Sep 17, 2018
So are we thinking they’ll wait until after the Dec 7th interview then release the first round of acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Hopefully! I hope that we will really hear back in December. Looking at past threads it seems like UNC sometimes takes a while longer to get back to applicants. Just don't want to get my hopes up...already seeing myself clinging to my phone/email all month

sk1791

2+ Year Member
May 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hopefully! I hope that we will really hear back in December. Looking at past threads it seems like UNC sometimes takes a while longer to get back to applicants. Just don't want to get my hopes up...already seeing myself clinging to my phone/email all month
Seems like UNC is doing things differently this time around. From the interview I gathered that they are going to send a huge wave of decisions in mid-December. A lot of people who interview close to the end of November-mid December may get deferred since the adcoms haven’t had as much time to review their apps.

Nov 26, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
You only have to submit Casper if you interview, as long as you’ve taken it you should be fine.

Do they send IIs without it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Carolina23

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Seems like UNC is doing things differently this time around. From the interview I gathered that they are going to send a huge wave of decisions in mid-December. A lot of people who interview close to the end of November-mid December may get deferred since the adcoms haven’t had as much time to review their apps.
Mid-December? Nice, that’s more than they told us on the first interview day. Guess I can relax for a couple of weeks and be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised if it is before then.

Oct 4, 2018
Status
Do you guys think they'll still call all of the accepted applicants in December or just send updates through the portal?

Jun 21, 2017
Y'all, I don't know if I missed something but does anyone know what time interviews start tomorrow? Didn't receive anything in the confirmation other than "we'll see you 11/30" and the location...

Detective SnowBucket

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
About to head to the interview in an hour, will I meet any of you there?

Oct 4, 2018
Status

yangster1996

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2015
Status
Just to be clear, were you at the interview session today? Did they confirm that decisions will be released in December? Also did they mention if everyone who has interviewed prior to December will be hearing back?
No, sorry! I interviewed in Late September and they just said December back then.

Oct 2, 2018
Just to be clear, were you at the interview session today? Did they confirm that decisions will be released in December? Also did they mention if everyone who has interviewed prior to December will be hearing back?
They said everyone who has interviewed before December will be hearing back. But many late interviewees (Nov) should expect to get a "deferred" which means they haven't had a chance to review the apps yet so don't be disappointed.

Reactions: pirategirl2010

Detective SnowBucket

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They said everyone who has interviewed before December will be hearing back. But many late interviewees (Nov) should expect to get a "deferred" which means they haven't had a chance to review the apps yet so don't be disappointed.
I called them and they said that this wasn't true.

Oct 4, 2018
Status
which part?
When I called admissions they said that they will BEGIN releasing decisions in December and not that everyone will hear back that interviewed before December.

Sep 17, 2018
When I called admissions they said that they will BEGIN releasing decisions in December and not that everyone will hear back that interviewed before December.
Wow. That is a big difference! I'm just confused because I thought the director of admissions had told us that we would def hear back in December. That was probably wishful thinking on my part though lolz They probably did say they will start releasing in December :laugh:

Oct 4, 2018
Status
Wow. That is a big difference! I'm just confused because I thought the director of admissions had told us that we would def hear back in December. That was probably wishful thinking on my part though lolz They probably did say they will start releasing in December :laugh:
I don't know what to believe anymore. I feel like we're all getting different answers. I just hope we hear goods news this month. All I want for Christmas is a UNC acceptance

Sep 17, 2018
I don't know what to believe anymore. I feel like we're all getting different answers. I just hope we hear goods news this month. All I want for Christmas is a UNC acceptance
Well it would make sense for those who interviewed between August and November to hear back in December first because our group interviewed so late. I don't think we will hear back anytime before January or even February

Carolina23

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
On the first interview day the director said that no one will hear back before December, they said nothing about when we would all hear by.

Reactions: golgibutterfly

Detective SnowBucket

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
@golgibutterfly I asked if they were more likely to accept someone who interviewed earlier.

I have also heard that they will start releasing notifications in December but that does not at all mean that everyone will know within December. Me für instance, I interviewed so recently, I'm not expecting to hear anything well into January.

Aug 18, 2018
Status
I called them and they said that this wasn't true.
During my interview, that's exactly what they said. They said we'll get one of three responses: accepted, rejected, or deferred (either didn't have time to review the file yet (late interview) or will keep considering for admissions).

EDIT: The person said, and I quote: "At least you'll hear something." I interviewed in November.

Jul 24, 2018
During my interview, that's exactly what they said. They said we'll get one of three responses: accepted, rejected, or deferred (either didn't have time to review the file yet (late interview) or will keep considering for admissions).

EDIT: The person said, and I quote: "At least you'll hear something." I interviewed in November.
When I interviewed in October, that’s what they said “You’ll hear from us in December.” I took that as one of the 3 options

Sep 17, 2018
@golgibutterfly I asked if they were more likely to accept someone who interviewed earlier.

I have also heard that they will start releasing notifications in December but that does not at all mean that everyone will know within December. Me für instance, I interviewed so recently, I'm not expecting to hear anything well into January.
same here! I don't expect to hear back anytime soon either

Carolina23

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

What did they say about people who interviewed earlier? I imagine it doesn’t make a difference for at least the first couple of months.

Aug 6, 2018
When I interviewed in October, that’s what they said “You’ll hear from us in December.” I took that as one of the 3 options
I interviewed in November and the director of admissions specifically said that everyone will get at least an update in mid-December. Expecting a deferral but I remember another interviewee asking this specific question.

Oct 4, 2018
Status
People who have interviewed already, what does your Application Status say?
Nothing. It just says my app was submitted and they received my payment for the secondary. Basically the same as it's always looked since I submitted.