2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also putting down a deposit this week :) I can't seem to find a Facebook group if there is one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also putting down a deposit this week :) I can't seem to find a Facebook group if there is one.

Earlier on the forum I asked about the Facebook group, and one person said it usually comes up around Feb.! Yay I can't wait to meet all of you :)

Reactions: 2 users
After submitting your deposit, did you receive any additional information? Or is that coming this spring too?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After submitting your deposit, did you receive any additional information? Or is that coming this spring too?

I only received a confirmation email confirming that I paid the deposit in full. Otherwise, I have received nothing in terms of the checklist we have to complete for matriculation. I hope that is coming soon! It is on their website, so that has been helpful to look at in preparation for everything coming (background checks, immunizations, etc. etc.).

Dropping my acceptance from kycom! It was an amazing school, the students and staff were warm and welcoming, but it wasn’t for me! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have a interview on February 22. Those who have gotten accepted can you give me some insight into what the interview questions can be?

I have a interview on February 22. Those who have gotten accepted can you give me some insight into what the interview questions can be?

Sure. I was asked what I like to do for fun, foods I like to eat, etc.... it’s so chill that it’s not worth even stressing about!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dropping my acceptance from kycom! It was an amazing school, the students and staff were warm and welcoming, but it wasn’t for me! Good luck everyone!

What school did you end up choosing?

I got a call around 9 this morning from the dean's phone but missed it. I called back on my break but only the receptionist was there. I'm assuming this is an acceptance but I'll have to call admissions when I get off work.

Silent since July after secondary submission. Is this bad news? Does KYCOM accept updates?

Silent since July after secondary submission. Is this bad news? Does KYCOM accept updates?
I recommend giving Ronnie a call or email. I thought I was rejected until I emailed him and he responded this week with a interview invite.

I recommend giving Ronnie a call or email. I thought I was rejected until I emailed him and he responded this week with a interview invite.
This is amazing! Congrats on your II! Did you know if your app was lost in the pile or just took a long time to be reviewed?

II today! Although there weren't any dates available until 2/22/19. Does anyone know if we're allowed to sign up for a date and then change it? I'm just concerned it might be too late...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you phrase your email?

Dropped my acceptance today. Loved the school and people there so much though. best of luck to everyone there!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Sounds like they’re experience phone service issues that are delaying calls. Guess we 11/30 folks can hold out hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like they’re experience phone service issues that are delaying calls. Guess we 11/30 folks can hold out hope.
For people that have not gotten the call, has your portal updated yet to show a deposit tab

How safe is running in Pikeville? Are there lots of places to go if you’re training for half marathons or marathons?

Just put down my deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone interviewing March 8?

It sounds so late but at least it’s something...

Submitted my secondary on 9/29
Just received II, interviewing 3/8

Just received and invite for March 8. I am curious if I am interviewing for a waitlist position. Anybody have any info on if this interview is too late? Thank you!

If you're flying have you bought tickets yet? Anyone want to try to coordinate and carpool if coming from OOS?

I'm coming from WI and am trying to see if I should drive the 10 hours instead of flying...Not sure yet though!

Just received and invite for March 8. I am curious if I am interviewing for a waitlist position. Anybody have any info on if this interview is too late? Thank you!

I doubt you’re interviewing just to be waitlisted. However, if it’s a school you want to attend, is I’d go regardless because plenty of people come off the waitlist.

I'm coming from WI and am trying to see if I should drive the 10 hours instead of flying...Not sure yet though!
I drove 8 hours from MI. It’s really easy from Lexington, so if getting to Lexington isn’t a bad drive, I’d just drive all the way. I didn’t think it was worth flying and having to rent a car to drive 2 hours from any of the “close” airports.

Interview scheduled for 2/8

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
How do you find out if you’ve been rejected or waitlisted? I interviewed11/30 and never heard anything back.