2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take for this school to send secondaries? I sent a primary but haven't heard since

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for this school to send secondaries? I sent a primary but haven't heard since

I think it varies. I received a secondary the day after I submitted my primary. I’ve read that it took some people awhile to receive a secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
They screen all primary applications prior to sending out a secondary but you can always call or email Ronnie if you are concerned.

Interview invite today, ecstatic! Complete 9/28 dates open are 10/26, 9/30 and some in January

Reactions: 1 users
Just spoke with Ronnie. My letters didn’t download from AACOMAS. He’s sending my app to IT to get them to fix it. Fingers crossed

How long after your secondary is submitted did you wait to ask Ronnie for an update on your application status? I don’t want to look spastic and contact him to soon.

How long after your secondary is submitted did you wait to ask Ronnie for an update on your application status? I don’t want to look spastic and contact him to soon.

Give it about 3-4 weeks, I think they said 2-3 weeks on the email

Did anyone ever receive a completed email?

I got this email on 9/26...”
This is notify you that your application for admissions to Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine has been successfully submitted.

Upon completion of your application, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.”

Never received anything else. What should I do?

I was complete on October 2nd. Is it a good idea to ask for an update?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you all think more interview dates will open up? Current there is just 1 in November and the rest are in January.

I might give it a little more time. Mine was complete for about a month before they send me an II.

Members don't see this ad :)

I asked for an update because my letters weren’t updated still so I knew there was an issue.

Hey guys, since we are on the topic. I submitted my primary about two weeks ago; I never received ANY kind of email about it. I do not have my committee letter yet (they've been working on it for two months). Would this cause my application to not be complete or for some reason not even get any kind of email of submission?

EDIT: I figure it would not be "complete," but I still thought I would receive an email that it was submitted.

Hey guys, since we are on the topic. I submitted my primary about two weeks ago; I never received ANY kind of email about it. I do not have my committee letter yet (they've been working on it for two months). Would this cause my application to not be complete or for some reason not even get any kind of email of submission?

EDIT: I figure it would not be "complete," but I still thought I would receive an email that it was submitted.

So I think you will get an email stating the secondary has been submitted. Then you receive another compete email.

Never got a complete email. just checked my portal and a new tab for interview is on it. Just signed up for an interview. I'm not sure why I am not receiving emails. I have tried to contact Ronnie a couple times and can never get a hold of him.

So I think you will get an email stating the secondary has been submitted. Then you receive another compete email.

I do not have a secondary; I guess what I'm trying to ask is should I be concerned that I did not receive any kind of email after I submitted my primary?

I do not have a secondary; I guess what I'm trying to ask is should I be concerned that I did not receive any kind of email after I submitted my primary?

Oh no I don't think so, I think they have a preference for rural/Appalachian students initially. So maybe they're just screening through applications right now.

Hello, just recieved an interview invite. I am scheduled for Nov. 30th. Can anyone offer me their experience?

Hello, just recieved an interview invite. I am scheduled for Nov. 30th. Can anyone offer me their experience?
Very conversational, a 2 on 1 interview (30 min or so), campus tour, chatting with current students. Very relaxed day.

The students and staff will do everything to make you feel comfortable and excited! The interview is very laid back and the staff just want to get to know you better and ask questions about your app. Just be yourself and you will do great!

My girlfriend had this exact problem, submitted secondary in august and had not heard anything for over a month, she decided to call Ronnie and he realized there was a sending error with the email. He sent it again, she completed the secondary that night, he expedited review for her. She received an II the next day. Don't be afraid to call!

Best of luck!

Interviewed here last Friday. REALLY nice people, laid-back interview, med students were very helpful.

Reactions: 4 users
II received today! Interviewing January 11th.
OOS Applicant
3.43 sgpa, 499 MCAT, 3,000 hours of hands-on experiences/employment, 300+ volunteer, 500+ shadowing (2 DOs, 3 MDs), lots of ECs and Immunology TA experience, 6 LORs.

Reactions: 2 users
The students and staff will do everything to make you feel comfortable and excited! The interview is very laid back and the staff just want to get to know you better and ask questions about your app. Just be yourself and you will do great!
Do you know how my chances are if I got an interview? Lowkey doubting myself, but I really want to go here. My essays really expressed an interest in the school and serving the underserved. My stats are GPA 3.9 and 501 mcat and I also have research experience

Accepted today! Got the call around 12 and interviewed 10/19!

