2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone found the Morsani College of Medicine Student Financial Aid Application on OASIS yet? The email they sent out directed us to that site, it confirms that my FAFSA has been received, but I cannot find the application itself.
No, I don't think anyone has been able to access it

Members don't see this ad.

Any reply? Is it mandatory or recommended?
“The curriculum is computerized and the majority of your exams will be taking online. Unfortunately, these are the minimum technical requirements. The display size would not accommodate the assessments—“ you have to test your computer with IT so I think I’m gonna try that before giving up lol

Unfortunately the laptop screen size thing is kind of a hard requirement to pass the IT certification.

A few people, myself included, have 2 computers for school. One cheap piece of junk that meets the minimum requirements for test taking(look around for deals, I got mine for around 250) and then get a nicer one for your daily use/studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So does the laptop really have to be purchased within the last year? I have a MacBook that I'm pretty sure meets all the requirements except for the fact that I bought it 5 years ago

Unfortunately the laptop screen size thing is kind of a hard requirement to pass the IT certification.

A few people, myself included, have 2 computers for school. One cheap piece of junk that meets the minimum requirements for test taking(look around for deals, I got mine for around 250) and then get a nicer one for your daily use/studying.
Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing as an alternative. Cheaper than trading in my macbook. You only need the laptop for test taking right?

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing as an alternative. Cheaper than trading in my macbook. You only need the laptop for test taking right?
Looking into it more, looks like they are being pretty strict about all the requirements (even asking for the receipt of purchase upon request). I guess I will be using my perfectly fine macbook for all other activities except to take exams haha.

What is the standard turn-around time for those of you that were accepted? From what I've seen waitlists are generally longer, but curious if any of you were accepted in under the generic 4-6 week time-frame.

What is the standard turn-around time for those of you that were accepted? From what I've seen waitlists are generally longer, but curious if any of you were accepted in under the generic 4-6 week time-frame.
I was accepted via mail about 3.5 weeks after my interview

In one interview day, how many select and core are there for Tampa? Is it different during the spring vs fall? I just received a II last week, complete end of September...

withdrew my A from here today, sending good vibes to anyone on the WL!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did your interviews last? Any tips? I had the FSU one so I'm thinking it is similar
If you applied for Core you only interview with core, same for select. The core interview is pretty similar to FSU's interview in that you interview with two people for up to an hour, pretty casual conversation, but I feel like USF interviewers had a few more questions prepared.

We were told we would hear back in 4-6 weeks. I’m now at 4 weeks and 1 day and I feel like I’m dying

Reactions: 1 users
Well the wait is over.. waitlisted
So I guess the wait is not over

I interviewed for SELECT on 2/4...it's been 5.5 weeks and I'm losing my mind over here

Interviewed 2/26 and just got waitlisted.... only 2 weeks of waiting... well er now more weeks of waiting I guess. Anyone know how the waitlist moves?

Interviewed 2/26 and just got waitlisted.... only 2 weeks of waiting... well er now more weeks of waiting I guess. Anyone know how the waitlist moves?

Congrats! Was this by mail? That would be impressively quick unless you’re in FL. Also do you mind if I ask if you interviewed for CORE or SELECT?

I’m sure we’ll start seeing movement towards the end of April when everyone has to choose where they’re going.

did anyone who interviewed after Jan get an acceptance?

Congrats! Was this by mail? That would be impressively quick unless you’re in FL. Also do you mind if I ask if you interviewed for CORE or SELECT?

I’m sure we’ll start seeing movement towards the end of April when everyone has to choose where they’re going.
yes I live in Florida! I interviewed CORE

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package? Do you know when we should expect to see this?
I can’t find the forms anywhere on Oasis they told us to fill out, has anyone found them?

When did they tell us to fill these out? What is Oasis? I'm sure you can tell that I'm a bit out of the loop.
You should’ve gotten several emails from USF during the past two-ish weeks describing how to set up a USF ID, email account, OASIS, pre-matriculation checklist, etc. If you haven’t gotten that, maybe shoot them an email? If you were accepted very recently, maybe they just haven’t sent it to you yet.

But no, I just set up all of that yesterday and I haven't seen any financial aid forms either :/

When did they tell us to fill these out? What is Oasis? I'm sure you can tell that I'm a bit out of the loop.
You should have gotten a few different emails in the last couple of weeks about onboarding stuff, including making a usf health email and getting your student number. The email also mentions financial aid forms on oasis, which is the website that has all the student services on it.

Waitlisted, interviewed 2/4 for Select in Allentown

Waitlisted. Pretty devastated, this was my top choice school and thought I nailed the interview.

Another month of waiting...

I know this has been discussed but are we certain that anyone who interviews after December is definitely waitlisted first? I wasn't sure if people are actually accepted right off the bat and just don't post on here or if the evidence from this and past threads truly suggests an automatic wait list position for later interviews.

For those who have received waitlists, was it via email or letter?

This school seems super shady about the waitlist for Select. They sent me an inteview invite with only a week's notice and it now seems apparent that it was pretty much just for the waitlist. Also weird that they do decisions through snail mail.

Overall totally fine with getting waitlisted as I didn't like the Select program. They changed from p/f back to pre-clinical letter grading which is strange.

I interviewed in October and we were explicitly told grading was a H/P/F system for preclinicals... did they change since then?
Cause if so, I'd like to start a campaign protesting that change. That's super important to me and may well change my decision as to where I plan to matriculate.

I interviewed in February and they said it was Honors/Pass with Commendation/Pass/Fail.

Hi, current MCOM student here! The grading system is as follows:

Honors
Pass with commendation
Pass
Fail

There have not been any recent changes to the grading system and the administation has not planned on changing it as far as I know.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how people are informed if they get off the waitlist? Email, call, snail mail?

Does anyone know how people are informed if they get off the waitlist? Email, call, snail mail?
From what I've gathered everyone is notified by snail mail, but occasionally if the person calling has time you may also get a call for an acceptance.

Did anyone who signed up for second look get any sort of confirmation about anything?

To anyone that wrote a letter of intent, did you email it to the admissions office, dean, or both? On my interview day they explicitly said they would only accept LOIs but not update letters.

To anyone that wrote a letter of intent, did you email it to the admissions office, dean, or both? On my interview day they explicitly said they would only accept LOIs but not update letters.

I sent mine to the admissions office.