2018-2019 University of Nevada-Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! OOS from California. complete 7/17

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone but me still waiting on a secondary lol?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know what post-II acceptance rate may like here?!

II! OOS living in NV, complete 8/14

Saw only december & onward dates when I signed up

Are OOS'ers using the anything important you would like to tell the Adcom essay about why you would like to return to/practice in Nevada?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS applicants- where are you staying for your interview? I'm having a hard time finding a decent place close by

Are OOS'ers using the anything important you would like to tell the Adcom essay about why you would like to return to/practice in Nevada?
I left it blank and got an II ( from neighboring state with relatively high stats). If you have genuine reasons you could talk about it but don’t force it

Members don't see this ad :)
Red/rock summerlin area is prettty far. Palace station is pretty close!!!

Damn. So should I upgrade to the Excalibur?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
I wouldn’t stay at the Circus Circus because it’s Circus Circus and you need a quiet place to sleep the night before your interview.

There are a lot of nice Marriotts near the convention center that would be good options, they are less than 15 minutes from campus. (See: Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center)

I wouldn’t stay at the Circus Circus because it’s Circus Circus and you need a quiet place to sleep the night before your interview.

There are a lot of nice Marriotts near the convention center that would be good options, they are less than 15 minutes from campus. (See: Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center)
I was kidding but thanks. Good looking out :) it's very hard to communicate sarcasm through text lol

Circus circus is nearby. Heard it's the cheapest hotel on the strip.

I had no problems staying here. Pretty quiet honestly because most people are out. There are new buildings called the manor outside of the main Circus Circus building

Can anyone who already interviewed speak to what the interview day was like?

Anyone else having trouble answering some of these interview questions? For some questions, I legitimately cannot think of a situation for it. At least not honestly, and I presume they want us to be honest.

Can anyone who already interviewed speak to what the interview day was like?
Have not had it yet, but last year's thread consistently said it is very laid back. May very well be different this year. And at least we have all the possible questions, though I'm having trouble answering some of them.

Have not had it yet, but last year's thread consistently said it is very laid back. May very well be different this year. And at least we have all the possible questions, though I'm having trouble answering some of them.

The interview is super laid back, each interviewer asks you ~10 of the questions along with the basic interview questions about yourself. For questions I didn't have an exact answer too I thought of situations that were similar and would say: "I haven't encountered this exact situation but something similar that happened was...."

Does anyone know if medical students get a chance to rotate or get involved with the Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment?

Does anyone know if medical students get a chance to rotate or get involved with the Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment?
Yes. Several students are doing their community service at the Ackerman Center during the first phase of the curriculum. Rotations are offered as electives during the third phase of the curriculum.

Anyone know if the soft-rejects or hard rejects? Been complete for a while now but still haven't heard anything while others who submitted around me heard back the next week. Wondering if it's safe to assume I've been rejected so I can move on

Anyone know if the soft-rejects or hard rejects? Been complete for a while now but still haven't heard anything while others who submitted around me heard back the next week. Wondering if it's safe to assume I've been rejected so I can move on
As someone who's been through the cycle once before, the wisest thing you can do is that very last sentence you just said: assume you've been rejected and move on. Trust me dude just give it your all with those Secondaries and then never look back.

Is anyone who has an interview this Friday just as nervous as I am!? xo

Primary submitted 6/17
Verified 7/17
MCAT score released 7/30
Secondary received 8/20
Secondary submitted 8/21
Interview Invite received 8/22

Interview on 12/7

(in state)

Can anyone comment on the interview experience. It looks like MMI but the schedule says 2 interview blocks. Is that with 2 individuals or 2 different periods going through different MMI stations?

Can anyone comment on the interview experience. It looks like MMI but the schedule says 2 interview blocks. Is that with 2 individuals or 2 different periods going through different MMI stations?
It is not MMI. As you said, just two interview blocks, each with a single interviewer.

It is not MMI. As you said, just two interview blocks, each with a single interviewer.

Okay awesome. The questions led me to believe it was MMI, but the schedule led me to believe it was the two block interview type.

Anyone know how often they meet for decisions?

Does anyone know what percentage of applicants get the secondary? Or how heavy the screening process is to get the secondary?

Anyone know how often they meet for decisions?
Once a month I think. They said at the interview that they won't send any out until November 30th, but sometimes they start calling people before then anyways.

Does anyone know what percentage of applicants get the secondary? Or how heavy the screening process is to get the secondary?
At present, we've received approximately 1800 applications for 60 seats in the class. We've sent out around 600 secondaries and will interview 300 applicants by the time we've completed this cycle. Hope that gives you some information that is helpful.

Reactions: 4 users
At present, we've received approximately 1800 applications for 60 seats in the class. We've sent out around 600 secondaries and will interview 300 applicants by the time we've completed this cycle. Hope that gives you some information that is helpful.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your response.

Do you know the post interview acceptance rate?

Does anyone know how often/when admissions meet to make acceptance decisions? @UNLV Admin

II about an hour ago!!! OOS but with a primary family member living in Vegas.

Reactions: 2 users