2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now I want to get the acceptance even more just so I can see those dogs they are beautiful.

Thank you! They are great. I hope you get in too!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I was just wondering about the computer requirements as well. I talked to someone at Best Buy and they said that computers with 2.4 GHz clock speeds are rare now. I got 1.99 GHz but that it can "boost" to 2.4 GHz, I'm not a tach guy, but do any of y'all think they will have a problem with it?
That is fine. My computer is the same way and it already passed the requirements by IT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people think that they will continue calling people off the waitlist?

The school just withdrew my application from the waitlist because I clicked “plan to enroll” somewhere else even though I was waiting to get off the waitlist here.
How do you know they withdrew your application??

I just reread the email and they are making it sound like I had been accepted even though I never received an acceptance here.

No I specifically clicked plan to enroll for this school.

Thank you for applying to USF and congratulations once again on your acceptance. According to the Choose Your Medical School tool, you have indicated that you plan to enroll/commit to enroll at another academic institution. Based on this information, we are going to process your acceptance withdrawal from USF.

Thanks again for considering USF and we wish you the best as you embark on your journey to becoming a physician.”
I just received this email TOO. I was offered my acceptance two days ago and they told me I had two weeks to make my decision. I dont even have an email with the acceptance or a packet with the acceptance info yet because it was literally just offered to me... slightly panicking

I am on the waitlist and have listed plan to enroll somewhere else but did not receive that email. Did either of you send letters of intent?

I just received this email TOO. I was offered my acceptance two days ago and they told me I had two weeks to make my decision. I dont even have an email with the acceptance or a packet with the acceptance info yet because it was literally just offered to me... slightly panicking
Sounds like an error. They probably sent it to everyone who didn’t CTE but forgot to factor in the people who have 2 weeks to decide

Update: all good. Even the adcoms are struggling with the new choose your med school toolo_O

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off SELECT waitlist via call. OOS. Interviewed late March, WL'd April 24th (submit LoI day after).

BTW, worth noting that the website says LoI doesn't affect your chance of admission.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted off the waitlist, did you write a Letter of Intent to the school?

No, I didn't submit anything and got the call on April 30. But like they say on their website, a LOI doesn't affect your chances of admission

You're gonna have to come downtown twice a week for CAMLS days. After the campus moves in january, the only reason you'll have to go by the main USF campus is for VA or Moffitt rotations, so you might as well live downtown

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I’ve spent the last few days looking through downtown apartments, it make sure the most sense to be there. They’re slightly more expensive but that was expected

Got off the waitlist :D Interview 2/12 and was accepted to CORE. Still in shock.

Reactions: 7 users
Got off the CORE waitlist last week still in shock and couldn’t be more excited!!!!!! For those of you who just got off the waitlist, is there anything we need to do right away or should we just wait for the package in the mail ????

Got off the CORE waitlist last week still in shock and couldn’t be more excited!!!!!! For those of you who just got off the waitlist, is there anything we need to do right away or should we just wait for the package in the mail ????
All they told me to do was wait for the package in the mail. It’s been about 6 days since though

Same! Got off core as well! IM A BULL AGAIN
That’s amazing, congratulations! Would you mind providing your interview date? I’m a 3/5 interview and crossing my fingers !! Thanks :)!

Those that have already received financial aid packages for core, what have they looked like? Are scholarships common in this program?

Those that have already received financial aid packages for core, what have they looked like? Are scholarships common in this program?

I believe most of us have only received the federal direct loans at this point. Current students on the Facebook page were saying that many of them didn't receive scholarships until August/September.

I believe most of us have only received the federal direct loans at this point. Current students on the Facebook page were saying that many of them didn't receive scholarships until August/September.
This worries me

How long after the acceptance call did it take those of you accepted to receive the packet in the mail? It’s been 9 days since I got the call.

How long after the acceptance call did it take those of you accepted to receive the packet in the mail? It’s been 9 days since I got the call.

