2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted via mail!!! Interviewed for SELECT 11/12. My first acceptance of the cycle and I am so so excited. Absolutely loved this program <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Welp... still waiting for 10/29 SELECT.... off to waitlist I guess :(
For what it's worth, I live in Tampa bay and am probably one of the first people to get a letter that went out on monday. I haven't seen anything from people who interviewed on your date and apparently dr daniel isnt calling people, so I think your shot was as good as mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance letter by mail today!!! Interviewed Core 11/13:)

Letter was dated 11/28!

Reactions: 2 users
GUYS. After reading these posts in the middle of the day, I dropped all of my f****** work, told my coworkers I had to go “do something”, picked up my keys, ran to my car, whipped out of my parking garage like a crazy person, mentally cursed at every speed-limit-abiding driver in front of me, made some morally-questionable rolling stops through a couple of stop signs, drove straight back to my apartment, parked sideways, and ran to my f****** mailbox.

It was F****** EMPTYYYY.

So I drove back to work bummed out and ate my feelings at my desk for the rest of the day. :/

BUT, then I checked the mail again when I got home...and it was STILL F****** EMPTYYYYYYYYYY. So I went to my apartment and wallowed in my misery with my dog.

BUT THEN, while I was walking my dog later this evening, I noticed the USPS van roll up. So I turned around, lurked like a creep for a bit (a friendly creep), and waited for the van to drive away. Once it was gone, I opened my mailbox, AND THERE WAS A F****** ACCEPTANCE LETTER IN THERE BECAUSE I’M F****** ACCEPTED.

Reactions: 17 users
Okay, but in all seriousness, accepted to SELECT, interviewed during one of the earlier November dates, OOS. I’m a few states over from Florida, so maybe some of you other OOSers will get yours soon, too!

Last edited:
Okay, but I’m all seriousness, accepted to SELECT, interviewed during one of the earlier November dates, OOS. I’m a few states over from Florida, so maybe some of you other OOSers will get yours soon, too!
Are you around the PA area?

Also did NONE of the recent acceptees get called?? Dr. Daniel just gave up on calling I guess lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I’m not as far away as PA
Hopefully yours is coming tomorrow
I hope so I couldn't focus on anything today besides refreshing this thread and checking my entire front yard for something from usf :(

I read this thread, freaked out and made my mom check the mail. ACCEPTED!! THIS SCHOOL WAS MY #1 CHOICE THE GRIND WAS WORTH IT

Congrats to all you recently accepted people! Go celebrate. It was your hard work over the years that helped you get here.

Congrats to all who got accepted!! I was wondering if those who got the call, also got mail? And for those who got mail, what kind of info is included?

I was accepted mid-Nov, but haven't gotten any mail.

I got the call mid November , got the letter yesterday
Congrats to all who got accepted!! I was wondering if those who got the call, also got mail? And for those who got mail, what kind of info is included?

dwtwd

Info about housing, traffic rules, and then some next steps info. There’s also two papers (technical standards and accepting your seat) to sign and return to the admissions office

Info about housing, traffic rules, and then some next steps info. There’s also two papers (technical standards and accepting your seat) to sign and return to the admissions office
I was a little unclear on accepting our seat, is there a specific due date for that?

Finally got the acceptance 15 minutes ago, by mail. I'm from a rural town out of state and its been raining, so I guess it got delayed. I've been anxiously waiting since @highway31 's post haha. But we're here. My first medical school acceptance!

11/6 Core

Reactions: 3 users
Finally got the acceptance 15 minutes ago, by mail. I'm from a rural town out of state and its been raining, so I guess it got delayed. I've been anxiously waiting since @highway31 's post haha. But we're here. My first medical school acceptance!

11/6 Core
Congratulations! So it looks like it’s roughly a 3 week to 3 month turnaround for decisions to be made on average

I know SDN can be very biased at times, but I've noticed that especially for USF there have been a ton of acceptances and no rejections (based on this cycle so far). Do they accept more students than they have seats, in case students withdraw?

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Interviewed 10/29 SELECT. Heard they liked high MCAT applicants, so gave it a shot with my GPA, and seemed like it all ended up well!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Has anyone heard back from 11/5?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via Mail on Thursday, 11/5 SELECT!
So excited and grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
YOU GET AN ACCEPTANCE! YOU GET AN ACCEPTANCE! EVERYBODY GETS AN ACCEPTANCE!!!
611F9BD0-5B2D-4DF2-B119-E4FCA6E29A7B.gif

I was bored at work and it seemed like a good idea to make a FB group for accepted applicants (and eventually the class). Admittedly I do not know how to link it (Facebook is my social media weakness) but if you want to join, you can search "USF Morsani COM 2023" to find it!

Can't wait to meet my future classmates. Rest up, future doctors.

Reactions: 5 users
I was bored at work and it seemed like a good idea to make a FB group for accepted applicants (and eventually the class). Admittedly I do not know how to link it (Facebook is my social media weakness) but if you want to join, you can search "USF Morsani COM 2023" to find it!

Can't wait to meet my future classmates. Rest up, future doctors.
You are the chosen one. Thanks a ton

Reactions: 1 users
II earlier this afternoon via phone call! complete 9/4

Reactions: 6 users
Can current students shed light on how stressful the grading system is actually? I feel like I'm overestimating the stress factor of it

No interview dates for Tampa available after getting my II this week and no response after emailing and calling admissions to see if any more spots would open up. I really don't think I can afford to fly out to Allentown but still really want to interview for SELECT. Not sure what to do:/

No interview dates for Tampa available after getting my II this week and no response after emailing and calling admissions to see if any more spots would open up. I really don't think I can afford to fly out to Allentown but still really want to interview for SELECT. Not sure what to do:/

Would definitely recommend to keep trying to call and get ahold of admissions - they’re office might be more busy now with the holidays and end of semester around the corner, but I’m sure they’ll be more than willing to help you find a date that works for you! If that doesn’t work, would flying to Philly and taking a train/bus to Allentown be cheaper?

Would definitely recommend to keep trying to call and get ahold of admissions - they’re office might be more busy now with the holidays and end of semester around the corner, but I’m sure they’ll be more than willing to help you find a date that works for you! If that doesn’t work, would flying to Philly and taking a train/bus to Allentown be cheaper?
That might also work. I'm just being paranoid and afraid that I'll lose my invitation if I don't reserve a spot within a certain amount of time. I just don't know what to do atm since admissions hasn't gotten back to me.

Hey friends, I'm trying to contact someone about financial aid questions, but no one answered any of my calls during the week. I also emailed the admission advisor early in the week but I haven't heard back yet. Are they closed for Christmas?

Hey friends, I'm trying to contact someone about financial aid questions, but no one answered any of my calls during the week. I also emailed the admission advisor early in the week but I haven't heard back yet. Are they closed for Christmas?
According to their academic calendar, the school isn't on winter break until the 24th so no they aren't closed. I'm sure its just a combination of small department and high email/call volume. I seem to remember the lady who responded to one of my emails was present on interview day so I'm sure they've got lots of other responsibilities other than just fielding questions. Have you tried calling the financial aid department? At any rate, classes dont start until august so I'm sure they dont think anything is very time sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Hello again friends, did anyone receive any merit based scholarship information with their acceptance package? Trying to see if USF assigns scholarships at the time of acceptance or waits until the class is finalized