2018-2019 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a II on thursday, and scheduled for november. I did not expect it so soon because I literally just submitted my primary/secondary on Monday.... weird.

For those that have interviewed, would scheduling a flight back home at 6PM be okay? My interview is at noon.
Wow you must have killer stats for them to invite you so soon. I’m still for my II since late July.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have hotel recommendations near the campus? Thanks

Hampton Inn Saco/ Biddeford was nice. $107 for the night, complementary breakfast, friendly staff, and about a 10 minute drive to the school (5-6 miles).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, do you feel that UNECOMs board exam pass rates are concerning? The school told us that only those who pass a pre-exam are allowed to take the board examinations and even so only 95% of them pass the COMLEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, do you feel that UNECOMs board exam pass rates are concerning? The school told us that only those who pass a pre-exam are allowed to take the board examinations and even so only 95% of them pass the COMLEX.

I don’t think you should be concerned. We have a 98.8% first time pass rate which is higher than national average. And the number of people that don’t take it is a pretty small number

For COMLEX 1 it is a 94.4% pass rate

COMLEX-USA and Residency Match Results | College of Osteopathic Medicine | University of New England in Maine, Tangier and Online

I wish I knew average scores though.

I see what you’re looking at. The most recent is the data from the class of 2019. The class of 2020 was at that 98.8% number. But either way, they’re above the national average. So long story short, I wouldn’t be concerned. We do well on boards.

Last edited:
Just wondering how long it takes after paying your $55 fee that an II may come? Just paid the fee and want to get an idea of how long this next waiting period is going to be!

Just wondering how long it takes after paying your $55 fee that an II may come? Just paid the fee and want to get an idea of how long this next waiting period is going to be!

3 weeks between submitting payment and receiving II for me

Wow you must have killer stats for them to invite you so soon. I’m still for my II since late July.

Not at all! Hence why I'm really surprised! Really happy and excited though - this is one of my top choices!! Hope you hear back soon!

The interview process here was amazing! My interview went longer and it really was just a fun convversation with some laughter! Really left a good impression on me!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have hotel recommendations near the campus? Thanks
If you’re looking for affordability, I stayed at the Saco Brookside motel. Not the nicest place, but who cares for just 1 night? It was only $55

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II for November 14th! Anyone else going to be there that day?? For those of you that have already interviewed, any tips??

You may be chosen to interview later in the cycle

Quick question about the supplementary questions on the primary, are they using my answers to how many MD and DO schools I applied to as a means of assessing my "commitment" to DO?

Lol yes, don’t think otherwise for a second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t think you should be concerned. We have a 98.8% first time pass rate which is higher than national average. And the number of people that don’t take it is a pretty small number

To add onto this, to my understanding the reason that the very small number of individuals who elect to not take the exam yet is really in their benefit. The last thing you want is to take the exam not prepared. Everyone should remember that sometimes this thing called life can interfere with our education, no matter how good it may be, and that student may need to take some extra time to bounce back from those events. I personally think it is a great trait that our school has these checkpoints. I am just a first year though so the second years may have better opinions on this.

Reactions: 4 users
Aannnd I would also like to just put an opening out there for anyone who has any questions about UNECOM, you can post on here or message me. Sorry I am so late in the cycle. I am a current first year. There were a few current students on here last year that gave me some great advice and I hope to be able to do the same thing. Also, you are all amazing in your own way, remember that.

Reactions: 3 users
The interview process here was amazing! My interview went longer and it really was just a fun convversation with some laughter! Really left a good impression on me!

That's awesome! I have heard from some that it can get interrogative at times, so that's a relief to hear. Do you have any tips?

Have any Canadians been accepted/interviewed this cycle? Message me plzz

That's awesome! I have heard from some that it can get interrogative at times, so that's a relief to hear. Do you have any tips?

That’s definitely the exception, UNE is known for their laid back interviews.

For after the interview (if either applicants or current students can answer), how did you all contact the medical student interviewer? They provided us with contact information for the faculty but I'm realizing there is none for the current students. Thanks all
They have that information on another page as well

Does anybody know where I can find pictures of the facilities at UNE? Their website doesn't have much and I would like to know what the sim !lab, OMM lab, anatomy lab, and lecture halls look like!

Does anybody know where I can find pictures of the facilities at UNE? Their website doesn't have much and I would like to know what the sim !lab, OMM lab, anatomy lab, and lecture halls look like!

Hope this works!

Reactions: 2 users
Got a II on thursday, and scheduled for november. I did not expect it so soon because I literally just submitted my primary/secondary on Monday.... weird.

For those that have interviewed, would scheduling a flight back home at 6PM be okay? My interview is at noon.

Thats what I am doing tomorrow, should be ok

Do you know when the committee meets and/or if they typically send out acceptances on a certain day?
As far as I can tell they've only sent one batch of acceptances so far and it was on a Tuesday.

Interviewed 9/26 and still have heard nothing......they did say they would get back to us "within 4 weeks"

Hi, can anyone, whether someone who interviewed this cycle, or current med student at UNE COM, provide insight on the interview process. What sort of questions do they ask and what’s the best way to prepare? Any specific or difficult questions? Really love everything about this school so far. Thanks in advance!

Hi, can anyone, whether someone who interviewed this cycle, or current med student at UNE COM, provide insight on the interview process. What sort of questions do they ask and what’s the best way to prepare? Any specific or difficult questions? Really love everything about this school so far. Thanks in advance!
I interviewed here and the interview like most have said was really laid back. I had two faculty interview me along with 1 student (3 total interviewers). They all have your file on their computers and will alternate asking you why medicine, DO, this school, etc. and then ask a couple questions about your various experiences. Definitely know your app because they even quoted one of my secondaries and asked me to explain it further! But overall it is very conversational and relaxed, and just be yourself and show why you want to be there and why you are passionate about the things you did

I was asked about a book I recently read and why it was important me me, curveball was “if there was a bumper sticker that summed you up as a person, what would it say?” Utterly pointless questions but they ask them.

I interviewed here and the interview like most have said was really laid back. I had two faculty interview me along with 1 student (3 total interviewers). They all have your file on their computers and will alternate asking you why medicine, DO, this school, etc. and then ask a couple questions about your various experiences. Definitely know your app because they even quoted one of my secondaries and asked me to explain it further! But overall it is very conversational and relaxed, and just be yourself and show why you want to be there and why you are passionate about the things you did

Thank you for the response! I hope mine is laid back as well, I tend to get nervous but will definitely review my app and prepare for these questions.