2018-2019 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
hahahahha 1/24 right here welp see you guys Monday on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
+1 for 1/23 interview waitlist, looks like no one is getting outright accepted, seats must be full for right now. Withdrawing my name though, so best of luck to all of you!

Going by the last couple years of threads no one that interviews in January or beyond gets accepted just waitlisted

While the chances are very low, I do personally know people in current class who got interviewed sometime in Feb and got accepted outright. So keep your heads up!

Super excited to attend one of my top choices. I’m looking for a roommate for the Portland/south Portland/Biddeford/Saco area, please message me if you’re interested in splitting an apartment!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard waitlist movement is very good here - so I would not worry so much. Especially since I personally know people that are currently accepted here but have interviews this month and next for schools they would consider over UNECOM (including myself).

Reactions: 1 user
What happens if you don't pay the second deposit ($1500) by the deadline? Mines due tomorrow but I don't get paid until next week and can't pay it rn... :(
I would give the admissions office a call.

Any communication from admissions for those accepted? What should we be expecting in the near future? Also, after submitting financial aid what do we do next?

What happens if you don't pay the second deposit ($1500) by the deadline? Mines due tomorrow but I don't get paid until next week and can't pay it rn... :(
I would pay via credit card and then pay it off next week when you get paid

Any communication from admissions for those accepted? What should we be expecting in the near future? Also, after submitting financial aid what do we do next?

The only email I’ve received thus far since my acceptance was a confirmation email re: paying the deposit... according to the Facebook group apparently they’ve been having trouble getting things approved to send out.

IMG_8236.JPG

Why did the 1/23 interviewees get their decisions in 2 weeks and the 1/24 still haven't gotten anything

Also WL. I sent my acceptance to be on the WL right away before reading the part that says we can explain why UNECOM if we want to...shoot! I suppose it’s too late now

I wouldn't get too discouraged if you were WLd. Along the interview trail, I've met several people who hold acceptances at UNE and other schools (and are still undecided). I'd anticipate a lot of movement within the next few months. Stay positive :thumbup:

Reactions: 3 users
Someone invent “un-email” please
FYI if you use google chrome there is an extension for that (though you can only "un-email" in a certain time frame right after you sent it lol)

FYI if you use google chrome there is an extension for that (though you can only "un-email" in a certain time frame right after you sent it lol)
Dammit...i gotta catch up on technology...#grandmalife

what is the housing situation like around here? A lot of places I looked at is around $1000 for a one bedroom is that normal?

what is the housing situation like around here? A lot of places I looked at is around $1000 for a one bedroom is that normal?

I second this. Ideally would like a 1 bedroom but it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of quality housing options and they’re really expensive. Hopefully the document they send out will have better options.

So I didn't get WL but I still haven't heard anything...nothing in spam. Do you think they forgot to send me a WL?

Then email. If you haven’t reached out to them, it’s a good idea to show that initiative

No one on here will be able to tell you your status

I second this. Ideally would like a 1 bedroom but it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of quality housing options and they’re really expensive. Hopefully the document they send out will have better options.
do you know when they will send out the document?

If you log in, the housing document is on one of the sites listed in the email they sent out