reactions: 1 users
I might be wrong, but it seems like they are sending out interviews every two weeks: Oct 17, Oct 31, etc...

Therefore, I suspect that the next wave of IIs is going out on Nov 14.

TODAY WILL BE OUR DAY! Positive thinking! :)

Reactions: 1 users