Same; I haven't gotten mine yet either

took like 3-4 weeks back in october
Interesting, they told me I have 2 weeks to respond to the offer and I'm in the process of declining acceptances from other schools who are requiring the deposit now, so it's kind of a tight and risky spot I'm in

Have you checked your portal? I think you might also be able to accept the offer there now, as well, instead of having to wait for the paper forms.
The latest update there is the interview day confirmation. I think the acceptance packet is the only way. I called both this morning as well as an hour before they closed and got no answer, left a message. Also sent an email. I think all I can do is wait at this point

Ah okay, well they asked some of us to also accept the offer in the portal, too, but maybe that only happens after you send in the forms in the packet.
You may be right. I'll make sure to call again tomorrow

Although some of us may have missed the boat for some merit-based scholarships, I was doing a search on the USF website and their foundation has funds for scholarships. Here is verbiage from the site:

All applications for USF Foundation Scholarship are done electronically.
Please visit University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services to apply. Applicants may apply for scholarships annually from November - April. From May - October, please visit our USF Foundation Scholarship Office social media accounts for other scholarship opportunities.

Interesting, they told me I have 2 weeks to respond to the offer and I'm in the process of declining acceptances from other schools who are requiring the deposit now, so it's kind of a tight and risky spot I'm in
I was confused about this also and called to confirm. You can reach out to their admissions advisor, Michelle Garcia (i believe is her name), at 813-974-3396. I am pretty sure that we have two weeks after we are notified by phone; however, they are flexible b/c they realize we have limited financial aid information when we are accepted this time of year.

Also, as far as the electronic offer, I was told that they have to enter us in the I/T system first so that when we try to log into their student portal it'll recognize us which is why they asked for our SSNs. They have to put that information in the system first. Apparently USF requires SSNs but AMCAS appl does not require us to provide. Because of them having to "process" us in their student system (I think it's called OASIS), it takes time before they can send us an electronic offer. They'll also send us an email about setting up a USF email account and then when we log into the student portal we can view financial aid forms. If you get confused called admissions but once you can access the fin aid information, reach out to that department directly. There are parent forms to fill out and some of us are non-traditional students who are married and have families and therefore, those parent forms could be optional.

When in doubt, go straight to the source!

The latest update there is the interview day confirmation. I think the acceptance packet is the only way. I called both this morning as well as an hour before they closed and got no answer, left a message. Also sent an email. I think all I can do is wait at this point
I was told there wouldn't be a portal update until we are added to their I/T system because it opens up some other options in the portal that we wont be able to really log into until they do things on their end. I'm not sure if that makes sense since I'm still understanding it myself, but there's not much for us to do right now and the packet is somewhat separate from what they have to in their portal. They'll email us when the electronic offer is available to us. Whether we get the packet first or not doesn't impact the electronic offer.

Hey guys. current student here, finishing up the first year, i don't remember if i posted this a while back but feel free to message any questions if anyone still has any. in select btw.
dont listen to @april5115 shes weird

Did anyone else receive mail today from USF?

I’m waiting for something! I was notified by phone of my acceptance but I haven’t got anything from USF, mail or electronic and I’ll starting to worry. Already committed to enroll in amcas tho.

I’m waiting for something! I was notified by phone of my acceptance but I haven’t got anything from USF, mail or electronic and I’ll starting to worry. Already committed to enroll in amcas tho.
It only brought a brochure for the school that’s why I’m wondering if mine was missing anything.

Congrats to you!

It only brought a brochure for the school that’s why I’m wondering if mine was missing anything.

Congrats to you!

Mine was also just a brochure! Thought something could be missing too but I figured not lol

+1 for the brochure, lol. It's nice but I'm still waiting for that official acceptance letter/email and going to be pinching myself until it gets here

+1 for the brochure, lol. It's nice but I'm still waiting for that official acceptance letter/email and going to be pinching myself until it gets here

Same I just wanna make sure if we have to pay or respond to something I do it sooooon lol

Will there be one? I was lead to believe that the mail would contain it.