2018-2019 University of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any in-state applicants been accepted yet?
I would be suprised if no one has. I’m guessing they’re just not on sdn

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone received an acceptance who interviewed the week of 12Nov or a status update? Also, has anyone been post-interview rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received an acceptance who interviewed the week of 12Nov or a status update? Also, has anyone been post-interview rejected?
They rarely reject anyone before March. You should be getting a status email soon

+3 status unchanged. Ugh this puts me in such a weird spot with UMKC starting in January.

Reactions: 1 users
So they accept the majority of the class during the last week of March?
That's how it sounded when they explained it on interview day. Also from last year's thread I think that's what happened.

Annnnnd +4 on the status unchanged. Time to settle in for the long wait. :whistle:

Ya but I think they waitlist a lot more people

So I interviewed this week and they said they've accepted 4 people so far. So if they accept 4/mo, then by march 1st, they'd accept about 20. Their class size is 112. The way I understood it, is in March they accept those ranked up to 112, those ranked 113-224 are waitlisted, and 225+ are rejected. MSAR said their waitlist is the same size as the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed this week and they said they've accepted 4 people so far. So if they accept 4/mo, then by march 1st, they'd accept about 20. Their class size is 112. The way I understood it, is in March they accept those ranked up to 112, those ranked 113-224 are waitlisted, and 225+ are rejected. MSAR said their waitlist is the same size as the class.
Ok guess I wasn't clear . By waitlist I meant that unofficial hold/waiting status they put us through every month.

I don't understand what they lose by accepting more people every month. They've literally accepted 4 people thus far out of the 100+ they've probably interviewed. We can't all be that terrible lol

Ok guess I wasn't clear . By waitlist I meant that unofficial hold/waiting status they put us through every month.

I don't understand what they lose by accepting more people every month. They've literally accepted 4 people thus far out of the 100+ they've probably interviewed. We can't all be that terrible lol

Ohhh okay. That makes sense.

Right? My interviewers gave me phenomenal feedback at the end of the interview. That status unchanged email hit deep in my soul. Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Totally agree with what's been said. I have no theories as to why they would wait to accept a good number of people, so if anyone knows please enlighten us :laugh:

Ohhh okay. That makes sense.

Right? My interviewers gave me phenomenal feedback at the end of the interview. That status unchanged email hit deep in my soul. Lol.

Totally agree with what's been said. I have no theories as to why they would wait to accept a good number of people, so if anyone knows please enlighten us :laugh:

No idea but during my interivew they said that some months they accept no one which makes me wonder WTF is the point of it. How do they not have any high scores then?

Got 2 status emails so far, am expecting a ton more before I get hit with that waitlist email :oops:

Accepted!!! Im so excited and grateful. For those of you waiting, don't give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users

Wasn't it because last year governor grietens was going to be impeached (he did eventually resign), and he was threatning to lower state funding of medical school so they didnt know how big the class size was going to be so they didn't want to overfill the class. Although I don't know why it would be like that for this year.

Wasn't it because last year governor grietens was going to be impeached (he did eventually resign), and he was threatning to lower state funding of medical school so they didnt know how big the class size was going to be so they didn't want to overfill the class. Although I don't know why it would be like that for this year.
Yeah that would make sense for last year, but with the new governor and funding restored I don't know why that would apply to this year. Plus it's not like they're anywhere near class capacity right now so who knows :shrug:

Hey guys! I noticed that some of you have received email updates, is it normal I have not received an email with my app status since I was completed Early September? Also, Do you guys think Mizzou is receptive to updates? Thanks and Good luck y'all!

Accepted!!! Im so excited and grateful. For those of you waiting, don't give up hope!
Congrats!! Mind sharing stats?

Hey guys! I noticed that some of you have received email updates, is it normal I have not received an email with my app status since I was completed Early September? Also, Do you guys think Mizzou is receptive to updates? Thanks and Good luck y'all!

I would say it's normal assuming you haven't interviewed yet. The status unchanged updates only seem to come after you have interviewed. Honestly not sure about updates, but going to lean towards no.

Kinda. Last year they didn’t know if they could afford to take in their standard 128 due to all that. They had a gaurenteed 96 regardless for the majority of last year. This year they said their class size is gonna be 112 for sure so there’s no reason for them to be doing this. I think this has been going on for many years before the grietens thing

Yeah that would make sense for last year, but with the new governor and funding restored I don't know why that would apply to this year. Plus it's not like they're anywhere near class capacity right now so who knows :shrug:

It’s a pretty inefficient system. If anything it sounds like they want as many options as possible to choose from so they basically put everyone on hold until March

You only get a monthly app status after you’ve interivewed. Mizzou doesn’t accept updates, LOIs etc

Congrats!! When did you interview and what time did you get the call/ email today?

