2018-2019 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist!!! Very unexpected since I think I have to decide by tomorrow? Hopefully that's not the case.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist!!! Very unexpected since I think I have to decide by tomorrow? Hopefully that's not the case.

Congrats!!!

Can I ask if they called or emailed you?

Members don't see this ad :)

Double awesome!

Also, there's no way they can reasonably expect you to make that decision by tomorrow. ...they've gotta make some allowance.

Congratulations, again!!

Reactions: 1 user
Double awesome!

Also, there's no way they can reasonably expect you to make that decision by tomorrow. ...they've gotta make some allowance.

Congratulations, again!!

Thank you so much! I agree; I'm most concerned about the "only one acceptance" rule after April 30th rule. I need to figure that out.

Just committed to enroll. See you guys this summer!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist OOS earlier today! soooo excited!

Anyone know if there’s a class Facebook page?

Reactions: 4 users
Hello All!

A potential UNC applicant for next year here. I was hoping someone could help me with an IS/OOS question. For those who applied or were accepted this year, when did you need to complete and submit the RDS (residency determination)?

Thanks for any info!

Hello All!

A potential UNC applicant for next year here. I was hoping someone could help me with an IS/OOS question. For those who applied or were accepted this year, when did you need to complete and submit the RDS (residency determination)?

Thanks for any info!

I am applying this cycle but i did my residency determination like 4 months ago just to be safe. Not sure what the rules are so I doubt that helps- I feel like as long as you're considered in state by the time you'd theoretically enroll it'd be fine?

Hello All!

Thanks for any info!
This is done with the secondary application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of any more waitlist movement? Wondering if I should hold out hope.

So I was recently accepted off of the waitlist and I am so so grateful for that. Now, though, I’m trying to hear about financial aid - anyone else off the waitlist recieve their financial aid package yet? Or those who were accepted previously, how quickly did you hear about financial aid?

So I was recently accepted off of the waitlist and I am so so grateful for that. Now, though, I’m trying to hear about financial aid - anyone else off the waitlist recieve their financial aid package yet? Or those who were accepted previously, how quickly did you hear about financial aid?

Congrats on your acceptance! I recently got off the waitlist too. I got a scholarship with my acceptance, which then was increased. However, I was told my financial aid package wouldn't be ready until I accepted the offer. It seems UNC may not have need-based aid? I think what I got was only merit because I don't think they have reviewed my financial aid information (i.e. FAFSA).

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your acceptance! I recently got off the waitlist too. I got a scholarship with my acceptance, which then was increased. However, I was told my financial aid package wouldn't be ready until I accepted the offer. It seems UNC may not have need-based aid? I think what I got was only merit because I don't think they have reviewed my financial aid information (i.e. FAFSA).
Yeah I'm not sure if they have need based either or if that comes later. I received a merit scholarship but no need based assistance. The rest was loans

Reactions: 1 users
Is the admissions deposit refundable? I haven’t gotten mine since declining.

It's still moving. Accepted off the waitlist on Friday and have been nonstop laugh-crying like a maniac since!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
was at my public library studying to retake the MCAT when i got a call about my acceptance! don't lose hope, friends!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew my acceptance recently.........(sigh). The best of luck to accepted students and to those on the WL (it's not over until August!). UNC is a special place :).

Got accepted off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take for y’all to get your financial aid packages

Accepted off the waitlist today! IS and have wanted to go to UNC med school since I was 12 :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! IS and have wanted to go to UNC med school since I was 12 :)

Congrats!! Did you get a call? I got a voicemail saying to call them back and that I'd get an email in a couple of days. But they didn't say I was accepted, and they weren't there when I called back.

Congrats!! Did you get a call? I got a voicemail saying to call them back and that I'd get an email in a couple of days. But they didn't say I was accepted, and they weren't there when I called back.
Sorry for the delayed response! I'm sure you've heard back by now but yes -- I got a call and a message but I was out of the country so I didn't see them until after I had already gotten the email :) So I'm sure you're in, congrats!!

Accepted students off the waitlist from 2018 cycle, when were your interview dates?