Reactions: 3 users
How did you like Pikeville and did you fly into Lexington?
Pikeville is awesome! The community is definitely growing and campus is really nice. I’m an in-state student so I drove about 2 1/2 hours.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today! :D
I interviewed October 19th. I submitted my secondary September 9th and heard back for an interview about a week later.

Accepted today!! Got the call around 11 am and couldn't have been more excited.
Interviewed on 10/19. Application complete 8/24 II on 8/29.

Do you know how my chances are if I got an interview? Lowkey doubting myself, but I really want to go here. My essays really expressed an interest in the school and serving the underserved. My stats are GPA 3.9 and 501 mcat and I also have research experience
Good chances- let me know if you have any specific questions

So since their deposit is due by December 14th (I think) what does everyone do? I still haven't heard back from 22 schools and December 14th seems like a really early deadline. Do people just put the deposit down and if they decide to go somewhere else just lose it?

So since their deposit is due by December 14th (I think) what does everyone do? I still haven't heard back from 22 schools and December 14th seems like a really early deadline. Do people just put the deposit down and if they decide to go somewhere else just lose it?
The deadline may be different for those who are accepted later. If that is the deadline they gave you then yes, if you are pretty sure it’s where you want to go put down the deposit. It’s better to be out $1000 than not get into school at all in my opinion. Plus it comes off your tuition if you attend so it’s nice if you end up at KYCOM.

Got an e-mail on 9/26/18:
This is notify you that your application for admissions to Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine has been successfully submitted.

Upon completion of your application, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Heard nothing since then and my application checklist has everything checked off...I suppose it'd take longer since I submitted late and they probably have thousands of applications to go through? Just getting worried that maybe something's missing...

MCAT 507, cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.2

Did anyone ever receive a completed email?

I got this email on 9/26...”

Upon completion of your application, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.”

Never received anything else. What should I do?

Just posted the exact same concern! I got that e-mail on the same date as well. I just e-mailed KYCOM cause...I'm a ball of anxiety...!

Any current students want to give input on living situations? when should someone who is planning on coming start looking to get the best deals on apartments?

Any current students want to give input on living situations? when should someone who is planning on coming start looking to get the best deals on apartments?

I definitely want to know this too! Is it okay to wait until the Facebook page is created in February to look for roommates and find housing then? And since we start at the end of July, how does housing work? Adding on to your question

Last edited:
I suggest waiting for the FB group. Also do not use Craig’s list as there are scammers on there. There will be a lot of current 2nd years leaving for rotations and spots will open up. Most ppl usually have no issue with finding housing but the earlier you start looking the better options you will have. When the FB group gets started, there will be a list of landlords on it who usually only rent to med students and there is a company called Adams Corporation already on FB that you can check out. Hope that helps!

Got an e-mail on 9/26/18:

Upon completion of your application, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Heard nothing since then and my application checklist has everything checked off...I suppose it'd take longer since I submitted late and they probably have thousands of applications to go through? Just getting worried that maybe something's missing...

MCAT 507, cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.2

I was told by Ronnie Collins the admissions director that they screen at 3.25 gpa and 498 MCAT. Not sure if it will apply to you since you have a solid MCAT, but I would contact them.

I was told by Ronnie Collins the admissions director that they screen at 3.25 gpa and 498 MCAT. Not sure if it will apply to you since you have a solid MCAT, but I would contact them.
Thanks! I e-mailed him and am waiting for a response...

Does this school silent reject? I interviewed 10/19, zero communication since then. I see people from my date have gotten calls already

I interviewed here on the 19th. You have a higher GPA than mine but a slightly lower MCAT score. Everything you have said seems to fit their averages and their mission. Just make sure to be yourself, they are really trying to get to know you beyond what is in your application. The interview was very relaxed and conversational and everyone there is extremely nice.
While I was there Ronnie said they interview only 10% of the applicants they get. He said that is between 3,000-4,000 so they interview about 300-400 applicants and the class size is about 135. They accept more than that because applicants will get offers to others schools. If you got an interview, they are already extremely interested in you attending their school. They will also get back to you about the decision quickly. I got my acceptance call less than a week after my interview. Good luck and just relax!!

I talked to Ronnie yesterday and he said I should hear something by this weekend even though I submitted my secondary monday? Is this usual? that seems pretty darn speedy!