2018-2019 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you a MacBook user by chance? This happened to me, so i had to use google chrome before it started working.
Yeah I'm on a Macbook, I tried Chrome and it let me reset my password! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem but am not a MacBook user. I use Chrome. Any other advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm OOS, received application complete email 8/1 and still haven't heard anything
Im OOS as well, GA resident. Submitted secondary 9/7. Haven't heard anything back.

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED ED!!!

So excited right now! Got the call at 12:21 today!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today ED! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS interview received today, complete 9/10, re-applicant, waitlisted last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! Got the call around 11:30 this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an II recently? I’m a reapplicant that made it onto the top third of the waitlist last year and already received an II by this time last year.

Anyone get an II recently? I’m a reapplicant that made it onto the top third of the waitlist last year and already received an II by this time last year.
I just got an II today, OOS LM 71, complete 8/13

Anyone else complete in July/Aug and not hear anything yet?

Accepted this Morning! Got the call around 10:45 :) OOS

So after their interview do they just stay silent and reject/waitlist you at the end or should we expect to hear about it before then?

Any reapplicants that made it onto the waitlist last year still waiting on an interview?

So after their interview do they just stay silent and reject/waitlist you at the end or should we expect to hear about it before then?
When I interviewed last year they told us that after your interview you will either get accepted or told you are "continued to be evaluated." So you should hear something but they won't let you know if you've been rejected/waitlisted until March from what I remember.

When I interviewed last year they told us that after your interview you will either get accepted or told you are "continued to be evaluated." So you should hear something but they won't let you know if you've been rejected/waitlisted until March from what I remember.
Yeah just got that email. Thanks though!

Hey guys! I was complete here early Aug and hadn't heard anything back for a while so I emailed admissions committee directly. They emailed me back the next day and said that I was on that day's list for interview invites. I'm not sure if the email made a difference or if I was there before but figured I'd pass along the info and it might help!

Did you just ask to confirm if you were complete/they’d gotten everything? Like just a casual note to make sure?
Hey guys! I was complete here early Aug and hadn't heard anything back for a while so I emailed admissions committee directly. They emailed me back the next day and said that I was on that day's list for interview invites. I'm not sure if the email made a difference or if I was there before but figured I'd pass along the info and it might help!

Did you just ask to confirm if you were complete/they’d gotten everything? Like just a casual note to make sure?
Basically yeah, and I also wrote out exactly why I wanted to go to Greenville and why I thought I make a good candidate.

Hi I have an interview here in a few weeks and wondering if anybody who has already interviewed can give some insight about interview day, in particular the 3 different interviews and how intensive the MMI were. also the tour- what did you like about the campus, how were the current students?
Thanks!

Hi I have an interview here in a few weeks and wondering if anybody who has already interviewed can give some insight about interview day, in particular the 3 different interviews and how intensive the MMI were. also the tour- what did you like about the campus, how were the current students?
Thanks!

Interview day was super relaxed!! Everyone was extremely friendly and for the first part of the day, they really just want you to get your questions answered about the school. After lunch, there are two one on one interviews and then the MMIs. For the one on ones, it really just depends on your interviewer. One of my interviewers knew my application back and forth and had specific questions written down ready for me to answer- kind of similar to ones you would find online when you google "med school interview questions." It felt really formal and forced. My other interviewer was very laid back and it was completely conversational about my application- after talking with the other people that I interviewed with, it seemed like this was the case for most of the one on ones. I think the most important thing is to not be nervous and just be yourself. Be ready to have the conversation that the interviewer wants to have and you'll be fine. The MMIs are not as scary as they seem! It's most important to be yourself, be genuine and try to establish rapport with the actors. Focus on that more, instead of just trying to find a solution to the problem and leaving the room as fast as you can.

The tour was very impressive! The school has a ton of windows everywhere so I loved all of the natural lighting. It made it feel like a really happy place lol. The parking garage is right under the school so all the students have to do is ride the elevator up for class instead of walking super far across a campus. All of the study rooms have tables and walls that you can write on with dry erase markers. The student lounge is huge with a ping pong table, tvs, couches, etc. The sim center and anatomy lab seemed state of the art. The hospital is just a short walk from the med school. I honestly have no complaints about the campus/facilities. The current students seemed very happy and friendly. It definitely seems like a collaborative environment too!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview day was super relaxed!! Everyone was extremely friendly and for the first part of the day, they really just want you to get your questions answered about the school. After lunch, there are two one on one interviews and then the MMIs. For the one on ones, it really just depends on your interviewer. One of my interviewers knew my application back and forth and had specific questions written down ready for me to answer- kind of similar to ones you would find online when you google "med school interview questions." It felt really formal and forced. My other interviewer was very laid back and it was completely conversational about my application- after talking with the other people that I interviewed with, it seemed like this was the case for most of the one on ones. I think the most important thing is to not be nervous and just be yourself. Be ready to have the conversation that the interviewer wants to have and you'll be fine. The MMIs are not as scary as they seem! It's most important to be yourself, be genuine and try to establish rapport with the actors. Focus on that more, instead of just trying to find a solution to the problem and leaving the room as fast as you can.

The tour was very impressive! The school has a ton of windows everywhere so I loved all of the natural lighting. It made it feel like a really happy place lol. The parking garage is right under the school so all the students have to do is ride the elevator up for class instead of walking super far across a campus. All of the study rooms have tables and walls that you can write on with dry erase markers. The student lounge is huge with a ping pong table, tvs, couches, etc. The sim center and anatomy lab seemed state of the art. The hospital is just a short walk from the med school. I honestly have no complaints about the campus/facilities. The current students seemed very happy and friendly. It definitely seems like a collaborative environment too!

Thank you!! The campus sounds amazing I love Greenville so it’s good to know that the med school is just as awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody get an interview invite recently? If so when were you complete?

Literally can hear a pin drop in this thread in comparison to all other schools

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know around when they stop sending out IIs for the cycle?

Anyone know around when they stop sending out IIs for the cycle?
I’m not sure about this cycle, but in 2016 i was invited in March. Given, it was the last interview of the year, but i guess that could mean there’s still hope?

anybody hear anything back from Greenville yet? Dead silence from me so far; interviewed there last year

anybody hear anything back from Greenville yet? Dead silence from me so far; interviewed there last year
I interviewed here last year also but also haven't heard anything yet this cycle. Did you receive an II this cycle?