2018-2019 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m still on continue to evaluate status but had my FAFSA sent to usc a few months ago and received an email saying I had incomplete information or something even though I haven’t been accepted.
Okay, I received a “your fafsa has been received and processed” email. Thanks for the response!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats, have you picked a school or just narrowing your acceptance list?
Just narrowing it down! I'm down to 2 potentials that I like a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning! OOS, LM 67. Interviewed 2/27. Pretty surprised about the quick turnaround but I'm super pumped.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when the committee meets or when the wait list info will be released?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when the committee meets or when the wait list info will be released?
I don’t know about this year, but previously the waitlist went out at the end of March/beginning of April.

Interviewed in February and received a rejection letter (IS). I just wanted y’all and future applicants to know that not everyone gets the “hold” letter. Good luck!

Does anyone know exactly what it means to have “highly rated” mentioned in the continuing to evaluate letter?

Does anyone know exactly what it means to have “highly rated” mentioned in the continuing to evaluate letter?

No—I’m beginning to wonder if everyone has “highly rated” in their letters though. Anyone have anything different? Or am I going down the wrong rabbit hole? Haha

No—I’m beginning to wonder if everyone has “highly rated” in their letters though. Anyone have anything different? Or am I going down the wrong rabbit hole? Haha
I got highly rated, but others haven’t in the past. So they do have a rating system of some kind. Not everyone gets highly rated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got highly rated, but others haven’t in the past. So they do have a rating system of some kind. Not everyone gets highly rated.

Ooooh okay l, I just didn’t know if they were trying to make us feel better haha. Does anyone happen to know when the next round of decisions will be made/released?

I received a “continued to be evaluated” letter without mentioning being highly rated.

if anyone finds a link to the fb group (If one is created) pls let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
anybody accepted off the hold list? Or is that something that more happens once the waitlist is released?
Ive been on hold since November and getting pretty anxious!

anybody accepted off the hold list? Or is that something that more happens once the waitlist is released?
Ive been on hold since November and getting pretty anxious!
I’m in your boat too. I’ve kinda come to the conclusion from talking to people who got in last year that they send out a mass acceptance at the very end and then make the waitlist. But people don’t get accepted after their initial review. But that’s speculation. I’ve been waiting since October and I’m OOS. I got highly rated but I’m not sure how much weight that holds for us OOS students.

Maaaan. Anyone have any idea when they could possibly release any decisions?
My letter from Dr. Thornhill said that if I do not hear from them by the end of March, he will update me in April of the current status of my application and whether I have been assigned to the waiting list. So, I imagine they should start notifying more people in the next 2-4 weeks.

Anyone have word on a Facebook page? I can make it if there's enough interest, I figure we'll have to have one in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have word on a Facebook page? I can make it if there's enough interest, I figure we'll have to have one in the next couple of weeks.

I think the M1 class (my class) is supposed to make it, just so we can give you guys some guidance. I'll reach out to the class officers. We've had a crazy exam schedule this semester

Update: don't make a facebook page. One of our student organizations is responsible for that but right now they're waiting to transfer leadership positions down to M1s. Should be in the next few weeks

Anyone know when the last interview day is? Based on last years thread, it seems that the final acceptances/wait list came out pretty soon after this day.... I want to say off of the top of my head the last interview was 03/28 last year.

Anyone know when the last interview day is? Based on last years thread, it seems that the final acceptances/wait list came out pretty soon after this day.... I want to say off of the top of my head the last interview was 03/28 last year.

I know for sure that yesterday was Columbia's last interview day. I'm under the same impression as you based on last year. Good luck to all!!!

Any idea when Columbia will notify the on hold applicants about waitlist/acceptance/rejection?

Also waitlisted. Wonder when they’ll email the tier placement, or is that something you have to contact them to find out?

Is it typical for them to send out that google poll-like form to fill out to join the waitlist? Seems strange to me. You’d think it would be a massive list, unless they truly rejected many individuals following interviews and the final acceptance list. I assume we won’t find out our third of the waitlist, then, until April 15th? Since that’s the deadline to respond to that form?

There was no form last year. I am guessing the form was placed this year because of the new traffic rules.

Has anybody asked what tier they are yet and gotten a response? I imagine a bunch of people have and I feel like they are swamped with emails but I'm dying to know.

Has anybody asked what tier they are yet and gotten a response? I imagine a bunch of people have and I feel like they are swamped with emails but I'm dying to know.
I got the alternate email and sent an email asking about what tier I’m on but haven’t heard back yet.

If they’re letting students choose whether to be on the waitlist or not up til April 15th, i’d be willing to bet they won’t be able to discern tiers until April 15th or closer to then. Fingers crossed I’m wrong!

Waitlist here, keep us posted if you here back about waitlist positions.

Waitlisted - middle third. Kinda bummed about that but according to previous years they’ve given offers to the middle third. Don’t want to wait but also don’t want to reapply :/ Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for the middle third? Also IS if that matters

Waitlisted - middle third. Kinda bummed about that but according to previous years they’ve given offers to the middle third. Don’t want to wait but also don’t want to reapply :/ Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for the middle third? Also IS if that matters

Did they tell you your tier or did you have to ask?

Does anyone know the match rate for the class of 2019?