2018-2019 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You only have to submit Casper if you interview, as long as you’ve taken it you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Do they send IIs without it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like UNC is doing things differently this time around. From the interview I gathered that they are going to send a huge wave of decisions in mid-December. A lot of people who interview close to the end of November-mid December may get deferred since the adcoms haven’t had as much time to review their apps.

Mid-December? Nice, that’s more than they told us on the first interview day. Guess I can relax for a couple of weeks and be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised if it is before then.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they'll still call all of the accepted applicants in December or just send updates through the portal?

Y'all, I don't know if I missed something but does anyone know what time interviews start tomorrow? Didn't receive anything in the confirmation other than "we'll see you 11/30" and the location...

Y'all, I don't know if I missed something but does anyone know what time interviews start tomorrow? Didn't receive anything in the confirmation other than "we'll see you 11/30" and the location...
I'm fairly confident it starts at 08:00am!

Reactions: 1 user
They said they'll release admissions decisions in December. Hopefully that's tomorrow? :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to be clear, were you at the interview session today? Did they confirm that decisions will be released in December? Also did they mention if everyone who has interviewed prior to December will be hearing back?
No, sorry! I interviewed in Late September and they just said December back then.

Just to be clear, were you at the interview session today? Did they confirm that decisions will be released in December? Also did they mention if everyone who has interviewed prior to December will be hearing back?
They said everyone who has interviewed before December will be hearing back. But many late interviewees (Nov) should expect to get a "deferred" which means they haven't had a chance to review the apps yet so don't be disappointed.

20+ Secondaries later, and this has been my only interview this cycle.

Going to instantly barf when I see that email notification this month, good news or bad.

Reactions: 8 users
20+ Secondaries later, and this has been my only interview this cycle.

Going to instantly barf when I see that email notification this month, good news or bad.
Heard from last year that the acceptance was a phone call! So it might be the same this year :)

Reactions: 1 users
They said everyone who has interviewed before December will be hearing back. But many late interviewees (Nov) should expect to get a "deferred" which means they haven't had a chance to review the apps yet so don't be disappointed.
I called them and they said that this wasn't true.

When I called admissions they said that they will BEGIN releasing decisions in December and not that everyone will hear back that interviewed before December.
Wow. That is a big difference! I'm just confused because I thought the director of admissions had told us that we would def hear back in December. That was probably wishful thinking on my part though lolz They probably did say they will start releasing in December :laugh:

Wow. That is a big difference! I'm just confused because I thought the director of admissions had told us that we would def hear back in December. That was probably wishful thinking on my part though lolz They probably did say they will start releasing in December :laugh:
I don't know what to believe anymore. I feel like we're all getting different answers. I just hope we hear goods news this month. All I want for Christmas is a UNC acceptance

Reactions: 5 users
I don't know what to believe anymore. I feel like we're all getting different answers. I just hope we hear goods news this month. All I want for Christmas is a UNC acceptance
Well it would make sense for those who interviewed between August and November to hear back in December first because our group interviewed so late. I don't think we will hear back anytime before January or even February

On the first interview day the director said that no one will hear back before December, they said nothing about when we would all hear by.

@golgibutterfly I asked if they were more likely to accept someone who interviewed earlier.

I have also heard that they will start releasing notifications in December but that does not at all mean that everyone will know within December. Me für instance, I interviewed so recently, I'm not expecting to hear anything well into January.

I called them and they said that this wasn't true.

During my interview, that's exactly what they said. They said we'll get one of three responses: accepted, rejected, or deferred (either didn't have time to review the file yet (late interview) or will keep considering for admissions).

EDIT: The person said, and I quote: "At least you'll hear something." I interviewed in November.

During my interview, that's exactly what they said. They said we'll get one of three responses: accepted, rejected, or deferred (either didn't have time to review the file yet (late interview) or will keep considering for admissions).

EDIT: The person said, and I quote: "At least you'll hear something." I interviewed in November.

When I interviewed in October, that’s what they said “You’ll hear from us in December.” I took that as one of the 3 options

Y’all let’s all take a breather here lol. I still recall one of the first emails saying decisions will be given in Dec, Jan, and Feb, and that definitely everyone will know by April.

Reactions: 3 users
@golgibutterfly I asked if they were more likely to accept someone who interviewed earlier.

I have also heard that they will start releasing notifications in December but that does not at all mean that everyone will know within December. Me für instance, I interviewed so recently, I'm not expecting to hear anything well into January.
same here! I don't expect to hear back anytime soon either

What did they say about people who interviewed earlier? I imagine it doesn’t make a difference for at least the first couple of months.

When I interviewed in October, that’s what they said “You’ll hear from us in December.” I took that as one of the 3 options
I interviewed in November and the director of admissions specifically said that everyone will get at least an update in mid-December. Expecting a deferral but I remember another interviewee asking this specific question.

I interviewed in November and the director of admissions specifically said that everyone will get at least an update in mid-December. Expecting a deferral but I remember another interviewee asking this specific question.
Interviewed in October and was told the same thing.

II just now. This is so validating.

Reactions: 11 users
II as well. IS. LM 67. Complete mid August. Latest interview days I saw were early February.

Reactions: 6 users
+1 on the II, complete mid-July. I had almost given up hope for this one!

Reactions: 5 users
Heard from last year that the acceptance was a phone call! So it might be the same this year :)

Please tell me only acceptance is a phone call... I do not want to subject an adcom to the sound of me trying to hold it together if I got an R lol

Reactions: 7 users
Be careful with that. I’ve interviewed at UNC, haven’t heard anything from Brody.

I'm the opposite lol. I interviewed at Brody and still haven't heard anything back from UNC (I submitted Brody like 2 days earlier though)

Has anyone had a chance to ask who will hear back when? Kinda frustrated about this process right now.

People who have interviewed already, what does your Application Status say?

Nothing. It just says my app was submitted and they received my payment for the secondary. Basically the same as it's always looked since I submitted.

Reactions: 3 users
The only thing on my application status page is "Payment received" even though I interviewed in October. When I was initially offered an interview, a link appeared on this page, but it disappeared once I scheduled the interview.

Ok, I'm definitely tripping then. Ready for this level of paranoia?
So like right under Application Status it says School of Medicine, and I got 2 emails in my spam folder from Ellucian about a change to my email and I know it had something to do with UNC because they couldn't fit both of my last names on my name tag on interview day so I managed to talk myself into thinking that somehow my application status had changed.

Anyways, have a great Friday everyone.

Ok, I'm definitely tripping then. Ready for this level of paranoia?
So like right under Application Status it says School of Medicine, and I got 2 emails in my spam folder from Ellucian about a change to my email and I know it had something to do with UNC because they couldn't fit both of my last names on my name tag on interview day so I managed to talk myself into thinking that somehow my application status had changed.

Anyways, have a great Friday everyone.
So your status doesn't say accepted, payment received, etc, it just says School of Medicine?

Last edited: