2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do some people who interviewed in March get invited to second look?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people think a lot of people will be at the second look this week? Think it is traveling and taking off work to attend if we already plan on attending MCOM in the fall?

Do people think a lot of people will be at the second look this week? Think it is traveling and taking off work to attend if we already plan on attending MCOM in the fall?
I personally think it's worth it! I'm also using it as an opportunity to look around at apartments

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone (possibly current students) know how likely it is to come off the waitlist for SELECT? I was really impressed with this program and would love to come here, but with a class size of about 50, it seems unlikely :/

Fellow waitlisted applicant here and this is all conjecture, but I think that there should be good amount of waitlist movement. Most of the SELECT interviewees were OOS and it's hard to justify paying for SELECT if any of them were also admitted to their state school. Also, the idea of packing up after 2 years in Tampa to go to Allentown might not be appealing to some applicants.
Both great points, thank you for your response :) Best of luck to both of us to get off the waitlist!

Waitlisted today via mail. Interviewed for SELECT 3/4. Very bummed.

Waitlisted today via mail. Interviewed for SELECT 3/4. Very bummed.
Don’t think it’s anything to be bummed about as long as you gave your best effort. I’m pretty sure most, if not all select interviewees (including myself who interviewed in November) were waitlisted, and I currently still am. It’s just a waiting game now

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone who sent a LOI receive a confirmation email back that they received it?

Did anyone who sent a LOI receive a confirmation email back that they received it?
I delivered mine in person and did not receive an email.
Also, from what I know of previous years there is a lot of movement in May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think there’s a possibility USF will have some waitlist movement before the April 30th deadline? Their website seems to indicate that it will be after the AMCAS deadline

Does anyone think there’s a possibility USF will have some waitlist movement before the April 30th deadline? Their website seems to indicate that it will be after the AMCAS deadline

In threads from previous years I believe there was some movement in the week prior to April 30th off of at least the CORE list but I can’t be sure about this year

Well, I lied. I submitted the LOI about a month ago and just received a confirmation email.

I delivered mine in person and did not receive an email.
Also, from what I know of previous years there is a lot of movement in May.

I just got one and I submitted mine 2/23

For accepted students, what do you see under the financial aid tab on oasis? All i can find is the cost of attendance, nothing about loans or awards. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks!

For accepted students, what do you see under the financial aid tab on oasis? All i can find is the cost of attendance, nothing about loans or awards. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks!
At second look they said financial awards should start rolling out on/after April 15

I will start USF in fall 2019. Just want to know where will be the best place to live. any suggestions? Names of the apartment building? Also, I need to lease a car for 2 years. which dealer I should go to? thanks

Anyone know of anyone who has come off of the waitlist this early or have any advice as to how one might improve their chances of doing so?

Yes. Second look day was 4/4-4/5

Hey guys anyone receive any calls or emails about merit aid??
Nah, not yet. They said at second look day to expect them this week, so I’ve been checking Oasis and my USF email, but so far no dice.

For anyone who attended second look, did they mention how many acceptances they handed out?

Just got accepted off waitlist earlier this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (needed sometime to let it sink in lol)
I was interviewed on 1/29 and waitlisted around 2/18
Best of luck to my fellow wait listers! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Just got accepted off waitlist earlier this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (needed sometime to let it sink in lol)
Congrats!! Did you ever call the admissions office to express interest in addition to your LOI?

Anyone have any idea on how much they usually pull from the waitlist?

Did they call you to let you know or did you get the acceptance packet in the mail?

Any word on financial aid award for USF? Completed my forms shortly after they came out.

Will be withdrawing from my SELECT acceptance. I hope one of you wonderful people on the waitlist gets my spot!
Does anyone know the procedure for withdrawing here? I couldn't find anything on the application portal, so do I need to send an email to admissions?

Reactions: 3 users
Will be withdrawing from my SELECT acceptance. I hope one of you wonderful people on the waitlist gets my spot!
Does anyone know the procedure for withdrawing here? I couldn't find anything on the application portal, so do I need to send an email to admissions?
I withdrew from CORE, but I just sent an email to admissions. I'm assuming SELECT is the same approach.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
What's the financial aid timeline like? Any chance it'll be released in less than 8 days?

What's the financial aid timeline like? Any chance it'll be released in less than 8 days?
We were supposed to hear last week...

As far as I know, few of us heard anything, which tries my patience lol

Just came off the SELECT waitlist! Interviewed in Dec.

Reactions: 6 users