2018-2019 University of Nevada-Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted! That makes me happy after a straight up rejection from Reno lol.

Anyone know how likely it is to get admitted from the WL? I know a bunch of peeps that got admitted late April last year.

Any idea how many are on the list? Wondering if I should move forward with the acceptance I have and starting making plans for housing.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist movement was 20-25 people last year and the year before.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm going to assume that those of us who didn't hear back today are destined for a rejection.

So I'm going to assume that those of us who didn't hear back today are destined for a rejection.
It seems waitlists went out throughout the week or so last year so it's definitely still possible. I'm definitely feeling disheartened as well though. All we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 users
Any OOSers receive an acceptance or waitlist who don't have significant ties?

It seems waitlists went out throughout the week or so last year so it's definitely still possible. I'm definitely feeling disheartened as well though. All we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Yeah my guess is most of the waitlist is out and they are just waiting to make the last few acceptance calls before they send out the mass R :/

Did anybody from a January or later interview get wait-listed today?

Yeah one of the people who got waitlisted today said they interviewed in February.
Totally missed that. Thank you! Now I see why everyone is bummed out and thinking a rejection is imminent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any new news for anyone today?

Nothing yet. My heart jumped out of my chest when Comcast called me ten minutes ago though :(

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea how many are on the list? Wondering if I should move forward with the acceptance I have and starting making plans for housing.

MSAR says 60 people were on the waitlist for the 16-17 cycle and 20ish were admitted. Someone earlier said about 20-25 got off the WL during the past couple years.No clue how the new traffic rules will affect this though.

Crossing fingers we're in the top ~20! Last year waitlist notices did not go out all at once and some got WL notices later, so maybe that's a sign we're in the upper third? Assuming this is the first wave of WL this cycle.

I'm moving on with my housing plans for the school I'm planning to attend as of now. If an acceptance happens here, then it happens when it does. We just have to be patient :)

Still nothing? Just give me my R already so I can move on with my life! :(

Reactions: 4 users
I called yesterday and they said they weren’t done with decisions.

Reactions: 7 users
MSAR says 60 people were on the waitlist for the 16-17 cycle and 20ish were admitted. Someone earlier said about 20-25 got off the WL during the past couple years.No clue how the new traffic rules will affect this though.

Crossing fingers we're in the top ~20! Last year waitlist notices did not go out all at once and some got WL notices later, so maybe that's a sign we're in the upper third? Assuming this is the first wave of WL this cycle.

I'm moving on with my housing plans for the school I'm planning to attend as of now. If an acceptance happens here, then it happens when it does. We just have to be patient :)

Where in the MSAR does it show how many people get waitlisted and how many of those are accepted?? I just searched through every section multiple times and found none of that info.

Where in the MSAR does it show how many people get waitlisted and how many of those are accepted?? I just searched through every section multiple times and found none of that info.

Looked it up on my phone and it's under waitlist info

Anyone hear through the grapevine about any more waitlist/acceptance notifications this week? I Interviewed in October and the wait is starting to really wear on me :(

I heard they’ve begun awarding full scholarships to a few students so far

Is it weird that there hasn't been any extended contact post-interview? I know a lot of schools have assigned WL for months now, and I'm worried that at this point no contact essentially implies it. Should we expect an email that formally moves us to the WL group?

Is it weird that there hasn't been any extended contact post-interview? I know a lot of schools have assigned WL for months now, and I'm worried that at this point no contact essentially implies it. Should we expect an email that formally moves us to the WL group?
I don’t necessarily think it’s weird. Every school has a different process and we will all know soon enough if UNLV is where we will be starting July. I think everyone who interviewed can expect something soon about if they’re waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. (Let’s just hope it’s the accepted )

Based on past threads, I think UNLV waits until the last wave of interviews before deciding who to waitlst/reject, while picking out who to accept throughout the cycle. So there's a trickle of As, trickle of WLs around March, then mass Rs at the end.

So no new news? Are the rest of us expecting rejections next week or does anyone think that there is still hope.

I'm having a hard time using the portal to see where they would update our status. All I see is the document where I submitted my secondary app.

I'm having a hard time using the portal to see where they would update our status. All I see is the document where I submitted my secondary app.

If you have an update a decision section will appear like “events” and “checklist” which will have a decision letter. That’s how I was able to view the alternate decision

Still no news I guess? Not sure if I should just assume I got the R at this point but it’s looking more and more like it since I’ve had zero response from them since my interview lol

Me as the silent treatment before my R drags on:
B7290658-CC37-4785-B049-BE678E7E447B-14887-00000FC0053BCA52.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
So I just called and she said all decisions have not gone out yet and to be patient

Sigh, idk if that just means all rejections havent been sent out or what lol

So I just called and she said all decisions have not gone out yet and to be patient

Sigh, idk if that just means all rejections havent been sent out or what lol
Are there anymore acceptances to be sent out?

She just Said not all “decisions” have been sent out so not sure how you want to take that. I felt rude pressing for more so I didn’t but kind of wish I did at this point haha

Anyone else feel free to call too and let us know though! She was very nice :)

I think per AAMC rules, they’ve had to at least send out 60 acceptances. My theory is they are holding off on sending out more than 60, to see how many people they will lose after second look(April 5th) and traffic day(April 30th). They might be wanting to see how deep they need to build the waitlist with the new rules. Alternatively, they might be having trouble ranking the remaining 240 applicants. Regardless of their decision, all of you are capable of becoming great physicians!

Waitlisted today!! I'm an in-state student who interviewed in February. Good luck to everyone else!

Waitlisted today!! I'm an in-state student who interviewed in February. Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know. Any OOS peeps on the waitlist?

IS, LizzyM 70 very decent EAs. Interviewed in Sep, dead silence since then. :)

Before submitting my primary app last June, I emailed about a few questions I had, but never got any response. Getting through by phone didn't seem to work either. I re-emailed those same questions over the last year a few times. Again, no reply. (The questions did not get answered at Interview day either.)
They did respond very quickly when I emailed about a technical glitch regarding my secondary. That was resolved immediately.
Has anyone else had issues corresponding with their office?