2018-2019 University of Nevada-Reno

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for those who have interviewed! Just want to make sure I have the information right, since it was never in writing.
I believe they said that we could send an update letter after our interview, as long as it was before November 1st. Is that correct?
Are any of you sending an update, or have you already? Did you just write an email, or did you save a letter as a pdf or something and attach it to the email?
Thanks!

Also wondering if there is a November 1st deadline for updates. I don't remember them saying that at the interview, but want to know if that is true!

Members don't see this ad.

Also wondering if there is a November 1st deadline for updates. I don't remember them saying that at the interview, but want to know if that is true!

I have written down that updates are accepted by the first week of December. This is something that was told to us during the brief session after the MMI circuit.

Reactions: 1 user
I have written down that updates are accepted by the first week of December. This is something that was told to us during the brief session after the MMI circuit.
Maybe that is true! I wrote down Nov. 1 and I believe they said it during the info session before the MMIs started, but I could have misheard. Anyways, I sent them a letter last week and they responded that it had been added to my file.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the first round of acceptances/ waitlist / rejections come out dec 15?

It will be today or Monday for this month. Typically they go out around 11am, but with new people in admissions (Pat Romney has retired I believe) who knows what time now.

given they waited this long, i would not doubt if it were monday o_O

Accepted by Email! Interviewed First week of August!

Just got emailed an acceptance today! Interviewed early august

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess they are giving out decisions at different times for us all? I'm hoping they let us know if we are wait listed. I'm an August interviewee who applied as an in-state applicant, will I hear back today regardless of my admission status?

Reactions: 1 users
For those who were accepted, did you receive a background check email from AAMC?

Any news yet for anyone? It has been too quiet for a new round of acceptances.

Reactions: 4 users
Nothing, very hopeful.

Maybe we haven't heard anything because we are on the waitlist, and those that are accepted are not active on SDN?

I emailed Admissions and they said OOS will hear after Feb 1... so I’m assuming we would hear on Feb 15

Nope. Literal silence since August. Didn't get any mail with a rejection or WL either.

We were told in August that only accepted applicants would hear back. I guess no news is good news for now. One medical student I work with at Touro said the bulk of acceptances go out in January.

We were told in August that only accepted applicants would hear back. I guess no news is good news for now. One medical student I work with at Touro said the bulk of acceptances go out in January.

That might be December for this cycle then since January is usually the first round of acceptances. Welp. Not holding out hope for this school. They've kept me in limbo for way too long.

I haven’t heard anything either. It’s also snowing in Reno right now. So who knows? Some applicants received e-mails in October noting that Pat was retiring. Some did not. We will all find out one way or the other.

I haven’t heard anything either. It’s also snowing in Reno right now. So who knows? Some applicants received e-mails in October noting that Pat was retiring. Some did not. We will all find out one way or the other.

Doesn't seem like anyone heard back today. I guess that's good news?

Rejected post-interview, IS. Feeling the burn

Sorry to hear about those who got rejected. Has anyone heard of any acceptances today?

Has anyone who was accepted in December hear about the second look day yet?

How are you notified if you're accepted? A mail or a call or email?

Does anyone have access to the MSAR? Are the stats for the current M1 class listed there? I am so curious to know everything about the GPA range for our class, mainly because I wonder how mine skewed it!

I'm not sure which class the data in there is for but, for what they label as "all matriculated students":
Total GPA:
3.69 median, 10th-90th percentile range is 3.25 to 3.93, 25th to 75th percentile range is 3.52 to 3.86
Science GPA:
3.62 median, 10th-90th percentile range is 3.12 to 3.95, 25th to 75th percentile range is 3.39 to 3.84
Hope that helps c:

Accepted OOS LM 71! I’m probably going to commit to another school so I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Spoke too soon, received the R just now via email! OOS & interviewed in September (I think?), it's been way too long ago and it was hard to wait till now for a decision lol. But it's okay, all is well :) Just glad that I don't have to wait to hear from UNR any longer