Hi, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Have been getting those status unchanged emails since my interview in Oct. I know Kevin said they were gonna wait till March to accept ~90% of applicants, but the wait is draining. I had great interviewers and they gave me awesome feedback (one of them said he would even put in a good word for me to the committee), but now I'm not really sure if I'm even gonna be accepted eventually.

Hi, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Have been getting those status unchanged emails since my interview in Oct. I know Kevin said they were gonna wait till March to accept ~90% of applicants, but the wait is draining. I had great interviewers and they gave me awesome feedback (one of them said he would even put in a good word for me to the committee), but now I'm not really sure if I'm even gonna be accepted eventually.

Same. I received great feedback as well. One interviewer said I was one of their best they've had, both asked for additional details that could help them advocate for my acceptance, and I even addressed the one "red flag" on my application and they said it wasn't a red flag or of any concern. Now to wait till march. :sleep:

II today. complete 10/22.
can any one give me more insight on what the interview is like? what type of questions were you asked? was it open file or closed file

II today. complete 10/22.
can any one give me more insight on what the interview is like? what type of questions were you asked? was it open file or closed file
You get two interviews, about one hour each, keep in mind you do not have to go the whole hour, so do not take it as a bad sign if your interview ends earlier than everyone else. Prior to my interview, I was told that the interview is like "Good Cop, Bad Cop", where one of the your interviewers is more relaxed and keeps everything conversational, whereas the other was a bit more intense. That was also the case for me. Overall, just relax and be able to engage your interviewers. If you end up with an intense interviewer, hold your ground and be able to defend everything you say. Honestly though, I walked out of more intense interview thinking I had failed the entire thing, but thankfully that was not the case. Good luck!

You get two interviews, about one hour each, keep in mind you do not have to go the whole hour, so do not take it as a bad sign if your interview ends earlier than everyone else. Prior to my interview, I was told that the interview is like "Good Cop, Bad Cop", where one of the your interviewers is more relaxed and keeps everything conversational, whereas the other was a bit more intense. That was also the case for me. Overall, just relax and be able to engage your interviewers. If you end up with an intense interviewer, hold your ground and be able to defend everything you say. Honestly though, I walked out of more intense interview thinking I had failed the entire thing, but thankfully that was not the case. Good luck!
thank you so much for this insight! I appreciate it. was your interview open or closed file?

thank you so much for this insight! I appreciate it. was your interview open or closed file?
As mentioned above, open file. For me personally they asked me about specific aspects of my application and extracurriculars so make sure you know your application well just in case.

As mentioned above, open file. For me personally they asked me about specific aspects of my application and extracurriculars so make sure you know your application well just in case.

I second this. Both of my interviewers had my application out (the primary one) and asked questions based on that. My first interviewer wrote notes the whole time but the second was more laid back. They're just looking to see whether or not you are a good fit for their medical school so just try your best to keep it conversational.

Rejected post secondary.
MCAT: 512
cGPA: 3.8
IS
URM.
Guess I didn’t fit into whatever their mission is lol. Whatever...

II just now! It's my first interview and gotta admit I am super excited. Dates available were all throughout January, Mon-Wed.
LizzyM 68
IS & ORM

II just now! It's my first interview and gotta admit I am super excited. Dates available were all throughout January, Mon-Wed.
LizzyM 68
IS & ORM
I just received an II now too. I called Phillip Nelson but he didn't pick up. Idk if I should call again or wait until he calls back lol

II yesterday, OOS but close ties, complete 10/1

I just received an II now too. I called Phillip Nelson but he didn't pick up. Idk if I should call again or wait until he calls back lol
If you have not scheduled an interview yet, you should keep calling (preferably outside their interview days, but the sooner the better). I missed his call and realized it a week later. Thankfully he was very understanding and allowed me to schedule an interview.

I forgot I even applied here lol. It was nice of them to send an unchanged status email to let me know they remember me

Accepted this morning. In state. I interviewed 10/8/18. I am a reapplicant here as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Unchanged as well. Does anyone know if they’d share this early what tier of the waitlist we’re on?

Unchanged as well. Does anyone know if they’d share this early what tier of the waitlist we’re on?
They normally won’t tell you until the waitlist is made. I don’t think they even have tiers yet , just scores.

Accepted this morning. In state. I interviewed 10/8/18. I am a reapplicant here as well.
Congrats! Did you receive a status unchanged email October and November?

Any advice on the interviews friends? What kinds of questions did you all end up asking the interviewers?