2018-2019 University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondary right now!

The only prompt is: Why do you want to attend the University of Nebraska College of Medicine? (1000 character limit) @gyngyn

How strong do your ties have to be here? I applied as an Iowa resident with a lot of family and time spent in Omaha. None of them are immediate though, they're all through marriage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my II today!! LizzyM 73, ORM, from Utah but did undergrad at CU. Nontrad.

I'm reluctant to stay with a student host because last time, they freaked me out. but I was thinking of using Airbnb in the area. i found a host that is willing to drive students to and from interviews. Has anyone used airbnb so far? Had any bad experiences that I should know about?

Reactions: 1 user
as anyone used airbnb so far? Had any bad experiences that I should know about?

I've used Airbnb a few times and have never had an issue. Large, respectable company. Find a super host and they will take care of you.

When did you submit your secondary? I'm still waiting to hear back on an II

Received my II today!! LizzyM 73, ORM, from Utah but did undergrad at CU. Nontrad.

I'm reluctant to stay with a student host because last time, they freaked me out. but I was thinking of using Airbnb in the area. i found a host that is willing to drive students to and from interviews. Has anyone used airbnb so far? Had any bad experiences that I should know about?
complete date?

Anyone else here applying early decision? Interviewing Sep 7th! :)

Any non-ED students get interview invites yet? Still waiting after submitting II on the 7/26

II invite received on 8/15, scheduled on 9/28. Pretty excited as this is my first II :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
II invite received on 8/15, scheduled on 9/28. Pretty excited as this is my first II :soexcited:
Nice! Congrats. I submitted a few days after you, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats. I submitted a few days after you, so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Not sure if they do these in order, do you know how it works? When you submitted your supplemental info and paid the fee, did you receive any confirmation other than the payment confirmation? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.
I only got a receipt in my e-mail after paying the secondary fee. After that I just waited and got an e-mail saying my supplemental has been received and subsequently I have been invited to interview. I am unsure how the process works in how they select for interviews, but I know for sure they interview the vast majority of people who apply in-state.

In their website, they say "Upon receipt of your verified application from AMCAS, it is reviewed by the College of Medicine. If selected to interview, you will be provided with electronic secondary application to complete. During this process, you will also be notified of any course deficiencies" so does that mean the secondary invitation is the same as II?

In their website, they say "Upon receipt of your verified application from AMCAS, it is reviewed by the College of Medicine. If selected to interview, you will be provided with electronic secondary application to complete. During this process, you will also be notified of any course deficiencies" so does that mean the secondary invitation is the same as II?

I received a separate interview invite email.

I only got a receipt in my e-mail after paying the secondary fee. After that I just waited and got an e-mail saying my supplemental has been received and subsequently I have been invited to interview. I am unsure how the process works in how they select for interviews, but I know for sure they interview the vast majority of people who apply in-state.
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

MCAT: 517 GPA: 3.88

Are you applying in-state?
Thanks! We have pretty similar stats. Yep IS, I just was curious since I still haven't heard, but maybe they don't go in chronological order? Don't know how it has been in the past.

II today!! First of the season. OOS applicant. I did go to school at UNO. Completed my secondary on Sept. 8th. Have below average stats, non-trad student. PM if you have any questions. Good luck everyone!

I was just accepted early decision!!! :soexcited: Got the letter in the mail this morning (after anxiously waiting all week). Great way to start the weekend! I'm so happy I finally have closure and will be attending my #1 choice for med school! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted early decision!!! :soexcited: Got the letter in the mail this morning (after anxiously waiting all week). Great way to start the weekend! I'm so happy I finally have closure and will be attending my #1 choice for med school! :soexcited:

Nice, congrats!

Would anyone that has interviewed already, care to share their experience, besides what is listed in the invite email?

Would anyone that has interviewed already, care to share their experience, besides what is listed in the invite email?
It’s really low key, so just plan on listening to a few speakers, taking a tour of the facilities, and being interviewed by a student and faculty member for 20 or so minutes. Really conversational and low pressure.

Positive vibes ya’ll, only a couple more weeks until acceptance decisions start rolling in!

What day are we supposed to hear?
I think I remember in my interview I was told the first week of December the committee meets for the first time. Then the subsequent week they start sending out acceptance notifications and this process continually goes on into the Spring.

anyone else not hear from them yet after submitting scondary in mid-September?

What day are we supposed to hear?
Check your mail boxes (home address) on 17th December. Only high profile applicants will hear the good news! Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
How do you check the portal?

I think if you search through your email you should be able to find a link to the portal that was sent either at the time of the secondary or at the time of the interview invite (I forget which).

I think if you search through your email you should be able to find a link to the portal that was sent either at the time of the secondary or at the time of the interview invite (I forget which).
Does your portal look different post-acceptance? Did your status in the portal change?

Was really hoping there’d be one more wave in dec and I’d slide in under the radar! If it doesn’t come by tomorrow, I don’t think it’s coming until January! :(

Reactions: 1 users
Was really hoping there’d be one more wave in dec and I’d slide in under the radar! If it doesn’t come by tomorrow, I don’t think it’s coming until January! :(
Don't stress too much, they said 95% of acceptances will be given after January 1!

I left my notes from the interview day in another state. Can anyone remind me what UNMC's preferences are regarding updates? What they want updates on, format, etc?

Good luck to everyone waiting on a decision. Let's get those A's!

I wish I could remember. I honestly forgot I interviewed at this school it feels like it was so long ago. You can email the admissions team, they’re super nice and would be able to answer that question better than anyone on here.

I left my notes from the interview day in another state. Can anyone remind me what UNMC's preferences are regarding updates? What they want updates on, format, etc?

Good luck to everyone waiting on a decision. Let's get those A's!
Updates were due by January 2.

Has anyone heard back yet (accepted/rejected/waitlisted)? Would love to hear ANY new updates that you guys would be willing to share with the rest of us, anxious applicants

Reactions: 2 users